G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

[B][/B]What do you know about Front Camber Arms?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 01:03 AM
Received 105 Likes on 13 Posts
[B][/B]What do you know about Front Camber Arms?

Straight to the point>>>>>Here's the deal. I need a front A arm that will allow me to adjust positive camber back to stock specs. The car is dropped between 1.30 - 1.10" inches on Skunk 2 lowering springs. If you don't want to read all the other crap I wrote, stop here and give me your opinion on what A arm to do this, and why you recommend it.

If you are reading on, I bought my G35 already dropped. It's got Skunk 2 springs on it. The drop is supposed to be 1.30 - 1.10". See here: http://www.skunk2.com/mm5/merchant.m...de=519-07-1930

Basically my front tires look brand new, except for the inside edges where apparently judging by the wear, that's the only part of the tire that actually contacting the road. They are really worn and need to be replaced now. I'm going to do what the previous owner failed to do and install some after-market A Arms front and rear to correct the excessive negative camber. I am pretty torn on 2 brands of front arms. From what I have read on here, here's what I can figure about each product. Please correct me if I'm wrong....

ICHIBA A Arms-Lower cost, Limited positive camber adjustment depending on how low your car is dropped. I also read on their website that "The camber arm will not adjust camber to 0 degrees due to car lowered and original factory setup data." Whatever the hell that means. My concern with these is not being able to get enough positive camber adjustment to correct back to factory camber specs to eliminate abnormal tire wear. Is 1.30 - 1.10" drop too much to use these arms and get my positive camber adjustment back in specs?

SPC A Arms-Higher cost, offer the most positive camber adjustment available, might knock, possible ABS problem with spacer installed. I Really like these, but really hate the cost. Ideally I would like to install these without the spacer. I want to avoid the spacer because of what I've read about having ABS problems and such with the spacer installed. According to the SPC website, you can only adjust +1.5 degrees without the spacer. I am also concerned that +1.5 degrees wont be enough with the drop I'm running. Also does anyone know if my car is low enough to cause these arms to knock?

Here Are my main questions:
1. Will the ICHIBA arms give me enough positive camber adjustment with the springs I'm running. I've read people running the Tien S-Tech springs which are rated at just over 1" drop did not have enough positive camber adjustment with the ICHIBA arms. My springs drop my car a little more than the Tien's, so does this mean ICHIBA arms aren't for me, Or did this guy just get a crappy alignment tech. Or has someone proven this wrong all together?

2. Can I rum a SPC spacer kit with the ICHIBA arm? Ideally I would like to just try the ICHIBA arms and see if I have enough adjustment. If they don't, I could just throw on a SPC spacer kit. Any suggestions on this?

3. Do you think SPC arms without a spacer will offer more positive camber adjustment than the ICHIBA arms? ICHIBA claims to have +/- 3 degrees, but that depends on your drop. I've read actual installed adjustment can be less than +/-.5 degrees with the ICHIBA arms? SPC says +1.5 degrees without the spacer period.

I'm really confused here. The more research I do the worse it gets. I would really like to go with the ICHIBA arm just because if the lower cost, but won't waste my time if it wont offer me the adjustment I need. Can someone shine some light on my dilemma here. Hopefully someone on here is running around the same drop as me, and can tell me what they are using to get their camber adjustment back in specs. Lastly, if anyone has both front and rear arms for sale, or knows where to get a good deal on both together let me know. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 03-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Exclamation

Can anyone speak for these alternate SPC A arms for the G35??? Looks like there's no spacers included. They are not constructed out of one solid piece like the other SPC A arms either. Anyone running these? According to spec the offer +/- 2.5 degrees of camber adjustment? This seems much better than the 1.5 degrees the other more common SPC A arm offers. Check this link out:

http://www.spcperformance.com/index....&pid=72130

From the pictures it doesn't look like there is really much of a difference from the arm in the link above and the other more common one below. 1 whole degree IS a lot of difference though when it comes to getting a little more adjustment. I'm going to call their tech line tomorrow to get some more answers. I'll let everyone know what I find out. Heres the more common and I suppose better version:

http://www.spcperformance.com/compon...AFrom&to=USATo

Old 03-30-2011, 05:56 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
You basically have 2 choices if you want anything more than minimal adjustment, SPC or SPL. Both are expensive so be ready to pay to play. I can't speak for the SPC but I have the SPL V2 and am running ~ -1.9 degrees of camber in front and I'm dropped 3". I'd say they work.

The Ichiba claim of +/- 3 degrees refers to their rear camber arms.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:49 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
The only brands I would trust are SPC, SPL and Cusco.

Search more and you will get all your questions answered

Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Johnnys_Beast_Foo
The only brands I would trust are SPC, SPL and Cusco.

Search more and you will get all your questions answered
Thanks for the input, but why do you trust these brands? Do you have any experience with them? Why would you recommended these? Don't just say you trust X brand names and leave it at that after telling me to search more? Don't you think I have already done that? Look, no offense but feedback like that is useless to me. I have searched in great detail. I have searched enough to know if you trust Cusco, then you should also trust ICHIBA since it's an identical copy of the Cusco arm. They are the same right down to the little R and L identifier stickers on each arm. After you add ICHIBA to the list of brand names you trust, search that. Actually, scratch that..... Never mind the searching, just click below.

ICHIBA Arm:
http://www.ichibausa.com/ic35g35caarm.html

Cusco Arm:
http://www.frsport.com/Cusco-Front-A...35_p_7812.html

Actually I retract my statement, they aren't the same. They both aren't blue.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I have some SPL v1 front camber arms for sale.. Let me know if you're interested!

https://g35driver.com/forums/steerin...mber-arms.html

Old 03-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by tango5o4
I have some SPL v1 front camber arms for sale.. Let me know if you're interested!

https://g35driver.com/forums/steerin...mber-arms.html
Did you have any problems with the front arms knocking sitting that low? Thanks.

Clean car BTW. I especially like the black top. I hope you are selling these because you got some new arms. I'd be a shame to see you get rid of such a nice car.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribed. Good thread Silver, I have pretty much the same questions as well. I've done quite a bit of research myself, but it just doesn't look like there is a clear answer for the fronts. I bought a used set of 350Z S tech springs that I still need to install. I decided I would go with the SPC front camber kit and Ichiba rears. I would be pissed if I installed all that stuff and learned that my front camber kit didn't offer enough adjustability to get me back in spec. So I decided it's better to be safe than sorry and spend the extra cash on the SPC kit.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Silver tiburon
Did you have any problems with the front arms knocking sitting that low? Thanks.

Clean car BTW. I especially like the black top. I hope you are selling these because you got some new arms. I'd be a shame to see you get rid of such a nice car.

No knocking what so ever.. Thanks let me know if you're interested..

Old 03-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by flyinb501
Subscribed. Good thread Silver, I have pretty much the same questions as well. I've done quite a bit of research myself, but it just doesn't look like there is a clear answer for the fronts. I bought a used set of 350Z S tech springs that I still need to install. I decided I would go with the SPC front camber kit and Ichiba rears. I would be pissed if I installed all that stuff and learned that my front camber kit didn't offer enough adjustability to get me back in spec. So I decided it's better to be safe than sorry and spend the extra cash on the SPC kit.
I know what you mean. I have some really specific questions that aren't really answered anywhere I could find. I also decided to go with the SPC kit front and rear. THMotorsports, a vendor on here, is getting me everything for $525 shipped. Than's the best deal I could find by far. As soon as I get the parts I'm going to answer all of my questions and then hopefully post the results here so others can have some answers too. I'm going to install the front arms first without the shims and see if I can get enough adjustment without them. If not, I can just throw on the shims. I'm definitely going to have to shop around for a good alignment tech. I wish I had a rack so I could just do it myself. Working in a shop did have it's advantages I suppose. Anyways, if I were you I would consider going SPC in the rear also. The price difference is minimal, and SPC offers much more tech support for their products. I chatted with one of their tech guys for a few min on the phone. He was pretty cool with answering some of my questions. Just a suggestion though. The ICHIBA rears look almost identical and offer around the same amount of adjustment from what I have read and researched.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
The Ichiba claim of +/- 3 degrees refers to their rear camber arms.
Thant answers question 3. Thank you. Do you know the specs on the front arms? According to ICHIBA's website the fronts offer +/- 3 degrees also? I was pretty confused by this, as some sources said the ICHIBA arms offered only negative camber adjustment and zero positive adjustment at all?

Old 03-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Thant answers question 3. Thank you. Do you know the specs on the front arms? According to ICHIBA's website the fronts offer +/- 3 degrees also? I was pretty confused by this, as some sources said the ICHIBA arms offered only negative camber adjustment and zero positive adjustment at all?

From what I've read many people with the ichiba arms had problems getting their cars back into factory specs.. My personal preference I would either get the spc, SPL, or the cusco arms.. Better over all quality.. But if you ask anyone on this forum it's all about personal preferences..

Old 03-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
[COLOR="Red"]The car is dropped between 1.30 - 1.10" inches
If you go with SPC, you will not need the shims (spacers) for your drop. SPC and SPL will give you good "positive" adjustment.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:38 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I don't know that but I can tell you there's no way their arms will give you a +3 degree adjustment. I have never used them and it's been so long since I researched this part of my car I don't remember much except that their positive adjustment was minimal if any. This is taken from their website

" Note

The camber arm will not adjust camber to 0 degrees due to car lowered and original factory setup data.
"

I can say I have the Ichiba rear camber arms and after 15K miles both bushings are ripped. I'll probably go with SPL to match my front A arm.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:13 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Thanks for the input, but why do you trust these brands? Do you have any experience with them? Why would you recommended these? Don't just say you trust X brand names and leave it at that after telling me to search more? Don't you think I have already done that? Look, no offense but feedback like that is useless to me. I have searched in great detail. I have searched enough to know if you trust Cusco, then you should also trust ICHIBA since it's an identical copy of the Cusco arm. They are the same right down to the little R and L identifier stickers on each arm. After you add ICHIBA to the list of brand names you trust, search that. Actually, scratch that..... Never mind the searching, just click below.

ICHIBA Arm:
http://www.ichibausa.com/ic35g35caarm.html

Cusco Arm:
http://www.frsport.com/Cusco-Front-A...35_p_7812.html

Actually I retract my statement, they aren't the same. They both aren't blue.
Just because they look the same doesn't mean the quality is. SPL, Cusco, and SPC are the "original design" camber arms. Everything else are cheap copies.

Your car is lowered X amount of inches. see what your specs are now. then you decide on what to get.

The name brand stuff DOES work as advertised.

The copies and cheap shiit doesn't. end of story.

Whatever SPC, SPL, and Cusco claims to be able to do, WILL IN FACT DO SO.

Bottom line, its going to be your preference.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [B][/B]What do you know about Front Camber Arms?