Old 12-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Three words: Optimum No Rinse.
Agreed!!

http://www.detailedimage.com/Optimum...-P444/32oz-S1/

Old 12-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Couple things about this optimum no rise stuff... after looking at some videos online, some questions have arose.

Will washing my car with this cause swirl marks or anything considering you only use one bucket (from what I saw in the vids) and the same sponge/cloth?

Is this a good alternative to a hand car wash? or are there more benefits to hand car washing than using ONR or do you yield about the same result

Old 12-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Step 1: Insert your Grit Guard insert to the bottom of your bucket
Step 2: Fill your bucket with 3 to 4 gallons of warm water
Step 3: Pour in 1 oz of Optimum No Rinse per 2 gallons of water in your bucket
Step 4: Soak your wash media in the water and ONR solution
Step 5: Wash the surface using little to no added pressure and allow the ONR to lift contamination off of the surface
Step 6: Rinse your wash medium and glide it across the Grit Guard insert to help release as much contamination as possible
Step 7: Repeat steps 4 - 6 until your entire vehicle has been washed
Step 8: Blot dry using waffle weave drying towels
Step 9: Follow up with your choice of quick detailer and a plush microfiber towel to ensure no streaking or water is left behind

This is how I use it and love it!

info from http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-De...-Drying/#setup

Old 12-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
If you don't have a pressure washer there are other methods I use. I take my soap/water bucket and fill it with hot water from the sink and add the soap. I then take it outside and rinse the car, agitate the dirt with the sponge and then rinse. Basically the same method you use during the summer but with steaming hot water because it cools off so quickly. But with this method you still get an icy driveway unless you pull it into the yard and walk through the snow. I also have a soft brush on a pole but it doesn't hold suds the way a nice sponge does.

I hate winter.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Blacklite
Couple things about this optimum no rise stuff... after looking at some videos online, some questions have arose.

Will washing my car with this cause swirl marks or anything considering you only use one bucket (from what I saw in the vids) and the same sponge/cloth?

Is this a good alternative to a hand car wash? or are there more benefits to hand car washing than using ONR or do you yield about the same result
No, as long as you take proper care in ONR use, meaning not rubbing big dirt particles around. That's why there's the traditional coin op prewash.

ONR hasn't replaced my traditional 2 mitt, 2 bucket washing but when you need a wash done quick or when it's freezing outside, it's excellent.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisMan255
Step 1: Insert your Grit Guard insert to the bottom of your bucket
Step 2: Fill your bucket with 3 to 4 gallons of warm water
Step 3: Pour in 1 oz of Optimum No Rinse per 2 gallons of water in your bucket
Step 4: Soak your wash media in the water and ONR solution
Step 5: Wash the surface using little to no added pressure and allow the ONR to lift contamination off of the surface
Step 6: Rinse your wash medium and glide it across the Grit Guard insert to help release as much contamination as possible
Step 7: Repeat steps 4 - 6 until your entire vehicle has been washed
Step 8: Blot dry using waffle weave drying towels
Step 9: Follow up with your choice of quick detailer and a plush microfiber towel to ensure no streaking or water is left behind

This is how I use it and love it!

info from http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-De...-Drying/#setup
Sorry I've gotten back so late but I have a couple questions. When you're rinsing the wash media in the same bucket as where you're getting the ONR solution, after a few rinses, aren't you essentially taking the washing media out of dirty bucket?

And also, with the drying, should I dry off by section that I wash with the ONR, or should I do the whole car, then dry?

Old 01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I've learned from the past few weeks that there's no point in washing the car during the winter. The water either freezes on and it looks stupid anyway or you drive 1/4 mile down the road and it's covered in salt and mud like before.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by snowtrax
I've learned from the past few weeks that there's no point in washing the car during the winter. The water either freezes on and it looks stupid anyway or you drive 1/4 mile down the road and it's covered in salt and mud like before.
Thankfully in my area it still hasn't gotten to the point where washing in the winter is useless. Plus, I like my car to look boss for those friday nights out.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Blacklite
Sorry I've gotten back so late but I have a couple questions. When you're rinsing the wash media in the same bucket as where you're getting the ONR solution, after a few rinses, aren't you essentially taking the washing media out of dirty bucket?

And also, with the drying, should I dry off by section that I wash with the ONR, or should I do the whole car, then dry?
You can use 2 buckets. One with ONR, one just for rinsing. Make sure you squeeze as much water out as you can before you put it back into the wash bucket for the least contamination.

Water doesn't tend to dry off too quickly when it's cold outside and I do 1/4 of the car before I dry it.