G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

getting ripped by scammer on this site , help ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
This was a strange way to go about getting help or advice. You came in here pleading your case as a veritable plebe with 40 posts and no itrader (2) weighing in against a guy with more itrader reputation than you have posts.

As I said before- I was dubious that someone would put that at risk over 150 bucks.I maintain my stance.

My biggest issue is that you no sooner come in here asking for advice or maybe even empathy- and when things don't go your way you start a literary joust with a number of heavies. Not a strategy that works well in here.

As a member of the community you approached, we are in a difficult position... it's your word against his- whether you like it or not- in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king and right now sweetness is the man with the biggest eye. You not only have no eyes, but you appear to have a big mouth and no ears. The odds are against you.

OP- I've read all your posts and to be quite honest as an outsider my thoughts are that you fold up your tents and delete this thread to preserve both reputations over something that is really no matter for a community to be judge and jury. To be polite about it, you're making yourself look like something of a fool over this in the shadow of a guy who has the benefit of experience behind him.You're talking to a bunch of guys who have unloaded thousands and thousands of dollars to make their G unique. 150 bucks is barely worth a snooze nevermind a full out call to arms.

You've come in here expecting that we'll "take your word for it" because you can slam someone for his spelling- when in fact all you've done is come in here to pontificate on the virtues of trust while providing absolutely nothing to the community to support you. A guy recruits a reputation over 40 sales in a community already suspicious from the shenanigans of a former vendor in driver- he's earned some level of trust. You have earned nothing. Nada... Zilch (did I spell that correctly?).

To be quite frank with you what odds I held in your favour have since been revoked. Do yourself a favour and make this thread disappear.

The following users liked this post:
.cakestar (05-22-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
^^^ +1,000,000

And lol

Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
^^lol ditto. good post as well as metaphors

also, in my personal opinion when you decide to sell something it is 100% the sellers responsibility to get the product to the buyer and if there is a problem with shipment the seller takes FULL responsibility. ive sold some jl amps for like 800$ and i always make sure to get signature confirmation of the delivery even if the buyer asks for no signature confirmation.

If the buyer is to open up any type of dispute you are covered. Also if you are shipping something as big as cats you should just ship it UPS as it is cheaper and the tracking is way more detailed. If the buyer stops payment through a credit card the seller is SOL so you have to completely cover yourself and make sure the parts arrive.

Last edited by .cakestar; 05-22-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
This was a strange way to go about getting help or advice. You came in here pleading your case as a veritable plebe with 40 posts and no itrader (2) weighing in against a guy with more itrader reputation than you have posts.

As I said before- I was dubious that someone would put that at risk over 150 bucks.I maintain my stance.

My biggest issue is that you no sooner come in here asking for advice or maybe even empathy- and when things don't go your way you start a literary joust with a number of heavies. Not a strategy that works well in here.

As a member of the community you approached, we are in a difficult position... it's your word against his- whether you like it or not- in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king and right now sweetness is the man with the biggest eye. You not only have no eyes, but you appear to have a big mouth and no ears. The odds are against you.

OP- I've read all your posts and to be quite honest as an outsider my thoughts are that you fold up your tents and delete this thread to preserve both reputations over something that is really no matter for a community to be judge and jury. To be polite about it, you're making yourself look like something of a fool over this in the shadow of a guy who has the benefit of experience behind him.You're talking to a bunch of guys who have unloaded thousands and thousands of dollars to make their G unique. 150 bucks is barely worth a snooze nevermind a full out call to arms.

You've come in here expecting that we'll "take your word for it" because you can slam someone for his spelling- when in fact all you've done is come in here to pontificate on the virtues of trust while providing absolutely nothing to the community to support you. A guy recruits a reputation over 40 sales in a community already suspicious from the shenanigans of a former vendor in driver- he's earned some level of trust. You have earned nothing. Nada... Zilch (did I spell that correctly?).

To be quite frank with you what odds I held in your favour have since been revoked. Do yourself a favour and make this thread disappear.
my point exactly , its his word against mine , and regardless of you saying i have nothing in my corner , at the end of the day , sweetness has "i dont have it" versus me having a receipt of shipment.
you can speak all day about itrader rating and posts , only in the minds of the weak would post count and itrader rating make one guy more believable in a dispute situation , when the only reason he has more itrader than me is because he has been a member for longer and he has more posts than i do because he has been a member for longer and because i dont stay on this forum all damn day trying to get my post count up . numbers on a damn forum dont mean anything . lets take the engineers that crafted the veyron and sign em on up for a G driver account , give them a few posts , few itraders , and then a problem starts with jonny jones down the street thats had his G for a couple of years and he has 5,000 posts and 500 itraders . does this make him more believable ? shouldnt . does it make him more reputable ? only to you guys . does it make him more experienced ? HELL NO .
but sure as the day is long , the bugatti engineer would get flamed and claimed to be less experienced simply because his opposing side has more internet penile points than him .
not saying in any way that i am an engineer , but the point remains , i have been in the car business and modifying world for a long time now , and i am well beyond experienced , and i can tell you FROM EXPERIENCE - just because someone comes home from work every day of their life and sits down in their dungeons and dragons lair with G driver in one hand and a plate full of bagel bites in the other and posts all night doesnt make them more experienced or knowledgeable than the next man .
i dont need to earn anything from people that look at a number on a computer screen to evaluate a person's experience , morale , intelligence , or the contingency of an event that they werent even involved in.
its hilarious how you guys all think that i want all the folks to "see it my way" when the only thing you and the others going against me have done is try to convince me to SEE IT YOUR WAY.
quit riding my dick tracy, boy . (did i get the name of that movie right?)

Originally Posted by TheJanitor6203
^^^ +1,000,000

And lol
i see you made it back from your rosetta stone lesson .

Last edited by jdmgodzilla; 05-23-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by AmateuRN
https://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-...e-scammer.html

And I wanna say that I remember something else about sweetness from way way back a few months ago that someone posted about.

At any rate... hope it all works out.
Truth...
I don't know if sweetness is a scammer or not. Don't really care. He's done a lot of business on here. Shady maybe but doesn't really come off as a scammer. Hope everything works out for you two.

Last edited by G35 Dream; 05-23-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:23 AM
Eno
Holy 4ck- and you come in here looking for answers from us bunch-a heathenesque retards? We must be so fortunate to have you here among us.

Well good luck with your "hundart fiddy buck."

You're the idiot in the pickle- not us. So just keep that in mind next time you want to stand back and laugh at how stupid you think WE are.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:12 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
**** im not reading 4 pages....

but i have bought and sold way more than what my itrader says (dang ppl not understanding how to use itrader, diff story).
anywaysss, couple of times USPS lost the packages or showed wrong tracking info on their website, like its being shipped to a diff city or its already delivered etc.. I went to the USPS center I mailed from, showed the receipt. They opened an investigation, but before they could finish their investigation, the buyer eventually got the item (a week later in both cases).

So, the lesson to take away is...
1) Both buyer and seller need to be a little patient, before opening a case against the other in paypal.
2) Both need to exchange their cell ph nbrs and keep the communication open and expect for the best.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
i have a st supra , fully built n/a G track monster and a turbo 350z . built not bought .
Pics or it didn't happen.

I like how your killing it with my misspelled word, classic!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by jdmgodzilla
My point exactly. It's his word against mine, and regardless of you saying I have nothing in my corner, at the end of the day, Sweetness claims "I don't have it" versus me having a receipt of shipment.

I see you made it back from your Rosetta Stone lesson.
Corrections are in bold. That's the two beginning sentences and the last one. Imagine if I'd gone through the whole thing.

Before you try to defend yourself by calling others on their spelling and diction, you better make sure that you're toeing the line.

Last edited by c_morse; 05-23-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
You can speak all day about itrader ratings and posts. Only in the minds of the weak would a post count and/or itrader rating make one user more believable in a dispute situation, especially when the only reason said user has a higher itrader rating than the other user is because he/she has been a member for longer and has more posts than i do. (I omitted this chunk of writing because it was repetitive and unneeded) I personally don't stay on this forum all damn day trying to add to my post count.
I went ahead and tackled the next sentence in your response for fun. Needless to say, you're the last person on this forum that needs to be correcting others on spelling and diction.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
i dont need to earn anything from people that look at a number on a computer screen to evaluate a person's experience , morale , intelligence , or the contingency of an event that they werent even involved in.
Its called experience....... The I-trader feature isn't perfect but its there for a reason.

Bottom line, the proper measures weren't taken by you to alleviate the possibility of a scam.

Last edited by herrschaft; 05-23-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
here are some of op's email messages to me:

"so are you going to take my money or what"

"you have it too and you should have done that yourself in the first place . now either give me my money or i will take further measures that go a couple blocks past the post office son ."

"have it your way . my associates in five points will be consulting you and your girlfriend . good luck ."

just for reference: five points in denver, co is the equivalent of harlem, ny or compton, ca

Old 05-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Eno
Wow... classy. If a buddy asked me to go change a guy's oil over this kind of **** I'd bury him. Just what you need on top of all the real nonsense in your life is some gutless rodent enlisting your services over 150 dollar transaction that he 4cked up in the first place.

Can you imagine for one second what kind of snivelling, cowardly sycophant you'd need to be to do something like that? To write about it- and above everything else EMAIL a guy over it after he got owned in the forums. It's comical.

Anyway- keep us posted on further goings on.