G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just got my first G, what to do to it first???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my first G, what to do to it first???

Just picked this '05 up today and am so pumped!! I think i should do something with the front grill but really have no idea which way to go or what a good price is. I was thinking all black but i have never even seen a G this color.

I definitely want to de-badge but am concerned with the horror stories. Is this an awful color to do that to (given the paint fade factor)?

Help or input is highly appreciated!!!

Old 07-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts
Nice car. Don't really like the headlights. I think you should just paint the inside housing black & leave the lens clear. But thats just me.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:19 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Its a great color. If you debadge your G it would look very nice.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the input guys!!

I want to get the halo headlights but they are $500 (from what i hear) and I'm kinda balling on a budget.

Should I get a new front grill or just paint the one i have? (i think i want a black one)

Also the rear spoiler is badly faded because it was aftermarket at painted poorly. It looks like ****. I need to remove it, paint it, or/or get a new one... any ideas? That was the biggest issue with the body other than a few small dents.

If i just remove it will it have drill holes in my trunk? Sorry for the simple questions but i know very little about cars to be honest and I am trying to learn a lot all at once....

Again, thanks for any input!! Really happy to be part of the community.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by BowWizzel
Nice car. Don't really like the headlights. I think you should just paint the inside housing black & leave the lens clear. But thats just me.
Can you explain what this means? Assume i know nothing, lol

Old 07-26-2012, 01:30 AM
More pics...

Old 07-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd black the grill (something I've been messing with, plasti dipping) and debadge the infiniti lettering. I did it on my black 05 which is the worst color for ghosting and fading to show through but I polished out the ghosts with meguire's polish.

What wheels are those btw? Love that massive lip on them. I'd like em more if they were gun metal or silver though.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by blues3531
I'd black the grill (something I've been messing with, plasti dipping) and debadge the infiniti lettering. I did it on my black 05 which is the worst color for ghosting and fading to show through but I polished out the ghosts with meguire's polish.

What wheels are those btw? Love that massive lip on them. I'd like em more if they were gun metal or silver though.
So you don't foresee any problems with ghosting when de-badging this color??

MSR 20"s are the wheels.

Thanks for the Meguire's polish, never heard of that one...

Also, i looked at about 5 Gs before deciding on this MT. Every single one of them had the same tear in the driver seat by the center console, this is standard i am assuming but how much is it to fix?

Thanks again!!!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by L_Jahfari
Can you explain what this means? Assume i know nothing, lol
Your lights look like it just has overlays on. When you open it up & paint it on inside I think it looks cleaner. Heres a link to one I found ( https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...eadlights.html ) but theres a couple more DIY for this in the lighting & DIY section on here just do a search.

Name:  IMG_4955.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  65.6 KB

The following users liked this post:
L_Jahfari (07-26-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd assume your blue would be better for debadging and ghosts than black for sure. And I tried a diy procedure that included wd40 but the ghosts were still there til I used the meguires polish with pretty firm pressure.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:15 AM
I removed badging on my old 98 Camry & didnt have no problems ghosting/shadow. I did use turtle wax bug & tar remover tho, it doesn't run off like WD40. I found it easier without a heat gun. Spray once, let sit & remove badge. Spray again, let sit & have fun rubbing off glue residue for hours. My thumb got a good workout that day.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:15 AM
Your lights look like it just has overlays on. When you open it up & paint it on inside I think it looks cleaner. Heres a link to one I found ( https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...eadlights.html ) but theres a couple more DIY for this in the lighting & DIY section on here just do a search.

Thanks for the clarification.. I definitely want to make them darker somehow so i guess this is the way to go...

I think i need a new intake as well... I used to have a '95 325i bmw with a dinan intake and i loved the sound and the extra boost it gave me... Any thoughts on the best one to get for the G that isn't redic expensive. I don't have a lot to spend and i want to do so much!!!!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by blues3531
I'd assume your blue would be better for debadging and ghosts than black for sure. And I tried a diy procedure that included wd40 but the ghosts were still there til I used the meguires polish with pretty firm pressure.
I will definitely be using the meguires polish.. ill post pics when done!! Thanks again guys. Love this site!

so glad i found it.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by L_Jahfari
I think i need a new intake as well... I used to have a '95 325i bmw with a dinan intake and i loved the sound and the extra boost it gave me... Any thoughts on the best one to get for the G that isn't redic expensive. I don't have a lot to spend and i want to do so much!!!!
^Alot of people on here seem to be fans of Z-tubes. Basically the intake off of a 350Z.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:21 AM
^Alot of people on here seem to be fans of Z-tubes. Basically the intake off of a 350Z.
interesting.... So about $200? (that's what i found off a quick google search)

Is this because people on here are just Nissan/Infiniti crazy or is this actually the best power/sound way to go? (in your opinion obviously)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.