Old 10-15-2010, 06:18 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
it's not that bad.

fix it up and make it better than ever.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosRich
Sorry to hear man. Sounds like you really loved your car. At the end of the day it saved your life so be glad for that. Gotta move on.
I did love it bro... I have never been into cars until I saw the G come out...
and even then it was something that was just not in my cards, but l bettered my situation in life and earned my way there...
I know the car line itself has issues but the way I see it, everything does...
to me it was perfection on four wheels
I will truly miss down shifting and dumping gears past 5k
on my way to work today (carpool) I would catch myself going through the motions on every turn...clutch • shift • rev match • throttle

Old 10-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Don't look 'totaled' to me. But maybe if there is some frame damage.

Sorry to see and hear about this. You're safe and at least now, you can upgrade to a better car. One that lets you recirculate air w/o having the AC on. And one that doesn't have the heater on 24/7.

You car was very clean though. Maybe you can fix it back up if they don't total it.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why not get another G or maybe a 37

Old 10-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Under the hood it looks worse...the frame is bent in and the tire side is actually caved in...
the bolts that you attach the STB to got ripped out of place…and the front right side is actually hanging once its suspended...

Old 10-15-2010, 06:25 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Seeing pics of a G in that condition makes my stomach churn, literally. I feel your pain and really don't look forward to the day I have to say bye to my G. It's strange because there are so many great cars out there to choose from these days but I have become very attached to the G like no other car I've had since my 72 Olds 442 I owned back in the late 70's in high school.

BUT, the important thing here is you are OK and the car can be replaced. If I was in your situation I would probably buy another 05-06 G sedan, and start the process over with as many parts from the wrecked car as I could. That way I could have some of my old girl in the new one. Keep your head up and look at this as one of those learning experiences that you will go through from time to time. Remember, that which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!

Old 10-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by BigOgre
Why not get another G or maybe a 37
Yeah 37 engines are dope but to me it seems more like a chic car bro...no offense to anyone...but its just not me... to much curves.
I could have bought a 37 to begin with but I wanted the 35

the 35's to me are just pure sex...I will turn my head for a stock 35 before I turn my head for a fine female

Like I said it was my dream car

Old 10-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
Man....i think i almost cried reading your story.....To be dead honest i know how you feel when you open your garage and see it looking at you. Its like falling in love all over again man. Props to all the work you put into it. It's all I could've dreamed seeing my engine bay looking so clean....Best wishes to you man and thank god you came away from that....

Old 10-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sure did fu**** that honda up though

Old 10-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by ilovez33
Man....i think i almost cried reading your story.....To be dead honest i know how you feel when you open your garage and see it looking at you. Its like falling in love all over again man. Props to all the work you put into it. It's all I could've dreamed seeing my engine bay looking so clean....Best wishes to you man and thank god you came away from that....
Yes as everyone calls it... the honeymoon was not even close to over...
I never took her for granted...
I use to walk in my garage late at night while while everyone was asleep and just stare at her...calidust her even though it was immaculate... and rewax what was already waxed...cleaned the engine everyday after work, and things that some might consider even too much...

Thanks for the support bro

Last edited by CERBERUSlucid; 10-19-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey man I know exactly how you feel. The G35 was the car that got me into cars, it was the first vehicle I purchased myself, I learned how to do basically everything I know about cars on it, and I was honestly planning on keeping it forever.

My last one got totaled because some ******* ran a red light and t-boned me. This happened last November as you can see in my signature, and I was completely devastated. I still think about all the time, money, and enthusiasm I poured into that car and it makes me a little bit sad. At the time I thought it was weird that I had all of these emotions tied to a car, but I've come to accept it for what it is. It's interesting you posted this because as it's getting near November again I was just thinking about it today on the way home from work about how it's almost been a year since it's happened.

Anyways man, keep your head up. You will find another G35 if you want. I flew down from Maryland to South Carolina to get my current one, it was owned by some old dude and basically looked new when I picked it up. They are out there if you look hard enough!

Old 10-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Diaz
sure did fu**** that honda up though
Your dam right!!! at impact I could hear her say i will protect you and goodbye, but I will make sure to take that POS out of commission as well...I will not go alone...remember me <3 … BOOM! </3 _______flatline...

my response... I will NEVER forget!

then I was thinking of that Subaru commercial where the guys car gets wreck and here take his old shift **** from the wreck before the demolish the car and sticks it in his new car...

Old 10-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Actually, the front end is suppose to "crush" like that. Most Japanese cars have "crumple zones". Basically created to "lesson" the impact. When the a car is hit straight on, it's suppose to crush like exactly like that.

The G was hit at a slight angle..

Old 10-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
WOW.

I'm sorry to hear this, hopefully you'll find one close to yours soon!

Glad to hear you're okay, tho!

Old 10-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Seeing pics of a G in that condition makes my stomach churn, literally. I feel your pain and really don't look forward to the day I have to say bye to my G. It's strange because there are so many great cars out there to choose from these days but I have become very attached to the G like no other car I've had since my 72 Olds 442 I owned back in the late 70's in high school.

BUT, the important thing here is you are OK and the car can be replaced. If I was in your situation I would probably buy another 05-06 G sedan, and start the process over with as many parts from the wrecked car as I could. That way I could have some of my old girl in the new one. Keep your head up and look at this as one of those learning experiences that you will go through from time to time. Remember, that which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!
Yeah I know I shouldn't say why me, but more like why not me...
It happens to the best of us, Im no exception. It is what it is, and I will take it like a man...
and yes there are tons of greater cars out there that I actually can afford now, but she was mine and I was hers, and I was loyal!
Thanks for the understanding and we were practically engine bay twins if I recall =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OMFG! Its over (T_T)