G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Key and FOB got STOLEN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Good deal! That actually makes sense, and a new key cylinder would definitely not be necessary, the only reason I recommended it was because I thought that the old key might still work in the cylinder...but if reprogramming a new transponder makes the stolen key invalid..that is a much easier solution. Having two keys is not a big deal as most of us never use the key to open the door anyway. Glad everything got squared away with the G. And yes, the door escutcheon looks super clean.

Originally Posted by LiquidREVUP
thanks everyone for the responses. I'm getting a new key cylinder for the driverside door, and my old key and fob reprogrammed, its currently at the dealer right now getting done

I'm going to be left with 2 different keys though (1 new one for the door and the old reprogrammed one for the ignition), but the key and fob that the thieves have won't work anymore, they won't be able to get through the door, and even if they do, they can't start the car... changing out the ignition key cylinder is out of my pocket range right now.

I'm also going to take your guys' suggestion and get the keyhole cover, it looks cleaner too!

Old 12-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Did you lose your house keys too?? If that's the case, I'd change your home door locks first before anything to ensure the protection of my loved ones. Cars are replaceable but intrusion to your home can be MUCH worse than having your car stolen.

GL w/ everything.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by threatcon07
Good deal! That actually makes sense, and a new key cylinder would definitely not be necessary, the only reason I recommended it was because I thought that the old key might still work in the cylinder...but if reprogramming a new transponder makes the stolen key invalid..that is a much easier solution. Having two keys is not a big deal as most of us never use the key to open the door anyway. Glad everything got squared away with the G. And yes, the door escutcheon looks super clean.
well he should still need a new door key cylinder, you can still use non-transponder equipped keys(correct cut of course) to open your doors. its all mechanical... but as for the ignition, he's gunna need his key fobs replaced(which he can do himself, theres a DIY on here somewhere, plz dont pay lol). the only thing he may need the dealer for is to reporgram a new transponder key, unless he can find a mobile vendor thats cheaper.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I know he would need a new door cylinder, I was talking about the ignition cylinder bro. Transponder has nothing to do w/ the door cylinder, obviously. Also, ignition has nothing to do with the fob, that is for keyless entry.

Originally Posted by Trickstyle
well he should still need a new door key cylinder, you can still use non-transponder equipped keys(correct cut of course) to open your doors. its all mechanical... but as for the ignition, he's gunna need his key fobs replaced(which he can do himself, theres a DIY on here somewhere, plz dont pay lol). the only thing he may need the dealer for is to reporgram a new transponder key, unless he can find a mobile vendor thats cheaper.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by threatcon07
I know he would need a new door cylinder, I was talking about the ignition cylinder bro. Transponder has nothing to do w/ the door cylinder, obviously. Also, ignition has nothing to do with the fob, that is for keyless entry.
yeh

The following users liked this post:
threatcon07 (12-20-2011)