G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

getting ripped by scammer on this site , help ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
getting ripped by scammer on this site , help ?

so i sold a set of catalytic converters to g35sweetness and he claims he never received them yet i sent him photographic proof that i sent them to him , and now he is filing a claim on paypal and getting the parts and his money back . this is a common scam . people are no longer honest any more over the web , they just realize that it becomes a he said she said issue and now im out double time . im not sure how to get this resolved , i came here for G35 knowledge and commerce , not losing 150 dollars

Old 05-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
when u send something u have to make sure they sign for it. so the shipping company has some proof that the customer received the package. but as for ur current situation that sucks.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
sorry to hear but +1 on sending something with required signature.i personally wont buy anything from someone with no itrader

Old 05-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Did you file a claim with the company that shipped them?

Old 05-16-2012, 12:18 PM
no i havent yet but it may be a good idea, i cant believe this guy is trying to rip me like that

Old 05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You'll have a chance to give PayPal your side of the argument before they do anything. If you have photo evidence that you sent the cats, that will be helpful. If you still have the receipt from when you shipped them, I would definitely send that over to PayPal as well.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:08 PM
i already did , thats the whole thing . for some reason , they are saying that the receipt is not good enough, the lady i spoke to basically told me that the seller has no protection and the buyer has all of it and that unfortunately its a flawed system . i sent g35sweetness a picture of the receipt and that should have been enough, and although i confidently feel i am getting scammed because i think he actually knew that the paypal protection was on his side and knew that the photo proof wasnt enough then filed a claim after seeing the receipt knowing he would win the dispute over some bs technicality and steal my hard earned money, even in the super unlikely event that the postal service didnt deliver the package(because thats not what business they are in or anything, of course-___-) then he should take it up with THEM . we had a business deal , we transacted , i showed proof of shipment , that is where the seller/buyer element comes to an end . if there was a SHIPPING problem , he should take it up with the SHIPPING COMPANY , and bother them with a negative paypal balance , not me. but again, i dont believe this to be a mistake , i feel strongly that i am getting scammed . any moderators around that can make something happen around here on this site ? every member of this site should be protected from fraud like this , i need some help .

Old 05-16-2012, 01:09 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
i can confirm that he isn't a scammer..he buys cats from everyone on here and he purchased mine as well...no issues i can report ever happening

The following users liked this post:
gshadyz (05-19-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Without delivery confirmation, a signature or insurance it's going to be hard to win a shipping dispute. The postal service does lose packages all the time. Eventually they usually either find their way to the buyer or the seller.

How long has it been?

The following 4 users liked this post by ericnjttz:
boostedforlife (05-17-2012), chink-ah-saur (05-17-2012), c_morse (05-16-2012), syshs (05-23-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 01:28 PM
well at this point i dont care how many cats he buys he is ripping me , if he is NOT trying to rip me he needs to DROP the dispute and take it up with usps . this isnt an acceptable situation , i have bills to pay and this is taking money out of my pocket .

@eric , i was thinking about that as well, but it has been a while - which is another reason i think its a scam because no matter what, at the end of the day, no postal man under the horizon is going to drive into a barren desert and drop it off right ? it is most definitely in the possession of a postal worker/facility , or if it was delivered somewhere it was definitely delivered to an address , both of which he should take it up with them. if there was a mistake, its either at: a) a shipping facility b) a wrong address c) the correct address

a and b situation would have already sent the package back to me if that was the case

c situation he. is. scamming.

im pretty sure im not crazy

Last edited by jdmgodzilla; 05-16-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
Unfortunately there's not much that can be done for you. This is something you're going to have to chock up as a costly lesson learned. You should at minimum always add delivery confirmation or tracking to a package, and signature confirmation is a good step too. Without tracking info, PayPal won't side with you... even if they did, if he funded with a credit card all he has to do is file a chargeback and your funds are getting frozen by PayPal for 3 months until the card issuer makes their determination. PayPal does mostly side with the buyer so you need to insure you cover your own ***.

Personally, I don't believe for a second that this dude is scamming you. Packages do get lost, and sometimes it takes a while for them to find their way to either the receiving party or the party that originally shipped.

I once had a label get lost off a package and it ended up with the company who'd originally sent me the box with a UPS label on it! Luckily they contacted me and helped me out.

Please keep in mind that g35sweetness has a 100% positive iTrader score with 43 transactions under his belt. Pretty hard to accuse an individual of scamming who's had such a flawless history on this site.

The following 2 users liked this post by c_morse:
Ejoe19 (05-17-2012), JaE35 (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Just strange that someone with good history here would sway so quickly to such drastic action. One way or the other I suppose if you chinced on shipping and didn't insure it- if he didn't get the parts he should get his money back. If he scammed you then that's a whole other issue.

Why throw a reputation away for 150 bucks? I mean really?

But at the same time- last time I lost a shipment was from Statik performance on this site. He sent, never arrived. We waited awhile because I figured it was held up at the border- but after I think it was a month Statik refunded my money without any questions asked and pursued the shipper (insured shipment).

I guess the message here is twofold. 1)Statik is a great vendor to deal with- props to them and 2)insure your shipments in case the other guy isn't in fact out to screw you.

JaE35 (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Did you ship via USPS or UPS? Regardless, find you receipt and file a claim. If you lost your receipt, your SOL and he will get his money back. Your issue isn't with the buyer it is with the carrier, until you can prove otherwise.

JaE35 (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've done a decent amount of buying and selling online, and from personal experience, whenever a package was lost, I as the seller always took responsibility to deal with the shipping company. I look at it this way; as a buyer, you pay the seller for an item, and expect to get that item, no questions asked. If someone wants to sell something online, it's their responsibility to make sure the item gets to the buyer. Whether that's through delivery confirmation, insurance, requiring a signature, whatever, but it's not right to tell the buyer to deal with the shipping company IMO.

Not speculating here on lost package vs. scam, just providing first hand experience regarding lost packages.

Last edited by Th611; 05-16-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:46 PM
not when the guy refuses to help with any of the shipping costs. i have the item , HE wants it . my responsibility was sufficed when i held up my end of the deal and shipped it and showed proof of it .
F the noise , i didnt send a package weighing the correct weight to be cats to his street , city and state (clearly shown on the receipt) for fun , he needs to drop the dispute. period . and wait for the package to make its way to him or back to me and i will resend them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: getting ripped by scammer on this site , help ?