G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

auto innovatio paddle shifters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
auto innovatio paddle shifters

I searched for a while, and I found threads on these, but i never found any threads of people who actually had installed and reviewed them.

So have any of you guys installed these? I've seen some threads about the works bell kit, but they sit a bit low for my liking. The auto innovatio seem to sit just right, but there aren't many pictures of them installed on their website.

When i get back into the states, i'm doing the trangso upgrade, tune, and i want to do the paddle shifters, but i'm not 100% sold on them yet.

thanks in advance!

Old 02-19-2012, 06:21 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I had a bad experience with Auto Innovate when I was looking for PS for my sedan. Communication was terrible, they wouldn't answer my questions and sometimes took a week to respond to my communication. I definitely wouldn't buy anything from them, didn't inspire a lot of confidence in me that they cared about my business.

The following 2 users liked this post by Blue Dream:
hamzafraj (02-21-2012), JJSOLON (03-26-2012)
Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I had a bad experience with Auto Innovate when I was looking for PS for my sedan. Communication was terrible, they wouldn't answer my questions and sometimes took a week to respond to my communication. I definitely wouldn't buy anything from them, didn't inspire a lot of confidence in me that they cared about my business.
did you ever get a PS kit? did you go with the works bell?

I saw a review / DIY of a guy who had installed the works bell in his coupe, but the paddles sat so low that at a 9-3 position he was changing gear with his pinkies... i don't want them that low.. he had said in the thread that they're adjustable height wise, but if you raise them any more than he had, it would get in the way of the turn signal and wiper stalks.. but the auto innovatio don't seem to do that in the video i watched with it.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:35 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
No I didn't. The WB don't work on the power adjustable steering column which is why I was looking at other options. I know DaveB installed the WB on his sedan and loves them. Not sure about the coupe though.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
actually auto innovatio has gotten better at their US customer service department, they where working on making it a better a little while ago, and i did have a slow reply to my email but they where quite helpful when they did respond, sending me what i asked for which was all the information they had for their st-800. They sent me all the install info, users guide and basically all written information about their product in .PDF format which was nice.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
I am sure it has gotton better. they are fun to use.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 AM
I really want to pull the trigger on these in april, but i don't want to end up with crapola.. no one thats actually used these?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
somebody's gotta be the first one with them, might as well be you

Old 02-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Originally Posted by SDGenius
somebody's gotta be the first one with them, might as well be you
bah, well. i guess i might as well. i'll have em in sometime around mid april.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I will be anxiously awaiting your install and review. Please take pictures especially of the 18 pin connector that you must tap into on the G. I attempted in an earlier thread to find out where that connector is located but, received no help. On the Auto Innovatio site they show the install on a Z car. If you do a search there have been a couple of threads about the keyless go buttons and the general concenses was a quality product and good support from the company. Now don't let us down. I have factory installed paddle shifters on my Mercedes and they are really fun to use. With a transgo valve body mod or if you want to go cheaper a Sprint Booster (which I have installed on my G) MT drivers will be hard pressed to match your shifting speed.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

I had a bad experience with auto innovatio. I have ordered something from them in august 2011 and I havent got it yet. Communication is absent; they are literally ignoring my email. False promises to refund my money back and expedite the shipment was just talk. I wouldn't recommend doing business with them

The following 2 users liked this post by hamzafraj:
Blue Dream (02-22-2012), JJSOLON (03-26-2012)
Old 03-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a bad experience with auto innovatio. I have ordered something from them in august 2011 and I havent got it yet. Communication is absent; they are literally ignoring my email. False promises to refund my money back and expedite the shipment was just talk. I wouldn't recommend doing business with them
DO NOT BUY from Auto Innovatio (Dowontech-USA). I paid them over $2k USD in Feb 2012 for a shipment of their ST800 smart start for my business but they've stopped responding to my emails since I sent the money.

Secondly, their "vice president" Sean Kirkland has resigned so there is no way to find them in the states. The guy in charge of Auto Innovatio is a korean guy named Jeremy Yong in S. Korea. I've been trying to get some kind of response from them but so far nothing. It seems like Yong is using Auto Innovatio's website as a scam channel to take in people's money and then he will disappear.

hamzafraj, can you contact me through email at sales (at) rpmelectronics.com ? I think there are more of us out there who has been screwed over by this company and we should all put in the effort to bring him down so he can't continue this.

The following users liked this post:
JJSOLON (03-26-2012)
Old 03-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I dealt with Yong at auto innovatio from Korea and received my ST800 alarm system just fine...he answered my emails promptly. This was a couple of months ago, and a lot of people have dealt with him and gotten their parts with no problems whatsoever. Auto Innovatio has dealers in the US so you should speak to whoever you got the product from if you have any issues. I am not trying to discredit anyone who has had issues with them, but I am telling everyone about my personal experience dealing with Yong, along with several people I know. As far as the paddle shifters, they had to redesign them and the new ones are going to be released shortly. I would love to have paddle shifters but I'm not going to use the Works Bell as they sit super low. The Auto Innovatio kit definitely looks solid, modeled after the OEM shifters on the v36. I really wish there was someone who knew how to retrofit the V36 kit onto our cars. Nothing like OEM quality.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm604
DO NOT BUY from Auto Innovatio (Dowontech-USA). I paid them over $2k USD in Feb 2012 for a shipment of their ST800 smart start for my business but they've stopped responding to my emails since I sent the money.

Secondly, their "vice president" Sean Kirkland has resigned so there is no way to find them in the states. The guy in charge of Auto Innovatio is a korean guy named Jeremy Yong in S. Korea. I've been trying to get some kind of response from them but so far nothing. It seems like Yong is using Auto Innovatio's website as a scam channel to take in people's money and then he will disappear.

hamzafraj, can you contact me through email at sales (at) rpmelectronics.com ? I think there are more of us out there who has been screwed over by this company and we should all put in the effort to bring him down so he can't continue this.
umm what did u buy from them for 2k?

Old 03-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
threatcon07 - exactly, I did my research on this company before buying. All positive reviews and comments online... never knew he would just take my money and not deliver. If you look at their website, there is no contact number. The rep in the states can't help me as he said he reports to Yong and I must deal with him directly.

Majiks - I bought a bunch of ST800 for my business. I run a car electronics business in vancouver, canada.

As far as I can see, I'm not getting the products nor my money back so I just want others to know about this before purchasing from Auto innovatio. They may have been good before, but not so much now. What really pissed me off was Yong responded emails lightning fast when I was inquiring about the purchase. After I sent him money, he no longer responds.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: auto innovatio paddle shifters