G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

iSimple Installation thread?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSimple Installation thread?

I tried looking all over the forums, but I can't seem to find it. My iSimple gateway kit just came in today and I was wondering if any of you could point me in the way of a installation thread with pictures. If it doesn't exist then my apologies

Old 06-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by Blacklite
I tried looking all over the forums, but I can't seem to find it. My iSimple gateway kit just came in today and I was wondering if any of you could point me in the way of a installation thread with pictures. If it doesn't exist then my apologies
Are we supposed to know what a iSimple gateway kit is? Call the company and ask, "Why didn't you include install instructions?" Maybe they can post them for you....
Gary

Old 06-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
I'm interested how well that works...are you doing the Bluetooth install with it as well? I saw this online and I'm tempted to try it. Report back once it's in and let us know how the sound quality is etc.

BTW...I found this install vid on youtube. Hope it helps you out.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by That's G
I'm interested how well that works...are you doing the Bluetooth install with it as well? I saw this online and I'm tempted to try it. Report back once it's in and let us know how the sound quality is etc.

BTW...I found this install vid on youtube. Hope it helps you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYQRm...feature=relmfu
Thanks. Just got done installing it and so far so happy. It sounds great and it's just like a stock aux unit. I didn't do anything extra other than the aux/ipod intergration. No sat, or bluetooth so can't help you there. I think it's worth it, and if you do decide to buy it buy it from amazon. Cheapest place I found it.
Amazon Amazon

Old 06-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Blacklite
Thanks. Just got done installing it and so far so happy. It sounds great and it's just like a stock aux unit. I didn't do anything extra other than the aux/ipod intergration. No sat, or bluetooth so can't help you there. I think it's worth it, and if you do decide to buy it buy it from amazon. Cheapest place I found it. http://www.amazon.com/PAC-ISNI571-iP...isimple+nissan
Is there any way you can post up a video in this thread so we can hear the sound quality? It seems like a good idea, but I've been reading a lot of people b****ing about the sound being super quiet. How are the controls? That seems to be the next biggest concern. I've read it's kinda tricky.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Is there any way you can post up a video in this thread so we can hear the sound quality? It seems like a good idea, but I've been reading a lot of people b****ing about the sound being super quiet. How are the controls? That seems to be the next biggest concern. I've read it's kinda tricky.
I'll try and put up the video tonight or tomorrow. I personally think it sounds the best out of all the possible ways our stereo can sound (cd, radio, etc). I will admit though that using aux is the best way to get the best sound. If you use the iPod function (steering wheel control, which does work) I believe you lose some sound. All in all I think it's a good product and it does what it says very well. Next step is to just get better speakers to get a much better sound. Our speakers are kinda shitty.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I think the average sound is due to the HU more than anything. I've read of people installing double dins and bringing the speakers to life.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:54 PM
I think the average sound is due to the HU more than anything. I've read of people installing double dins and bringing the speakers to life.
Might be. I don't want to go through the trouble of installing a DD because all I really needed was iPod intergration which I got with the iSimple. For nav i just use Waze on my iPhone which is awesome.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sound quality is decent. There are settings for mic volume, music volume, and phone volume. I had the iSimple Gateway and bluetooth in my vehicle for about a year. Both units come with user instructions. It's slightly tricky at first until you get a hang of how to browse through its options. I use to stream music via bluetooth. Swapped out to a DD last month. Sound quality is no comparison. DD is the way to go, but iSimple stuff is a decent fill in until you want to do the DD swap.