G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just got my first G, what to do to it first???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 02:28 AM
Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by L_Jahfari
interesting.... So about $200? (that's what i found off a quick google search)

Is this because people on here are just Nissan/Infiniti crazy or is this actually the best power/sound way to go? (in your opinion obviously)
Im still looking for a G35 to buy so can't tell you from personal experience. I think if I remember right from reading on here the performance gains of a ztube vs after market are not much if any, plus you can probably get a used one for cheap. Try ebay or my350 forums, I'm sure theres people there trying to get rid of the old Z intakes.

The following users liked this post:
L_Jahfari (07-26-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 02:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Repost- Edit

Old 07-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by BowWizzel
Im still looking for a G35 to buy so can't tell you from personal experience. I think if I remember right from reading on here the performance gains of a ztube vs after market are not much if any, plus you can probably get a used one for cheap. Try ebay or my350 forums, I'm sure theres people there trying to get rid of the old Z intakes.
I will definitely look into this... intake is one of the first performance mods i think i will make.

It seems to be relatively inexpensive and not labor intensive. There could be much better options because i'm clueless.

Input on better/cheaper performance mods are appreciated!!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:41 AM
Just found the sticky on mods.. sorry, noob here

Old 07-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Look into a plenum spacer. there about $250 & should be easy as removing a couple bolts & putting them back on. http://www.motordyneengineering.com/...677e6c855254e7

The following users liked this post:
L_Jahfari (07-26-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 03:00 AM
Look into a plenum spacer. there about $250 & should be easy as removing a couple bolts & putting them back on. http://www.motordyneengineering.com/...677e6c855254e7
What exactly does this do/how does it work? seems like a great return for 230$

Also if I take that rear spoiler off will it leave holes in my trunk? My wing is completely F'd. The paint is all chipped off... its really the only thing about the car i need fixed ASAP

Old 07-26-2012, 03:10 AM
Exactly how it does what it does to get the gains I don't know. Think it increases air volume thereby causing something else to happen. Im sure someone here knows. Yes if you take the spoiler off it will leave holes.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:13 AM
Exactly how it does what it does to get the gains I don't know. Think it increases air volume thereby causing something else to happen. Im sure someone here knows. Yes if you take the spoiler off it will leave holes.
Damn, guess I'm leaving it on for now.... I don't think i should repaint the one i have cause i think the same thing will happen again because the guy i got it from said it was aftermarket so it is probably complete ish... sigh

what to do, what to do

Old 07-26-2012, 03:27 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by L_Jahfari
I will definitely be using the meguires polish.. ill post pics when done!! Thanks again guys. Love this site!

so glad i found it.
Make sure you peel off as much adhesive with your hands as you can. Most people see a thin layer of adhesive and think its ghosting. I heat gunned it (hair dryer on an extension cord lol) then used fishing wire, then after removing the letters I heated the left over adhesive still on the car with one hand while peeling and picking at it with the other. All that was left after of each letter, was a very thin, almost too thin to even feel to the touch outline of each letter that I couldn't pick off. Which was driving me nuts til I spotted an old bottle of that polish on my shelf and figured it was worth a shot.

Applied it with a polishing sponge to coat it and then really went at it with a good thin micro fiber towel. Like ten minutes later and you can't even tell there was ever badging there. Also my car is the same year as yours so same amount of time for paint fading and all that and I got lucky I guess.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:29 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Ok, I skimmed over thread... and what you should do first is up to you.... Do you want to go for performance?? looks??? suspension?? serious power such as FI???? you need to have a base for what you want to do. Do you have a 6MT? if you want to debadge follow the proper way to do it... if you want your grill to be black, Plasti dip it and see if you like it.... if you dont just peel it off. although i can tell you about any other mods, unless you inform me of what your are driving 6MT or AT?? If you remove your spoiler, there will be holes, dont waist your money on cheap ebay lights or anzo or ect... but some 06 projectors and be happy with life... you will love them, if you have any questions PM me and ill do my best to answer the questions, or PM me for the facebook group for only coupes and ill give you the link, you will end up asking more questions there and getting more answers with out people saying the word SEARCH... we are all very understanding on the Group

Old 07-26-2012, 03:30 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
oh and dont use Meguiars... there are better products, Chemical guys make better products

Old 07-26-2012, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by Majiks
Ok, I skimmed over thread... and what you should do first is up to you.... Do you want to go for performance?? looks??? suspension?? serious power such as FI???? you need to have a base for what you want to do. Do you have a 6MT? if you want to debadge follow the proper way to do it... if you want your grill to be black, Plasti dip it and see if you like it.... if you dont just peel it off. although i can tell you about any other mods, unless you inform me of what your are driving 6MT or AT?? If you remove your spoiler, there will be holes, dont waist your money on cheap ebay lights or anzo or ect... but some 06 projectors and be happy with life... you will love them, if you have any questions PM me and ill do my best to answer the questions, or PM me for the facebook group for only coupes and ill give you the link, you will end up asking more questions there and getting more answers with out people saying the word SEARCH... we are all very understanding on the Group
6MT all the way. For right now I definitely need a new rear spoiler. My old one is shot to shiz (don't know if you can cuss in this forum) It looks awful and is a major bummer.

I actually just purchased the car today but am not getting it until tomorrow because I am waiting for title transfer and such. (this is why i had no idea there were even holes in the trunk)

Thanks for your input. i will send you a PM to join that group. Im psyched to get this thing kitted out. I have been driving around in a 2000 Cherokee before someone (thank god) stole it a month ago...

(I lived in Colorado so the cherokee made sense at the time of purchase)

Old 07-26-2012, 04:39 AM
Your lights look like it just has overlays on. When you open it up & paint it on inside I think it looks cleaner. Heres a link to one I found ( https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...eadlights.html ) but theres a couple more DIY for this in the lighting & DIY section on here just do a search.

where did you get these LEDS from? mine has the same strip but a lot of them are going out.. lol

Old 07-26-2012, 05:00 AM
^ IDK, not mine. Just found it browsing on here. Pretty sure its custom tho. Seen others do similar in the lighting section.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:13 AM
damnit! gonna have to search it up i suppose..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.