G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New member from Saint Louis

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member from Saint Louis

Just checking in... I found this site after seeing a CB Coupe here in town and now I'm hooked on the G. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] I've got to get one!!! But after seeing all of the members rides here, I am even more confused on what color I would want, and the options.[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] You guys and gals have some great looking cars! Now again for the color.....????? I am so confused. (sigh)

I've been reading this forum for about the past week, sometimes being up as late as 2:00am [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] and depriving myself of sleep, but I am really enjoying learning more about these awesome looking cars. I am surprised that there are so many younger guys (30 and under) that are able to own a G, but more power to them if they can.

I am married and have 3 boys and should get the Sedan for family reasons, but I can't talk myself out of the coupe. It just looks so much better in my opinion. (No offense here sedan owners) I recently changed jobs and it will take me a little while to build up the commissions to acceptable levels, but I will own a G sooner or later.

I just want to thank everyone for contributing and helping each other out. It is nice to know that you can come here and ask questions, learn, and share a common passion.

John - GatewayG

Old 04-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Re: New member from Saint Louis

Welcome Bro! Nice to have ya here! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi

Old 04-22-2003, 01:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about the lost sleep, if you stay on this board you'll have to get used to it!! He He. I think since this is my first sports car (I'm 26) I had to do it in Laser Red. I think everyone needs red sports car when they are young, unfortunately the State Police don't agree, heh. Good luck and don't worry every color looks good when it's a "G". [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 04-22-2003, 09:57 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Originally posted by Bengoshi...
Don't forget there's another forum at Freshalloy.com that might be a useful source of info.

<hr></blockquote>

Yeah that is just what I need.... another forum to surf while I should be sleeping! [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm glad that the back seat only holds two, another excuse to take the mini van when the kids are with us. That way they can trash the van and not my car! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] LOL

John

Old 04-22-2003, 10:30 AM

I think it's easier nowadays to get nice cars for younger people. With good credit you can get anything.

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad you love the "G". Have you test driven one yet? You'll be more hooked on it after that.

G35C Desert Platinum/Willow Leather 5AT Aero Pack Premium Pack

Old 04-22-2003, 11:13 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

welcome to the forum,
ah yes, the age-question.... most of us here are under 30 because the majority of people under 30 tend to be somewhat computer/internet literate, whereas people over 30 tend to be less involved with computers (statistically speaking)
I know that there are at least 5 people on here that are 50+ years old, so dont feel too bad [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 04-22-2003, 01:48 PM

Originally posted by RamboRami...
I know that there are at least 5 people on here that are 50+ years old, so dont feel too bad

<hr></blockquote>

I don't feel bad, just a little surprised. I am sure that you are correct in saying that statistically speaking the younger generation is more computer/internet savy. Back in my youth [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] if you wanted a "HOT" car, you were looking at American muscle cars... Camaro, Firebird, Mustang, GTO, etc. and if you were lucky enough maybe a Corvette. Of course, the import market wasn't nearly as strong back then as it is today.

BTW - I'm only 36, computer savy (enough to turn it on and surf anyway [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) because I use one so much for work!

John

Old 04-23-2003, 12:47 PM

Welcome to the board! I, too was "caught" the first time I saw a Gcpe....bought one a week later.....I love it! In fact, I was also attracted to the Fx45...so....I bought it too.....I am poor, but enjoy both cars........Good luck on getting yours (Coupe)

Old 04-23-2003, 12:49 PM

Welcome to the board! I, too was "caught" the first time I saw a Gcpe....bought one a week later.....I love it! In fact, I was also attracted to the Fx45...so....I bought it too.....I am poor, but enjoy both cars........Good luck on getting yours (Coupe)
I am in St.Louis, as well, hope to see you on the road!

Old 04-23-2003, 02:07 PM

Did you buy from Bommarito or Plaza?

I am poor, but enjoy both cars........

<hr></blockquote>If you weren't before buying both, you are now. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] Are you leasing or did you buy outright?

John

Old 04-23-2003, 03:36 PM

Bommarito...bought G35...leased Fx45......