G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Infiniti tried to rip me!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti tried to rip me!!!!!!!!!!

I recently brought my 6spd coupe in because the vdc, slip, and brake lights kept coming on at the same time. The woman said she had seen this before and it was probably low on brake fluid. Anyway, she calls me back and ask if i was sitting down. This made me nervous. She continues to ask me if I drive the car hard, and yada yada yada. I told her no harder than your average driver. She tells me all the brakes on my car are shot. Front, rear, pads, rotors. Everything. Meanwhile, my car just turned 20k, and i have had manual cars all my life. I am very easy on my brakes and downshift more than the average driver. Something seems fishy. I never heard a squeal, a grind, or every experienced any braking issues at all. She tells me the 6spd brakes are not covered under warranty like the autos and my bill would be 2500! I laughed and asked to speak to the service manager at Ray Catena Infiniti. He calls me back, and says he is going to do me a personal favor and take care of everything free of charge. I said thanks, picked up my car, and it feels exactly the same. Just no lights coming on. What the hell was the deal with this? Anybody experience any premature brake wear on their 6spd coupes. Why would he give me the brakes for free? Let me know what u guys think.

Old 11-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Re: Infiniti tried to rip me!!!!!!!!!!

recent pic of car

385809-October04 002.jpg

Old 11-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Devil's Advocate

20k miles on sport brakes doesn't really seem premature to me. You have to check those bad boys regularly. The rotors are ungodly expensive. Sounds like you got off pretty lucky.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

-- Abraham Lincoln

Old 11-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome car! Caribbean Blue RULES, indeed!

2004 Coupe 6MT / Caribbean Blue / Willow / Premium / Navi / Aero Package / Aero Kit / Splash Guards / Clear Corners / July 2004 build

Old 11-14-2004, 04:15 PM
Banned

i dont see where they tried to rip you off?? you have a 6mt and you are responsible for paying for the brakes...
they were very generous in paying for your brakes.

you should have entitled this post "Infiniti Hooked Me Up!"

Old 11-14-2004, 04:40 PM
maz

BTW moderators, why the heck my nick name does not show up? Kind of annoying. can u please help out?

Old 11-14-2004, 04:42 PM

brakes are covered on the Auto's with normal brakes, but the brembo's are not covered under that warranty.

2004 E55 on 20" GFG Trento5's
2004 G35 Coupe on 20" Zenetti Deuce, Injen SES Exhaust, Injen Cold Air Intake

Trending Topics

Old 11-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member

Dude,

I just did a post around 10/29/04 about the same thing. I just had the same problem and it is a sensor. Try looking for the post, it will help you out. BTW, I have 23,000 and my brakes are just fine and I have Brembos. Also, be advised that when the lights are on your ABS, VDC do not work so bre careful.

DJ

Old 11-14-2004, 06:39 PM

INFINITI JUST HOOKED YOU UP BIG TIME??

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 11-14-2004, 06:50 PM

I find it very unlikely your brakes are worn at 20,000 miles. I just changed out the front pads on mine at 30,000 and I had 1/3 pad left. I certainly don't baby it either.

It sounds like they tried to get you to commit to the brake job for $2500 (which is absolutely ridiculous) and when you challenged them they just didn't do anything. Its relatively easy to check your pads to see if you did indeed get new ones.

DG/G 6MT coupe, Borla exhaust, Stillen intake w/Z tube, H-Tech, Hotchkis Sways, 19" TE-37's

Old 11-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

People seem confused between a Dealership and a Car Manufacturer. Many have weird ideas and expectations.

The SOLE purpose of a dealerships service department is to sell parts and to charge for installation. Nothing else!

Once they have exhausted what the manufacturer will pay for under warranty........they have no choice but to get money from you. Or a little of each along the way.

When you buy a car from a dealer sometimes it is possible [easier] to get some free [reduced price] services depending on the profit you allowed the dealer to make up front in the sale. Learn how much profit you gave them.

When you go to a different location [not where you purchased the car] there is obviously less incentive [as to getting them to share any cost]. That is between you and Infiniti [via the regional representative who must ok any warranty work out of the ordinary].

Understanding how businesses actually work will be important to your perceived owning experience.

If dealers over spend warranty money by making funky false claims, they get put on probation and have every bill audited, they can also be punished via receiving lots of purple cars [slow selling option and interior choices].

But then again the most liberal warranty reimbursement policies go to those dealerships that sell the most cars!

Old 11-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Banned

oh and btw, i got my brakes done for FREE at 9,000 miles... so yes, 20,000 miles is quite reasonable! and yes, i drive the FUKC out of the car...

Old 11-14-2004, 10:55 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

since the manager told you he'd replace everything for free and said he did, I'd spent a few $ and take your car to an independent brake place and asked them if everything is brand new....

Wanna see mine?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti tried to rip me!!!!!!!!!!