G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dash trim piece around clock / Radio and climate controls inop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Dash trim piece around clock / Radio and climate controls inop

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I wanted to share a bit of information so it would be searchable in the archives in case anyone else needs the information. I had the problem with the stereo where the dash controls for the radio and climate control stop working. I sent the radio only (not the audio finisher board with all the buttons on it!!!!) off to Factory Car Stereo Repair Inc. to be repaired. Their turnaround time was excellent! They received it on a Friday morning and I received a phone call around noon the same day letting me know it was fixed. It was little pricey for a repair that didn't take any longer than that, but I suppose you're paying for expertise with a repair like this and they're pretty efficient at fixing them. It was $345 for the repair and it came with a one year warranty. I believe they put a new cd changer in there for that price as well, so it should be completely sorted out and give trouble free service for a long time. I put the radio back in and everything works like new again so I'm happy with the repair. I have heard that some infiniti dealers will replace the audio finisher board as part of the fix, but based on talking with the shop that fixed mine, it is almost always a problem in the radio itself and not the audio finisher board.

When I was taking the dash apart (there's good instructions on the web and a few videos on youtube that show how everything comes apart), I of course broke the trim piece around the clock and the climate control display. I was worried that it might be expensive to replace, but I called a dealer in Houston and was quoted something like $107 to replace it. I searched online and came across Sewell Infiniti's parts website and figured out that with the discount you get for putting in your g35driver user id, the part was only like $65. Josh in the parts department was super helpful as I originally had a part number for the black trim piece which wouldn't have matched my car. Anyways, the part numbers for this piece are 68247AM602 for the beige (I think they called it Willow in 2003) interior cars and 68247AM601 for the black interior cars.

I have no affiliation with any of the vendors listed, I just wanted to post this up so if anyone else has similar problems, they would find the information when they search the archives.

Cheers,

Alan

The following 3 users liked this post by osuav8r:
jdub16 (06-30-2011), Jestered (09-16-2011), ThatOneDude (09-16-2011)
Old 06-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great find, thanks for the post. Ordered mine today.

The following users liked this post:
Jestered (09-16-2011)
Old 06-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to be able to help ya'll out! If you need anything else I'll hook you up. We appreciate the business

Old 07-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Will be calling Josh tomorrow to place an order. Nice find!

Old 07-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Josh is easy going and very friendly. Just place an order for my set-up.

Thanks Josh,

Old 07-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Thanks for the information Alan....
Gary

Old 09-16-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm gonna call Josh today to get me one of these.

Do any of you that bought this trim piece know if it comes with the connector board on the back that has the security light? I actually don't need the trim piece, but when I was connecting the wiring harness back to the security light, the board holding the LED broke in two. I actually only need that part, but I've been told I have to get the whole trim piece to get that tiny part on the back.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jestered
I'm gonna call Josh today to get me one of these.

Do any of you that bought this trim piece know if it comes with the connector board on the back that has the security light? I actually don't need the trim piece, but when I was connecting the wiring harness back to the security light, the board holding the LED broke in two. I actually only need that part, but I've been told I have to get the whole trim piece to get that tiny part on the back.

It does come with the light and the circuit board. I broke the circuit board on mine when I was taking it off also, so it was a concern of mine too. Another suggestion for you guys taking your dash apart.........go to harbor freight tools and buy their 5 piece auto trim removal tool set. It was like 5 bucks and you can grab the trim in the corners where it's the strongest to pull it out without breaking it.

The following users liked this post:
Jestered (09-16-2011)
Old 09-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by osuav8r
It does come with the light and the circuit board. I broke the circuit board on mine when I was taking it off also, so it was a concern of mine too. Another suggestion for you guys taking your dash apart.........go to harbor freight tools and buy their 5 piece auto trim removal tool set. It was like 5 bucks and you can grab the trim in the corners where it's the strongest to pull it out without breaking it.

Thanks! I just ordered it through Josh at Sewell. Everyone is spot on about how friendly Josh is. I'll be going to him with any other parts I may need in the future.