G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Big dog fit in the coupe??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big dog fit in the coupe??

First timer here!

I'm selling my truck and looking at getting a smaller car, possibly an 03/04 coupe. My one major issue is, will a French Mastiff fit in the car? I'm hoping to hear from owners with 100+ lb dogs because I need to know the facts, not opinions. I can't find a dealership that is ok with Barkley jumping into their clean car on the lot, and with the way he drools, it's understandable.

My guess is I would need to build up both back seats with towels or similar to make the seat even to where he could comfortably lay down. Hows the front seat on a quick trip to Dog Beach or the Vet?

Thank you in advance for any input!!

Attached Thumbnails Big dog fit in the coupe??-img_2108.jpg  
Old 09-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i go with no honestly man, the back seat isnt that big of an area and i figure that whn you dog stands on all four he is pretty tall....i dont think it will be comfortable for him to get in and out....hell 100+ lb people have trouble getting out of the back of my car.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea Barkley should be able to fit just fine in the backseats but he will more than likely need the whole backseat haha. My dog a pit is 85-90 pounds and he fits back there or in the front seat with his head out the window. The only trouble you may have is getting him to fit through the space between the front seat and the back.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by leoverte
i go with no honestly man, the back seat isnt that big of an area and i figure that whn you dog stands on all four he is pretty tall....i dont think it will be comfortable for him to get in and out....hell 100+ lb people have trouble getting out of the back of my car.
That post was pretty much zero help. This is why I asked for the FACTS, not an opinion. This is a serious purchase for me and because I take my dog everywhere with me, I can't take it lightly.

Originally Posted by PhilsG420
Yea Barkley should be able to fit just fine in the backseats but he will more than likely need the whole backseat haha. My dog a pit is 85-90 pounds and he fits back there or in the front seat with his head out the window. The only trouble you may have is getting him to fit through the space between the front seat and the back.
Thank you PhilsG420!

He honestly isn't much bigger than a Pit, a little taller and a little thicker. How well does yours fit in the front? B is so used to sticking his head out of the window in the back seat of my truck I know he would dig being in the front. There looked like there was enough room to fold the passenger seat up so he could hop in the back, but again, nobody is willing to let me try. I figure he'll probably take up more than just one portion of the back seat and want to lay down in the back on longer trips and that back seat would be perfect if it wasn't split like they are. Does building each portion up with towels/blankets seem like the most logical choice to even out the entire backseat? He has a hammock that I use in the back seat to keep him off the fabric.

I guess I should ask for pics from anyone that might have their dog in their coupe to show me.

I know I can do the logical thing and buy a sedan, but come on, what fun is that?!

Old 09-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Old 09-05-2011, 02:47 PM
^^^ ohhh god noo... that almost makes me not want to put my dog in the g no more.. ewww.. lol..

My dog Benz is a 85-90# pit as well and fits luvly. He likes the front seat more though luvs his head out the window.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW

Talk about baaaad timing. Chance you take when you leave your dog unattended....no matter what you're driving.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by G35Rob305
My dog Benz is a 85-90# pit as well and fits luvly. He likes the front seat more though luvs his head out the window.
You wouldn't happen to have any pictures to show how well he fits, would you?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DogueParamour
That post was pretty much zero help. This is why I asked for the FACTS, not an opinion. This is a serious purchase for me and because I take my dog everywhere with me, I can't take it lightly.

Thank you PhilsG420!

He honestly isn't much bigger than a Pit, a little taller and a little thicker. How well does yours fit in the front? B is so used to sticking his head out of the window in the back seat of my truck I know he would dig being in the front. There looked like there was enough room to fold the passenger seat up so he could hop in the back, but again, nobody is willing to let me try. I figure he'll probably take up more than just one portion of the back seat and want to lay down in the back on longer trips and that back seat would be perfect if it wasn't split like they are. Does building each portion up with towels/blankets seem like the most logical choice to even out the entire backseat? He has a hammock that I use in the back seat to keep him off the fabric.

I guess I should ask for pics from anyone that might have their dog in their coupe to show me.

I know I can do the logical thing and buy a sedan, but come on, what fun is that?!
My dog has to sit on his a** in front he can't lay down comfortably. As for building up the rear to make him comfortable I would just throw a super thick blanket down or something but he should fit no problem as long as he isn't standing.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Never took pics.. lol I guess when I get some time I could throw him in there for a photoshoot.. lol

Old 09-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
There so much room in the front seat if u move it all the way back.. are you kidding he would fit no problem for sure. I put my friends german shepard about 110 pounds no problems what so ever.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh! but make sure u put something down so he doesnt rip the interior.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Your dog will def not feel comfortable in the G. I had a 106lb German shepherd and he could not even sit properly in my coupe. I would always get bed sheets and put it every where in the car because he would go back and forth to get comfortable and mess up the seats. If you can take out the middle part in the back seat of the coupe then your all set.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
My german shep has sat in the front seat before but she is only like 65 lbs.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Fresh Azmiz
Your dog will def not feel comfortable in the G. I had a 106lb German shepherd and he could not even sit properly in my coupe. I would always get bed sheets and put it every where in the car because he would go back and forth to get comfortable and mess up the seats. If you can take out the middle part in the back seat of the coupe then your all set.
That's what I was most worried about...that middle section. Is it removable or is it attached to the backseat itself? I'm not so much worried about him sitting up front for short trips, it's more the two hr drives I want him to be able to lay comfortably in the backseat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Big dog fit in the coupe??