G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Window auto-adjust Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 01:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Window auto-adjust Problem

I just noticed that my driver side power window is acting up. When I open the door, the window used to lower itself about an inch to avoid hitting the side roof panel when I shut it. But now this auto-adjusting feature is only going down about a quarter inch and is almost hitting the side roof panel when I close it. Once open I can manually push the window down to the level it used to go down to. The passenger window is working fine... Anyone have this issue?

My gf recently left the headlights on and drained the battery. I think this window problem happened after the battery drain. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The following users liked this post:
tygastyle80 (07-09-2011)
Old 07-09-2011, 03:31 PM
hmmm.. so I need to take apart the door. But will a reset solve this issue? The window works fine otherwise...

Old 07-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Mine has always dropped about a 1/4 of an inch even when i did the reset with a new motor.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:47 PM
I drove half an hour to a dealership to get this thing fixed and they took a look and told me it was "working properly" despite the fact that it was barely moving down when the door was opened. I said eff that, came home, and took the damn door apart myself. After I got to the window motor, it was getting mad dark outside and i couldnt see **** so I fiddled around with the window controls a little bit, didnt even do the reset and put everything back together again. All of a sudden it's working properly now. Sometimes you gotta take matters into your own hands.

A word of caution to anyone trying to DIY this procedure... Taking everything apart aint too bad, but putting it back together is a real bitch and a half. Mounting the motor and the pulley system back onto the metal frame was a friggin nightmare. The DIY should really mention that....

Old 07-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by tygastyle80
I drove half an hour to a dealership to get this thing fixed and they took a look and told me it was "working properly" despite the fact that it was barely moving down when the door was opened. I said eff that, came home, and took the damn door apart myself. After I got to the window motor, it was getting mad dark outside and i couldnt see **** so I fiddled around with the window controls a little bit, didnt even do the reset and put everything back together again. All of a sudden it's working properly now. Sometimes you gotta take matters into your own hands.

A word of caution to anyone trying to DIY this procedure... Taking everything apart aint too bad, but putting it back together is a real bitch and a half. Mounting the motor and the pulley system back onto the metal frame was a friggin nightmare. The DIY should really mention that....
For future reference for myself, after removing the door panel, you have to remove the motor/regulator mounting plate to get to the reset switch? I thought it was just removing the door panel and it would be right there?

Old 07-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by AuAltima3.5
For future reference for myself, after removing the door panel, you have to remove the motor/regulator mounting plate to get to the reset switch? I thought it was just removing the door panel and it would be right there?
After removing the door panel, you can access the reset switch if you remove one of the stickers on the metal frame. I figured this out AFTER the entire door was dissected.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by tygastyle80
After removing the door panel, you can access the reset switch if you remove one of the stickers on the metal frame. I figured this out AFTER the entire door was dissected.
Yeah, I just figured that out too. I just reset mine.

All that damn Jinglish, I was holding the reset the reset button on the way up and was like "WTF!". Figure out you only hold it on the down. Then just roll up and viola.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by Phonggggg
Just saw this link but don't know if this is what I need to do. I just installed a new window motor and it's not going up quite far enough, I'm getting wind noise and it's maybe an 1/8" lower than the other window when "fully closed." Will this window reset procedure fix that or do I have another problem? Other than not going up high enough it's working just fine, auto up and down are good and it does come down when I open the door but it's almost necessary, I don't think it would hit the body the way it currently is. I'm confused, any help would be greatly appreciated!