G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Airbag light flashing after recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Airbag light flashing after recall

So, my car was part of the recall last year about the seat airbags. I went to the dealer and they did whatever. That was August 2010 I think.

Well now my airbag light is flashing. Do you guys think I can have them look into it and see if it is the airbag recall issue still? Or will they charge me a diagnostics fee?

I searched these forums for this issue, but all the posts were before the recall, and the posts didn't have any good conclusion other than going to the stealership.

Thanks

Old 06-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
I had my airbag recall done last year too. I airbag light started to flash on me about a month ago. Turned out it was my drivers side airbag module that went bad. But yeah I wouldn't see why they wouldn't look at it. They might charge a fee. Also now that your airbag light went off your whole airbag system is down so if you get hit your airbags wont deploy from what I was told at the dealer.get it checked ASAP!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Say you had the recall procedure done last year, and you think it might be related to the fix. Some dealers aren't as money hungry as others.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by surma884
So, my car was part of the recall last year about the seat airbags. I went to the dealer and they did whatever. That was August 2010 I think.

Well now my airbag light is flashing. Do you guys think I can have them look into it and see if it is the airbag recall issue still? Or will they charge me a diagnostics fee?

I searched these forums for this issue, but all the posts were before the recall, and the posts didn't have any good conclusion other than going to the stealership.

Thanks
same thing happened to me, took it back to the stealer, and of course the module really went bad, and it would cost $1800 to fix... Is that a coincidence or what? For 1800, I'll take my chances through the windshield..

Old 06-20-2011, 03:51 PM
This is bull$h!t. I'm starting to get annoyed by Infiniti/Nissan. We've had mulitple $2k issues now on our Maxima and G35. Here in NC I have to get my car inspected every year. I'll probably just do the reset to see if the light goes away and then get my inspection done. If I can just buy the brand new module and install it myself, it won't be a big deal for me. Maybe I'll try that route. First I'll try to get AutoZone to pull the codes.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Take it back in I had the recall work done as well, and the issue re-surfaced, what had happened is it turned out they used the wrong repair harness so the original fix wasn't permanent.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by Fadil13
same thing happened to me, took it back to the stealer, and of course the module really went bad, and it would cost $1800 to fix... Is that a coincidence or what? For 1800, I'll take my chances through the windshield..
lol funny

Old 06-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
you know what, I got the recall notice too. rather than to take it in for them to put a bug in my car, I never went.

and my lights are a-ok!

(crossing fingers)

Maybe they did bug you guys rides...

Old 06-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
mine only flashes randomly and they didnt want to fix mine and im still under normal factory warranty til july 28th.. dealership n tallahassee maybe goin outta business or something.. they cant even order parts for u.. i had to drive 3 extra hrs to jacksonville for a wheel bearing fix and of course my airbag light wasnt flashing then and no codes..

Old 06-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
^ Same thing with mine, I noticed it was on last night and now I have service engine soon but no airbag light..

Old 06-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
My light flashed about a month ago, and I hate traveling to the dealer so I reset it. It was fine for a while started flashing again last week, i did another reset and it began flashing again on Monday. Finally caved in and brang it in to the dealer. They gave me a loaner and sent me on my way since it was late. They called me today and told me that its something on the driver side(not sure if its the airbag or the sensor), but that the part is on backorder, they need to order it from overseas and they cant give me a actual date when they'll get it. So right now i'm in a 09 loaner. Dude asked me if I wanted to pick my car up, or stay in the loaner. Why would you put someone into a car with a faulty airbag system?

Old 06-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
the recall doesnt change/add/modify any harness. it simply consists of relocating the connector and putting some gel epoxy in where the terminals snap in the backside of the connectors to keep them from moving. if your light came on some time AFTER the recall and it was done properly *which is hard NOT to do* then you have other issues...and that wont be warrantied.....unless you're still under the factory warranty. otherwise, have money ready or get an extended warranty.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I had the same issue

I too have been through this with a 2004 g35 sedan and ACTUALLY went to the dealership. I had the recall completed in November 2010 and afterwards the airbag light would come on. So I did a reset and it came back on a week later. Finally I was able to get in to the Infiniti dealership near my work and they had to replace the Passenger side airbag module they claimed. It took about 2 weeks to get the part in and have it replaced. It cost me $750 and that was with what they claimed was a discount. I finally pick up my car and not 3 days later the light comes on AGAIN!!! So I called again, made an appointment and took the car back in. THIS time they tell me it's the driver's side airbag and want another $750 to replace the module. I told them forget it that I'd just deal with it. They reset it and it was fine for a good 6 months. Now lately the airbag light has come on and after doing the key reset I've always managed to get it turned off. Now this morning the light came on and I can't get it to turn off at all with the key reset. I'm so fed up with this car. I was actually considering purchasing another Infiniti b/c I had been so happy with this one up until that dang recall. Ever since that recall it's been CONSTANT airbag problems. I swear up and down that this recall is what is causing all of these airbag light problems. B/c not once before the recall was completed did I ever have a problem with the airbag. Totally ridiculous! I don't know what to do at this point. It's exhausting trying to keep up with the maintenance on this car. It's had the radio replaced, the airbag(s) problem, a sensor went out causing the car to literally shut off on a highway going 60 mph almost causing an accident, the calipers on my brakes have been sticking, something on my control arm(s) were replaced, the passenger side seat will freeze up and not allow the seat to move, the clock light and seat heater lights come on and go off at random times, I can continue to go on. Some things have been replaced under my warranty, however that is no longer in place and I have to pay everything out of pocket at this point. I've been in loaners or driven my other car that has 211,000 miles on it with no problems more than I've driven this actual car with less miles. I've owned numerous Ford's throughout my life and decided to take a chance with Infiniti from the good reviews I had read. It's been nothing but regret at this point and I'm ready to just get rid of this car. If anyone else has had any luck with getting these things taken care of correctly without costing an arm and a leg please let me know. Thanks!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ty going to a Nissan dealer instead. Our G's are basically a 350Z with a back seat. Per hr rate is also lower.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by rimshaker
Say you had the recall procedure done last year, and you think it might be related to the fix. Some dealers aren't as money hungry as others.
Well yea........but most stealerships are! Take it back telling them you never had an issue until you had the recall done....might work.
Gary