G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

White Smoke from Exhaust only when I punch it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I getting it into the dealership tomorrow morning ill see what they say.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:46 PM
So just an upate I have notice some decrease of fluid in my overflow tank. I double checked my oil on the dip stick but it does still look clean like new oil. I don't see any stains or leaks on the ground under the car. But I have noticed that when I go to start the car now theirs a slight boggle and its a weird lightly longer hold of the key to get it to start any ideas???

Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM
so for an update the dealer did a compression test, a leak down and check for any mixtures of coolant and oil and said everything is perfect. They told me there is no problem with the head gasket.

now they are saying that they think im getting to much fuel from the injectors. But they said they need 3 extra hours of diagnostics since they are saying that my BCM might be bad.
The only reason I dont think I have a faulty BCM is because all my instruments in the car, radio, lights, door, windows, sunroof work with no problems, i even tried the BCM control feature that comes with the uprev cable. plus i dont know why they would put the BCM and injectors in the same sentence at the dealer since this is the Body control module.

So i called Infiniti in the another city since there is only one infiniti dealer where im living. i talked to their master mech and he told me not to listen to them when they are saying the BCM is faulty. i asked him about teh possibility of having a faulty/dirty MAF sensor. And he said that thats most likely the issue therefor it sending a bad signal to the pushing out to much fuel. he said the has never had a infiniti at the dealer with faulty BCM or bad injectors.

stupid stealership wanting 3 more hours of diagnostics. BS!!!!!
I am calling them tomorrow morning and telling them i want to know the codes that they are supposedly pulling and that i want them to check the MAF.

My only question is if I had a dirty but fully working MAF would i be getting a engine light. Because i had nothing and I was not pulling any codes with the Uprev Cable

Last edited by G35thrilla; 08-21-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
y did my post become ur post?

Old 08-21-2012, 09:02 PM
jk bro. thats fuuny u say that cuz that sounds like my story except the part about the injectors. so far i haven't gotten an update on my car. its been 7 days so they better be doing something good to it. Hopefully a new engine lol. Ill let u know as soon and they tell me what they found. maybe ull get an idea on what it can be.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Hahahah ya I'm telling them tomorrow and ill have an update

Old 08-22-2012, 10:23 AM
so i talked to the dealership this morning, they are saying that they are getting a code with the ECM, and that they are also seeing oil residue on the spark plugs. i had my valve covers changed by them maybe 3 months ago because there was oil pooling up.

any ideas??

Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 PM
just wanna update the pps following this thread and for the OP,
so i got a call from the dealer today and this is the news they had for me.
they are saying that it looks like i have bad cylinder head rings and blow by.

what is weird to me is that they did a comp and lead down test yesterday morning when they thought it was the head gasket and the tech told me it was all great no problems there.

but today they moved away from the whole ECM/ECU fuel injector issue and are saying that im going to need a new engine.

they are suppose to notify my extended warranty group to have a adjuster come and see what they are willing to do. now i do have a iso thermal md spacer that i have had one for at least 20xxx. will my warranty be void? if they start complaining about that dont they need to provide me with proof that that would be the reason for blow by and cylinder rings are bad, if it even is the "bad" engine like they are magically saying now. the MD iso thermal spacer purpose is to "reduces the effect of power robbing heat soak by isolating both the upper and lower plenum" so i dont see how they can prove anything by that mod.

any advice on what i should do?

Old 08-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahaha same issue white smoke in the mornings and every time i step on the gas pedal, tho... i do see engine oil leaks under my car and my gas mileage it's high!! help here please!!

Old 08-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
This is a little scary Jebus, a whole flipin week and they haven't come up with an answer. What do you care, you're driving around in that G37 giving those Mustang pilots a hard time at every stop sign.... Let us know by September what they think might be the issue. You might have it back by the 29th of September for the sedan meet or you could bring the loaner car.
Gary

The following users liked this post:
jebus2006G35 (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 01:22 AM
lol i know man. That G37 is sick fast. I cann him today and told him to give me an update and said tom he should have a better idea of whats going on. He better lol. Will see. ill be pissed if they havent done nothing to it.
Originally Posted by gary c
This is a little scary Jebus, a whole flipin week and they haven't come up with an answer. What do you care, you're driving around in that G37 giving those Mustang pilots a hard time at every stop sign.... Let us know by September what they think might be the issue. You might have it back by the 29th of September for the sedan meet or you could bring the loaner car.
Gary

Old 08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
so go the dealer report, and this is what they said.

Engine burining, saw whitish blue oil, removed 2 spark plugs to inspect, found oil and fuel on plugs. Ran car to monitor, car running rich. Removed all plugs and preformed leak down on all cylinders. Found engine passed lead down. However oil is found on all spark plugs. Checked MAF meter, AF sensors etc... to determine if there is another problem. No other problems found with sensors. Will need long block assembly to correct oil burning problem.

WTF!!

plus 3 months ago i have a warranty claim on my valve covers because they were leaking oil on plugs, and everything was fixed supposedly on their end.

jebus2006G35 (08-27-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 03:49 AM
any ideas??

jebus any updates on your end dude?

jebus2006G35 (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 03:47 PM
so i just got a call from the service manager. He said they are going to work on the short block and something about them doing a leak down test??? i was working so I didn't really as questions.. Then hes like, You sure you do you oil changes all the time???? lol bastards already trying to screw me. Good thing I have the dealer service manual that came with the car so ever since i got the car I always wrote down my oil changes.

Last edited by jebus2006G35; 08-27-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:27 PM
ok guys. Its been 3 weeks and i finally got my car today. I cant explain how happy i am that this happen still under warranty. John the service manager is a great guy if you guys ever go there. Im so happy because the probpem is fix. here is what they did

LOW COMPRESSION AT CYL #2 AND #3 AND BURNING OIL
REPLACED SHORT BLOCK

MISCELLANEOUS PARTS:

ENGINE ASSY SHORT
GASKET- CYLINDER HEAD
WASHER OUTLET
GASKET OIL
GASKET- WATER INLET
SEAL OIL, CRANKSHAFT
GASKET-ADAPTER
GASKET-MANIFOLD, UPPE
GASKET-MANIFOLD
GASKET- EXHAUST MAN
SEAL O RINGS
GASKET-SOLENOID
GASKET SILICONE LIQU
PILOT CONVERTER
GASKET- ROKERS COVER
SEMI- SYNTHETIC OIL
POWER STEERING FLUID
LONG LIFE ANTIFREEZE

some of them are repeated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White Smoke from Exhaust only when I punch it