G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

[B][/B]What do you know about Front Camber Arms?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Received 105 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
I have installed and aligned multiple G/Z's with all the camber kits mentioned in this thread.

Ichiba- don't waste your time or money. Even at full positive you only get .5 degree over te stock arms. Plus the bushings go out easily.

SPC- do NOT use the spacers, they cause tons of problems. At your height the shouldn't knock and will give you a real positive adjustment of .75-1.0 degree over the stock arms.

SPL V3 - by far the best camber arms in terms of build quality and functionality. No knocking and real adjustment of 1.0 degree over stock arms.

If you don't plan to lower the car anymore than where it sits now, go with SPC and don't install the shims.

If do plan on going lower in the future, fork over the money for SPL V3's.
Thanks for the info.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver tiburon
Yes I assume it will be like that exactly. Where did you get your alignment done at after the install? I'm worried most about finding a good alignment guy who will make these parts do what they are intended to.
I can't remember which shop it was, some hole-in-the-wall place up in Orange County.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Yes I assume it will be like that exactly. Where did you get your alignment done at after the install? I'm worried most about finding a good alignment guy who will make these parts do what they are intended to.
Make sure you have the caster on SPC arms set to 0. This will keep the factory caster in spec.

When you are installing the arms, max them out on both sides so the alignment shop doesn't have to mess with them, most don't like adjusting aftermarket parts as they just don't know how to. Your cross camber should end up right around the same as it is now so if one side is off from the other by .1-.2 degrees then I wouldn't worry about it.

The following users liked this post:
labguy94 (06-09-2011)
Old 04-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Received 105 Likes on 13 Posts
Make sure you have the caster on SPC arms set to 0. This will keep the factory caster in spec.

When you are installing the arms, max them out on both sides so the alignment shop doesn't have to mess with them, most don't like adjusting aftermarket parts as they just don't know how to. Your cross camber should end up right around the same as it is now so if one side is off from the other by .1-.2 degrees then I wouldn't worry about it.
You are saying max them out on positive end of the camber adjustment correct? My goal here is to get my excessive negative camber corrected back to factory spec. Maxing out the arm positive seems like it would be a little too much don't you think?

Old 04-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
having the same problem with my SPCs (which I recently found out were replicas). Nowhere near spec in the front. Not tryin to jack OP but can I just add some of those spacers for more positive adjustment?

Old 04-01-2011, 11:16 AM
^Should be able to, as long as they come with all of the pieces. You will need to adjust the wheel sensor for everything to work properly.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft
^Should be able to, as long as they come with all of the pieces. You will need to adjust the wheel sensor for everything to work properly.
know where I might be able to purchase some?

Old 04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
I like to go through the manufacturer to avoid problems, or see if there some in the Marketplace.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:01 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

You are saying max them out on positive end of the camber adjustment correct? My goal here is to get my excessive negative camber corrected back to factory spec. Maxing out the arm positive seems like it would be a little too much don't you think?
If you only want to get back into the high end of factory spec (-1.6 IIRC) then don't Max them out. With a 1.3" drop your camber is probably around -1.8 so if you max them out you'll be at -.8 to -1.0 for.

For optimal tire wear I'd shoot to be right around -1.0 up front and -1.5 in the rear

Old 04-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you only want to get back into the high end of factory spec (-1.6 IIRC) then don't Max them out. With a 1.3" drop your camber is probably around -1.8 so if you max them out you'll be at -.8 to -1.0 for.

For optimal tire wear I'd shoot to be right around -1.0 up front and -1.5 in the rear
How do you figure that with 1.3" drop -camber will be at 1.8 degrees? From what I have seen the alignment shop I use, most 350z's and G's are already in the range of 1.8-1.2 negative degree on stock height.... So best case scenarios he is at 1.2 stock and would be at 2 or more negAtive with the drop? I'm just asking, I want to learn about these issues also

Old 04-04-2011, 03:30 PM
From personal experience I'm at -1.8 r -1.7 l in the front stock height... And toe is within spec.... The tire is definitely wearing on the inside but that's what these cars are known for.... I'm looking for cheap spc arms in the near future once I need new tires probably another 7 to 8 months

Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Originally Posted by G35Buzz
How do you figure that with 1.3" drop -camber will be at 1.8 degrees? From what I have seen the alignment shop I use, most 350z's and G's are already in the range of 1.8-1.2 negative degree on stock height.... So best case scenarios he is at 1.2 stock and would be at 2 or more negAtive with the drop? I'm just asking, I want to learn about these issues also
I've aligned a good 60-100 G's/Z's and stock camber is around -1.5 (average) so with the drop it will be around -1.8 to -2.0

Every car is different so it will never be the same from one to another, i'm simply using an average from my experiences

Old 04-05-2011, 12:00 AM
I've aligned a good 60-100 G's/Z's and stock camber is around -1.5 (average) so with the drop it will be around -1.8 to -2.0

Every car is different so it will never be the same from one to another, i'm simply using an average from my experiences
Makes sense I just thought te negative camber would be worse from the drop he is going for... hopefully it works favorably for the OP...let us know how it turns out...

Another question about spc
Why are so many people in this particular thread having issues with the shim kit and not recommending its installation? Are the brackets being installed correctly or are abs sensors being damaged?

Old 04-05-2011, 12:06 AM
^Probably because a lot of people either neglect or fail at properly adjusting the wheels sensors.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i had the ichibas when i bought my car they were cheap and the bushings in theem were soft and felt like garbage. i am running all spl stuff now and it all feels great and tight to avoid the bumping there is a tab on the top of the front knuckle you have to grind off. the downside of the spl stuff is A. the price, but you get what you pay for. B. after a bit of time the spherical bearings start to squeak (for me atleast) so you have to spray a bit of lubricant on them. the spl front arms also have caster adjustments that if you cant get enough + camber then u can turn out the caster adjusters equally to get added camber

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [B][/B]What do you know about Front Camber Arms?