G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

5 AT owners, sometimes do u wish u had a 6mt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2004 | 12:37 PM
Re: 5 AT owners, sometimes do u wish u had a 6mt?

A guy I work with at work bought a used Corvette with an automatic. He was showing it to me in the parking lot when a super hot chick walked up and asked if it was a manual or automatic. After he said automatic she laughed at him and you could see how he felt like dirt right then.

6MT all the way baby! I've had four cars now, 3 with manuals and one with automatic, and the one I enjoyed the least by far was the one with an automatic, even though it was a great car otherwise. They're just so much fun, get better fuel economy, faster, and more exciting to drive, even in heavy traffic- heavy traffic doesn't bother me at all.

1992 Nissan 240SX- manual
1997 Nissan Maxima- automatic
1991 Nissan 300ZX- manual (still have)
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe- manual (bought 3 weeks ago)

2004 Coupe 6MT / Caribbean Blue / Willow / Premium / Navi / Aero Package / Aero Kit / Splash Guards / Clear Corners / July 2004 build

Old 11-20-2004 | 10:10 PM

I think that people read into and categorize Auto vs Stick drivers too much. If you want an Auto, get an suto, if not don't, who cares what others think. Some are too shallow to appreciate the benefits of one or the other.

2003.5 G35C 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 11-20-2004 | 10:31 PM
WRAH

That and AT used to mean slow shifts and lack of control. MM might not be the same as MT, but AT has come along way and diserves more despect.

As to the "hot chick", just drive over her....

Old 11-21-2004 | 12:41 AM

I sometimes wish I had a 6MT, but only as a second car. I get to drive my brother's manual Miata once in a while. Although I enjoy driving it very much, I don't really think I could live with one in a daily basis. That was my reasoning for getting the 5AT in the first place and I'm pretty happy with that decision. I hardly even use the MM mode in my G.

I do own a crotch rocket so I guess if I'm jonesing to shift gears, I can always ride that...in the spring and summer that is.

<font color=purple>2004 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite/Graphite 5AT</font color=purple>
Premium, Nav., 18" Wheels, Z-Xtreme Hyper Grounding Cables,
K&N filter, Clear Corners, 350Z Aluminum Pedals,
Sony Ericsson HCB-30

Old 11-22-2004 | 08:22 AM

Good thing I don't need a car to get laid...it probably goes without saying your buddy probably has "get laid" stock in his car however and his poor ego will get trampled every time someone else's car is faster ot better stick or not. Does he screw the car on to the end of his ******* to make it longer? LOL

And since no one in an AT can race or drive or is an enthusiast we will all bow down to MT drivers on 3...ready ..one...two....

NOTE TO SELF: Stop drooling at pictures of the new C6..

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Hotchkis Sways (M/M)
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 11-22-2004 | 09:13 AM
Devil's Advocate

I like my 5at just fine, it serves its purpose as my daily driver extremely well. It's comfortable and sporty which is exactly why I chose this car.

If I was that concerned about performance I would get a 6mt that would be attached to a C6.

If nothing ever ended badly, then nothing would ever end.

Old 11-22-2004 | 10:48 AM

I learnt to drive when 15 and had been driving stick since then... However now all the cars are auto... I do sometimes wish I had stick, but sometimes am reminded why I didnt buy it...

If u wont get annoyed or tired of it, go for it! But driving stick is something else, makes driving sooo much better!!!

Old 11-24-2004 | 06:28 PM
Fer

When I bought my Coupe 5AT I was fairly sure that is exactly what I was looking for in a car. I drove a stick in Europe for six years and I was slightly tired of it. After a few months of ownership, I started to wonder if I should have had bought a 6MT. I looked at the cost of trading in, and after taxes and everything, it came to over $6000. Then I thought about getting a used S2000 as a weekend driver. After deep consideration, I cut to the chase and did what I always dreamed of: got my motorcycle license and bought a sportbike for about $6000 (Yamaha FZ6). 100 hp. 0-60 3.54 sec. 1/4 11.2 sec. I know it is a totally different beast, but I found the cure to my gear shifting blues and at the same time discovered a great sport. All I can think of during the weekend is when to ride my bike. Now I look at my G35 as a very comfortable, fairly fast, and great looking transportation.

Old 12-02-2004 | 12:51 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by SixFive
Good thing I don't need a car to get laid...it probably goes without saying your buddy probably has "get laid" stock in his car however and his poor ego will get trampled every time someone else's car is faster ot better stick or not. Does he screw the car on to the end of his ******* to make it longer? LOL

And since no one in an AT can race or drive or is an enthusiast we will all bow down to MT drivers on 3...ready ..one...two....

NOTE TO SELF: Stop drooling at pictures of the new C6..

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Hotchkis Sways (M/M)
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

LOLOLOLL hahaha, so trueeeee!

Old 12-02-2004 | 12:20 PM
I drove only manuals for 25 years and decided to get an automatic this time because of my long, stop & go commute. Constantly clutching was beginning to cause chronic pain in my left knee. I've been driving the auto for over a year now, and sometimes I still miss driving a stick, but most of the time I don't. My commutes are more enjoyable and the pain in my knee went away. I took my car to a road track a couple of weeks ago & missed the manual a little on the corners, but the manumatic worked pretty well, and I had a lot of fun passing cars with manual transmissions like Mazdas, BMWs, and, yes, even Porsches.

Old 12-02-2004 | 12:33 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by Fer
When I bought my Coupe 5AT I was fairly sure that is exactly what I was looking for in a car. I drove a stick in Europe for six years and I was slightly tired of it. After a few months of ownership, I started to wonder if I should have had bought a 6MT. I looked at the cost of trading in, and after taxes and everything, it came to over $6000. Then I thought about getting a used S2000 as a weekend driver. After deep consideration, I cut to the chase and did what I always dreamed of: got my motorcycle license and bought a sportbike for about $6000 (Yamaha FZ6). 100 hp. 0-60 3.54 sec. 1/4 11.2 sec. I know it is a totally different beast, but I found the cure to my gear shifting blues and at the same time discovered a great sport. All I can think of during the weekend is when to ride my bike. Now I look at my G35 as a very comfortable, fairly fast, and great looking transportation.

Yea man, i want a bike also but it is just sooo dangerous and i get carried away, im making the smart choice by not even getting on one

Old 12-02-2004 | 11:32 PM
not really

if it were a better 6mt, I might.. I purchased before the revised mt tranny. I really didnt want the headaches. Now, if the 05 brings a better 6mt, I might look hard at trading for it.. but the lack of brembos will not help.

Old 12-03-2004 | 12:57 AM
I too wish I had bought the 6mt, regretting it everyday actually. I cured the itch to "shifting gears" by buying a bike as well, but it's definately not the same. Bikes are a different league than cars.

The thing I want to let you guys know is that you won't lose ONLY 2K trading in your 5AT for a 6MT. It won't happen, especially if you bought your car. A more realistic trade would be a 10-12k HIT. It's a lot of money, you're better of buying a 5 speed 240sx =D

Old 12-03-2004 | 01:48 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by wickedG35
I too wish I had bought the 6mt, regretting it everyday actually. I cured the itch to "shifting gears" by buying a bike as well, but it's definately not the same. Bikes are a different league than cars.

The thing I want to let you guys know is that you won't lose ONLY 2K trading in your 5AT for a 6MT. It won't happen, especially if you bought your car. A more realistic trade would be a 10-12k HIT. It's a lot of money, you're better of buying a 5 speed 240sx =D

Hey wicked your right, you might have read my whole situation with getting out of my lease into a 6spd coupe already, but here it goes again! I went in for a left over 04, they appraised my car at 22k$ and i FLIPPED, aftere they were complimenting, saying its like brand new, low mileage this and that, and i would need to drop down 4k to get out of my lease i THINK, it was prob more and 8k to get into a new coupe, your right on the money! I said for that i'll go next door and get what i really want, a new M3 sitting right there for same price haha!!

Old 12-03-2004 | 02:56 AM
Yeah, I hear ya. I bought my car so even worse. Figure 3k on the tax and licensing for the AT coupe that you won't get back. Another 5k for the cars depreciation. Then add another 2k for the 03' AT - 05' MT difference. Add another 3k for the tax and licensing on the new car. And even better, new payments starting from scratch again and...

you're up to 10k + more money you'll probably get a$$-rammed with from the stealership... sigh

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5 AT owners, sometimes do u wish u had a 6mt?