G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

5 AT owners, sometimes do u wish u had a 6mt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2004 | 02:56 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by wickedG35
Yeah, I hear ya. I bought my car so even worse. Figure 3k on the tax and licensing for the AT coupe that you won't get back. Another 5k for the cars depreciation. Then add another 2k for the 03' AT - 05' MT difference. Add another 3k for the tax and licensing on the new car. And even better, new payments starting from scratch again and...

you're up to 10k + more money you'll probably get a$$-rammed with from the stealership... sigh

I feel you man, so here it is, in all seriousness! My technicican at Infiniti who worked on my car today, my friend who i was with knew him and he said right now i wanna take over your lease cause i mentioned i was trying to get out, he was ready to sign and drive mine away then it hit me, what in the hell do i want as another car, 6spd coupe? My god i love it but its nothing really different from mine, i eat coupes and numerous cars up (With a lot of work done and everythign retightened today and worked on in my car) HAHA it felt brand new today and i was like ahhhh, this car is so quick, went out with mad people tonight, and you know the rest! Anyway my question is, do i get my love, an M3, My second love an Evo MR (Turbo AHhhhhh) or G35coupe?!?!??!!

Old 12-04-2004 | 03:37 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Marty, you might have seen this but check out this thread
Bottom line is, whatever you get, you'll get tired of it one day. Cars will never be fast enough to make us happy, no matter if it's a G or a M3 or whatever. I was shocked too to see the thread in the link and the first thing that passed through my mind was 'has this guy lost his mind to say he's tired of my dream car?'

But you know what? It's not only a matter of speed or image, etc. Right now I get to choose between a 6MT Coupe and a used M3. I'd pick the G anyday, even though Germany is a religion in my family and we've had 3 bimmers. I know that by doing so I'll save myself a fortune on maintenance and GAS (oh yeah!), I won't have to worry about getting a daily driver and I know for a fact that with the G I'll be a safer driver I'm in love with the G and have always been, plus the 6MT will make me happier than a 0-60 in the 4s (well, true you can have both with the M3!). But with you the case is different because you basically have the same car already with just the body and the transmission being different (like you said, yours is faster than a stock coupe anyway). The only thing I could advise you to do is have someone kindly let you drive their manual coupe for a day or two so that you can get some sort of feeling of *ownership* and not just a casual spin. Also, SPEND LESS TIME on this message board! It's contagious. I bet you didn't think about this when you were getting your G, otherwise you would have gotten a coupe from the start. Then decide if you really want the coupe just because you've been around so many of them, or because it will really make you happy. Just an idea

Old 12-04-2004 | 04:06 AM
|
Head 'n Shoulders
Yea im really torn between if it is worth it or not. I anticipate moving to LA next yr for college, so im thinking my 5AT will be just fine. It kinda just sucks when all my friends have MTs!! As i have been thinking, the difference between a 6MT and a 5AT is very small. Both cars run similar times (AT lags maybe .2-.3 sec-not bad). I guess ill just wait for the '07 GTR to come out!!! Oh god how sweet that will be. But **** i forgot i probably cant even afford that thing if it does come out. Hmmmm maybe ill lay low for a little while when the 05 hype dies down and maybe ill find a good deal on a barely used one or something....

Old 12-04-2004 | 05:56 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Marty, you might have seen this but check out this thread
Bottom line is, whatever you get, you'll get tired of it one day. Cars will never be fast enough to make us happy, no matter if it's a G or a M3 or whatever. I was shocked too to see the thread in the link and the first thing that passed through my mind was 'has this guy lost his mind to say he's tired of my dream car?'

But you know what? It's not only a matter of speed or image, etc. Right now I get to choose between a 6MT Coupe and a used M3. I'd pick the G anyday, even though Germany is a religion in my family and we've had 3 bimmers. I know that by doing so I'll save myself a fortune on maintenance and GAS (oh yeah!), I won't have to worry about getting a daily driver and I know for a fact that with the G I'll be a safer driver I'm in love with the G and have always been, plus the 6MT will make me happier than a 0-60 in the 4s (well, true you can have both with the M3!). But with you the case is different because you basically have the same car already with just the body and the transmission being different (like you said, yours is faster than a stock coupe anyway). The only thing I could advise you to do is have someone kindly let you drive their manual coupe for a day or two so that you can get some sort of feeling of *ownership* and not just a casual spin. Also, SPEND LESS TIME on this message board! It's contagious. I bet you didn't think about this when you were getting your G, otherwise you would have gotten a coupe from the start. Then decide if you really want the coupe just because you've been around so many of them, or because it will really make you happy. Just an idea

"maybe it's cuz I live in CA but it seems like every modded M3 looks the same short of a few minor changes....hahahah

1) Engine power is pretty much the same output from when you bought it

2) Body mods are the same

Anyone else feel this way?"

That's exactly how i feel about the G35 coupe, ive seend modded ones but unless u go FI with a huge front mount EVERYONE looks the same?!?! That's why i love the uniqueness of my sedan! Well my friend has a 6spd, i drove it when he got it as much as he did because believe it or not, i taught him how to drive it LOLLLLLLLLLL, im good at manual, and ive had my G for over a year, background check for a sec! Ive had what this car has to offer, ive been in a heavily modded (Bolt on) like mine but coupe yesterday, and it was FASTTT, but driving it is totally different, its fast but nothing different really..
I know your right i'll get bored of w/e, thats why i wanted a turbo car now, alot more to offer!