G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Removing G35 Grill (i've watched the YouTube)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing G35 Grill (i've watched the YouTube)

I've watched this video. I obviously have the clips taken out but I cannot figure out what to do when he says "there are going to be 2 little screws down there and you just pull it out like this..." I see no screws, just two levers. I am yanking on this thing to the point of near breakage. I am pushing on everything hoping it slides out but nothing is working.

Please, can someone elaborate on what I am supposed to do after getting the 4 clips out?

Thank you so much for the know-how

Edit: Trying to Plasti-Dip tonight!!! THANKS A MILLION

Old 08-26-2012, 07:30 PM
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...-05-coupe.html

I also read this thread and it was not very helpful.... any thoughts?

Old 08-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ive never pulled out the grill before but by watching that video. it dont look like no screws. looks like two tabs. lol

Old 08-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
there are no screws

only like 5 or so push tabs on top and 3-4 tabs on the bottom of the grill; takes a minute to take off

Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Bro.. when you remove the top clips then stick ur hand in between the grill and frame, there are clips connecting the grill to the bumper inside the grill area. There also two spots on top - left and right side - of the grill connecting the grill to the top part of the grill. Once you unclip the grill, just pull the grill out - pull forward. You may need to use a small flat head or needle nose pliers. Sorry I don't have pics @ work.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:51 PM
I appreciate the fast feedback. i will try again. I can see where it is connected to the front bumper but it doesn't seem to want to come out... ARRRR!!!

Old 08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by jonsg35
Bro.. when you remove the top clips then stick ur hand in between the grill and frame, there are clips connecting the grill to the bumper inside the grill area. There also two spots on top - left and right side - of the grill connecting the grill to the top part of the grill. Once you unclip the grill, just pull the grill out - pull forward. You may need to use a small flat head or needle nose pliers. Sorry I don't have pics @ work.
If i use a flathead on the top of the grill where it meets the frame I am afraid i am going to break something. Those clips are underneath... so frustrating

Old 08-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
lol youre making it harder then what it is. Its really not that hard to take the grille out. I didnt know **** about my G when i got it and I got the grille out in less then a minute haha. Just use a flat head for the top clips on the left and right side. Then use it for all the clip type things at the bottom, then just take it out.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by 06G35Coupe94
lol youre making it harder then what it is. Its really not that hard to take the grille out. I didnt know **** about my G when i got it and I got the grille out in less then a minute haha. Just use a flat head for the top clips on the left and right side. Then use it for all the clip type things at the bottom, then just take it out.
LOL thanks I'm trying. afraid I'm going to break the thing though. In the video the guy must already have the bottom clips out cause he just sticks his hand left of the emblem and it slides up and out... sigh

Old 08-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Originally Posted by ambiguous113
there are no screws

only like 5 or so push tabs on top and 3-4 tabs on the bottom of the grill; takes a minute to take off
takes me like 10 seconds, cause my shiit is janky as ***.

nomsayin?

Old 08-26-2012, 08:14 PM
I guess I'm going to have someone show me or I'm going to break this thing...

I obv have no clue wtf i'm doing

Old 08-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Take out all the pop rivets on the top of the grill. Then behind the grill. There will be two clips on the top corners of the grill. You have to push these clips in to release the corners. Then the grill can be pulled forwards and out from the bumper.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by ME GUSTA
Take out all the pop rivets on the top of the grill. Then behind the grill. There will be two clips on the top corners of the grill. You have to push these clips in to release the corners. Then the grill can be pulled forwards and out from the bumper.
Thanks, I'm about to try this out...

I just ran up to where I thought the G35 meet up in ATL was (supposed to be last sunday of each month at Taco Mac parking deck)... not a G in sight. DAMN

Old 08-26-2012, 08:41 PM
If you can't find the clips, it's because its at the corner right under the flat part of the top of the grill. It's there. A flathead screwdriver should help reach it and depress it.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just a heads up, I think you're supposed to pull up on the lower tabs. If I recall correctly I tried pushing down and ended up breaking some. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Removing G35 Grill (i've watched the YouTube)