G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

The saga continues...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The saga continues...

Ok so as some of you may recall I've been doing alot of complaining in the past months lol
Just a recap
Bought 04 g coupe 6mt 78k in September
Soon after blown piston ring/ replace motor with used motor with 7k. Clutch flywheel replaced
3 weeks later headgasket leak. Shop quoted 1900 found a forum member who specializes in these motors to do wrk for 850
Recently got car back

First I have to say that in the regional section I found a member named Ed who was absolutely awesome dealing with and any thing that needs tending to I will def take my car back to him no questions. He's located in Cheshire ct and I would highly recommend him to anybody local.
Anywho, I got the car back and it drove beautifully like it has never had since I've owned it. However when I finally got off the highway (about an hour drive) I took the car out of gear and coasted to the stop sign. While coasting there was an extremely loud what I believe to be knocking sound that was loud sounded as if coming from the engine bay but so hard that I felt it throughout the car. But it was only present then with the car out of gear and not while driving. But I could notice it slightly the rest of the ride home but once again only when not accelerating. Also haven't really hear it sense but haven't driven but maybe twice around town shortly. I did check the oil and I would say its about a quart and a half low but no leaks anywhere that visible and nothing strange out of my exhaust. I have been searching like crazy and came a cross some people saying that bad cats or clogged could cause a knocking sound. And I would assume that having oil and coolant flowing through my exhaust that it's pretty possible they're clogged. So pretty stumped for now. Fml again I'm terrified to drive my car

Also one last note that while Ed was working on my car he noted that there was a bracket still bolted to my car that is usually accosiated with a turbotetnics single turbo kit which explains my first engines failure. Makes me even more mad that I was never informed the car was once fi'd

Sorry for the long read

Old 03-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Received 172 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by blackout2277
Ok so as some of you may recall I've been doing alot of complaining in the past months lol
Just a recap
Bought 04 g coupe 6mt 78k in September
Soon after blown piston ring/ replace motor with used motor with 7k. Clutch flywheel replaced
3 weeks later headgasket leak. Shop quoted 1900 found a forum member who specializes in these motors to do wrk for 850
Recently got car back

First I have to say that in the regional section I found a member named Ed who was absolutely awesome dealing with and any thing that needs tending to I will def take my car back to him no questions. He's located in Cheshire ct and I would highly recommend him to anybody local.
Anywho, I got the car back and it drove beautifully like it has never had since I've owned it. However when I finally got off the highway (about an hour drive) I took the car out of gear and coasted to the stop sign. While coasting there was an extremely loud what I believe to be knocking sound that was loud sounded as if coming from the engine bay but so hard that I felt it throughout the car. But it was only present then with the car out of gear and not while driving. But I could notice it slightly the rest of the ride home but once again only when not accelerating. Also haven't really hear it sense but haven't driven but maybe twice around town shortly. I did check the oil and I would say its about a quart and a half low but no leaks anywhere that visible and nothing strange out of my exhaust. I have been searching like crazy and came a cross some people saying that bad cats or clogged could cause a knocking sound. And I would assume that having oil and coolant flowing through my exhaust that it's pretty possible they're clogged. So pretty stumped for now. Fml again I'm terrified to drive my car

Also one last note that while Ed was working on my car he noted that there was a bracket still bolted to my car that is usually accosiated with a turbotetnics single turbo kit which explains my first engines failure. Makes me even more mad that I was never informed the car was once fi'd

Sorry for the long read
since we know the background of the last motor how about the motor you got that was at 7k? was it boosted?

Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Not that I know of. It was from an auto recycling yard in Canada from a sedan. Looked minty fresh when arrived besides there were somehow holes in the upper oil pan like something impacted it. But we just swapped mine over to it. I covered in an old thread titled "fml" about what happened to my warranty with the newer motor. Long story short Long time friend of the family dissapeared with my car and the motor until I was able to recover a few days before warranty was up.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
In what part of the country are you? Just wondering if Ed is in the East coast.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by DKano
In what part of the country are you? Just wondering if Ed is in the East coast.
He's in connecticut

Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
does ed work out of a shop, or do you have a number that i could reach him at i live in CT. sorry to hear about your car bro. Trust me before my g, i had an EVO 8 that every time i stepped it my heart would drop in fear of having anything blow or mess up like it always did i know the feeling of being scared to drive your car it sucks

Old 03-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by Infity020710
does ed work out of a shop, or do you have a number that i could reach him at i live in CT. sorry to hear about your car bro. Trust me before my g, i had an EVO 8 that every time i stepped it my heart would drop in fear of having anything blow or mess up like it always did i know the feeling of being scared to drive your car it sucks
Ed doesn't work out of a shop but is in the process of opening one this year. He works out of his garage for now. And if that bothers you don't have any concerns and you will see what I mean when you see it. And who his email is adnangha38@yahoo.com tell him Lenny referred you. Honestly I will never go anywhere else for any g35 related work.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that. I always like to get my car checked like at a few garages, dealers before buying. Just cause buying cars that could be boosted, etc.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by nanotech
Wow, sorry to hear that. I always like to get my car checked like at a few garages, dealers before buying. Just cause buying cars that could be boosted, etc.
Yeah I hear ya. Part of the problem was that when I was looking at it it was the week before leaving for vacation so I was kinda in a rush and it was the best proliced one I could find at the time. So whatever he did to make the car run good for a few days to hide the problem worked. I checked the car out for hours, drove it for a long time let it sit checked all fluids looked for leaks even smell the exhaust and there was nothing until the day after I purchased