G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Loose Seats, Door Rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loose Seats, Door Rattle

I have realized that the seat is loose when I brake hard or accelerate ;-> I feel the seat "give" or rock forward a little bit. I called the service consultant and he had heard of this before. Apparently some cars come from the factory without being completely tight. Anyone else experience this?

I also let them know that my front door speaker would rattle with even low bass. They said to bring it in. They apparently have a "rattle kit" to put in the door to knock of the rattling. I am all for it, but I hope they don't screw things up by getting into the door!

5AT Coupe/Ivory Pearl & Graphite--with all but the navi!!!

Old 04-15-2003, 02:25 AM
Re: Loose Seats, Door Rattle

yeah i was wondering about the quality control of these nissans... I know BMW has some quality control now, too... there is a lot of rattling in the back of the coupe in about 1/3-1/2 of those coupes... but yeah... does anyone else have this problem with the G35C?

Old 04-16-2003, 01:18 AM

Well, I just got word that I have a faulty seat rail mechanism. Infiniti had to overnight the parts to the dealership for installation. I hope that takes care of it. Anyone else had similar loose seats (I mean on the car! Get your head out of the gutter!)

Old 04-16-2003, 06:28 PM

Your front door speaker rattle is probably coming from the seatbelt hitting against the plastic door panal...that's been the case for about 90% of us and we just didn't realize it.

Old 04-16-2003, 06:55 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

hey bro, Yes the faulty seat rail mechanism initially was a big issue with a lot of Sedans, but haven't heard too much lately on either car. The issue has been around as long as the Sedan has so they should be well aware of the fix on both cars.
Similarly with the speaker rattle. There's been many a complaint about that and other rattles and squeakes in various spots.
Taking the doors panels off is no big deal bro. They've probably done that many times and is straightforward.
[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'd have thought a guy with your training would have handled those issues real fast. I get an adjustment for various loose parts, rattles and squeaks periodically from my 'back-doc'.. J/K bro haha, good luck with the fixes.[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 04-16-2003, 07:07 PM

in the rear passanger side of my coupe i would hear an anoying spring / rattle sound when i would hit bumps. well i found out what it was, it was the hook for a clothes hanger. i haven't come up with a clever way to fix it yet. any ideas?

Old 04-17-2003, 02:15 AM

hey sedanman......sometimes people are easier to fix than cars!! (scary, huh?) ;->
Anyway, the dealership said that the seat rails are on a "national back-order" $hit, now I have to go back!!! Anyway the rattle wasn't the seatbelt arm, but from the speaker with the bass turned up. The rattling is completetly gone. I played the same song at the same volume and other settings before and after my service. Most definately better after the foam kit. I highly reccommend having that done, people. However, when I picked up my car, the airbag light kept flashing! Damn!!! I hate going back, especially really urgently. What could they have done to the airbag circuits??!!!!

Old 04-17-2003, 10:17 PM

I don't know if this applies to your situation, but on my old accord I would get that light when I would lean slightly on the side of the side airbag.. it just temporarily shuts the side airbag down when you do that.

Old 04-17-2003, 11:39 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow just when you get a step ahead, you end up 2 steps back hahaha.
Glad to hear the rattle is gone. That's a plus
The seat rails altho on B/O is a plus.
The airbag light.. Hmmmmm. Could be that the seat rail inspection involved disconnecting or otherwise 'F/U' the connection, which, on the passenger side, senses body weight presence that affects the deployment of the air bag.
In any case, the airbag light should clear after so many start-stop cycles if there is no fault in the system. A/Bags can be a little dangerous if they go off when they shouldn't, so I'd get that looked at ASAP if I were you. Besides if there's no fault in the circuit, then the shop can clear that light immediately with their 'do-it-all' Consult II tool. Since the light must have been caused by warranty work, then resetting that light shouldn't cost anything. More importantly, if they screwed something up in the air bag system somewhere, then that should be fixed immediately.... Good luck dude.........L8r.

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 04-18-2003, 02:56 AM

Well the airbag light ended up being a pain in the ****, but it is all taken care of. Gsedanman: you must be 1.) An Infiniti GOD or 2.) An Infiniti tech!!! ;-> The airbag light flashed because they tripped the sensor when they removed the driver side seat rail. The tech "forgot" to re-set before finishing up the car. Anyway my service consultant at Midway Infiniti told me that the airbags wont pop out while I am driving, but the problem is THE AIRBAG WON'T POP PUT IF I AM DRIVING AND HAVE AN ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!! I told the guy I needed to get this fixed ASAP. He apologized profusely and had a tech come out to my office within 30 minutes. (The dealership was 20 mins. away and it was rush hour!!) The tech had that handheld device and was finished in 10 minutes, and he showed me the printout. I was really pissed at first but the way that Midway took care of the situation pleased me. Kudos to Infiniti service!

BTW the stereo sounds 3X better after the foam kit install. My friend said it helps with the rattle and also mutes some of the high treble coming from the Bose. Awesome!!

Old 04-18-2003, 12:56 PM

Backdoc,
My driver seat is rocking as well on my coupe. The head mechanic at the dealership looked at it, and he thinks it's due to the seat rail too. He told me to wait a little bit so he can research it to see if that was really the cause of the problem.

Old 04-20-2003, 04:32 PM

Sounds like the same problem I have MsG35c. Let me know if they can find new rails. I was told they were on a national back order.