G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Break-In Practices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Break-In Practices

Yea boy..hot diggity dawg...I tell ya yer ma and her cousin bocefus be spoonin all dayh long...till grandmamy came home and then jumped in trailer park menage twa style...then we had us a shotgun weddin...right in the middle of the trailer park.

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 04-29-2003, 02:17 PM

COUPEDIT03,
If you want to be a fool, be my guest... but let's be clear about one thing: If you lead even one poster astray, if anyone is foolish enough to listen to you (admittedly, that would be one seriously stupid person), you'll end up with a vendetta against you.

What people willing to go against the break-in suggestions don't realize is that if the rings don't seat properly, it doesn't necessarily mean the engine is going to go south right away. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Nissan's engineers helped determine the warranty period on the engines, figuring major problems will set in AFTER the warranty period for those ignorant enough to beat on the engine from day one.

As for "MOTOMORONS" (good call, FastBlack), they're completely full of it. The pictures shown on that page are totally faked - the one piston has never seen actual run time in an engine, I can guarantee that. It's brand new. You show me a piston that has absolutely no carbon, no discoloration, no wear, and I'll show you the box it came in. Any piston, in any engine, no matter how it's broken in, will have signs of use - if it doesn't, IT HASN'T BEEN USED!

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 04-29-2003, 03:38 PM

WHO THE F**K ARE YOU? DONT STEP UP AND TRY TO THREATEN ME....YOU DONT KNOW ME....AND THE LAST THING I NEED IS A FUC*IN ONLINE HARD-*** TO COME STEP TO ME.

Old 04-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's the threat? I didn't see any threats. Calm down, and turn off your caps lock.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-29-2003, 04:14 PM

Obviously, I'm someone who knows something about engines. Equally obviously, you're someone who doesn't know a thing about engines.

Clear enough for ya? Any further help I can provide, feel free to ask...

Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 04-29-2003, 05:19 PM

Your right...I dont know jack [censored] about engines....I just like to have fun in my coupe...thats all...now if you would have read the post from the beginning you would have read that I did follow the manual for break in procedures...however this was thread was the bring to g drivers attention the motomechanic guy and his findings.Not to lead anyone astray. Now as for you Conquie...dont get lippy with me...Online Hardasses = Small Penises.... thats that...maybe you should be driving a Murcielago instead of a G just to help compensate playa...

Vendetta my *** ****..!

Old 04-29-2003, 07:49 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

WHO THE F**K ARE YOU? DONT STEP UP AND TRY TO THREATEN ME....YOU DONT KNOW ME....AND THE LAST THING I NEED IS A FUC*IN ONLINE HARD-*** TO COME STEP TO ME........Online Hardasses = Small Penises....

<hr></blockquote>Haha what a moron. I'm pretty sure the last time I heard a joke like that one I was in middle school. Are you sure you're old enough to even be driving?
BTW, I hope you realize the problem here. Yea, he is definitely the one acting like the hardass.

2003 G35 Coupe
Black, Willow, 6spd, Aero, Prem
On the way...due in April...hurry!! [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2003, 08:36 PM

BTW rwjcp721, your dealer called. Your coupe has been sold from underneath you, they wanted an individual that wasn't ignorant to buy it.

Sorry.

Old 04-30-2003, 11:51 AM

Let's go over a few things so it's crystal clear...
Some selected quotes from our resident "genius":

1st post of thread: "I am a firm believer in driving a car the way your gonna drive it from the first day you get it..." "So The way ive done all my cars is "Drive It Like Ya Stole It" from the first day to the last"

3 posts later:
"I broke in my car according to the manual."

A few posts further down:
"I just like to go against the norm!"

And yet another:
"I still say drive it hard...It makes it more fun.... haha......I mean how long is the powertrain warranty on this mean beast?"

And one more:
"however this was thread was the bring to g drivers attention the motomechanic guy and his findings.Not to lead anyone astray."

I can't say I've read every single word in the driver's manual, but I'm guessing that there isn't anything in there that says the break-in procedure is to "drive the car like you stole it from day one". And since you didn't mention the MOTOMORONS until just a few replies ago, I doubt the sincerity of your noble goal to "enlighten the masses". So coupedit03, you're one of two things: A lying sack of doggie-doo, or a back-pedaling, spineless toad that feels compelled to follow the consensus opinion of a thread. In either case, not someone who's word is worth squat.

Understand something - I have not threatened you, nor is it my habit to threaten people I don't even know online. I see no point in it. However, there are lots of different kinds of people in this world - and among the 6 billion of them, there's bound to be one both stupid enough to heed your recommendation to beat on the engine from day one, and motivated enough to hunt you down once his engine goes south. I am not that person - my post was again, not a threat, but merely a suggestion that you consider the consequences of shooting your fool mouth off (or for that matter, talking out both sides of it).

The difference between us (besides 100 IQ points) is that my opinions are consistent. I will stick to my guns, and say what I mean, and what I believe, no matter what. Your posts quoted above make it perfectly clear that you do not hold to the same standard of integrity - and further, when confronted with this simple truth, you're the one that resorts to name-calling and threats.

Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 04-30-2003, 01:41 PM

Well put together...I applaud that. But ARE YOU [censored] KIDDING ME?...Who does that? Who goes through all the trouble of compiling a quote log of someone elses posts? You must have a lot of free time on your hands bub...You must not be gettin any huh...Ill stick to my guns and says this for the second time around....GET A [censored] MURCIELAGO TO HELP COMPENSATE FOR THE SMALL ***** SIZE MOTHER****ER... Hows that for sticking to my [censored] guns? Is everything Crystal Clear now Biatch?

"Dont start none, won't be none"<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gordgee on 05/01/03 04:44 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-30-2003, 01:46 PM

Hahahahaha seriously, can you please tell me how old you are coupedit03?

2003 G35 Coupe

Old 04-30-2003, 01:55 PM

Whose your daddy?

Old 04-30-2003, 02:06 PM

Haha did you mean "who's"? You must be even younger than I thought...have you finished grammar school yet?

And BTW, I forgot to mention earlier that I talked to my dealer yesterday and they told me my coupe will be delivered with the next order, which is ~May 10. But hey, good call though on "your coupe got sold out from under you." That was a nice attempt at an insult coupedit03. If you have any other intelligent thoughts you want to run by me, let me know smart guy.

2003 G35 Coupe

Old 04-30-2003, 02:57 PM

wow, the inteligence is astounding!

Dan O

Old 04-30-2003, 05:08 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

OK, i've had the car for 2 days, 200 miles driven, now...
why is it so hard to follow the "normal break-in" procedure?
I cant seem to ease off the gas
It is so soft, just screams out "Pressssss meeee, Pressssssss Meeeeeee" and so i press the gas!
this is gonna be sooooo hard for me....im used to driving cars with 125hp

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Break-In Practices