G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Proud new owner!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proud new owner!

I just recently bought a coupe and I love it. Has only 200 miles (had to break in this baby). On the lot, only had 8 miles. Well, it only had 6, but when you pay this much s**t I wanted a full tank of gas. Here in cali, gas is grip so I wanted to squeeze all the free s**t out of this dealer. Hooked me up with a second "free" gold keychain too! Well I had known about this site and was afraid to even register because it took me over 2 months to get the car. Almost every dealer was sold out the minute they got stock in. I still have a $1000 deposit waiting from another dealer. I would call it a Inifiniti nightmare.
My journey begins with calling all the dealer around my area. I was looking for a brilliant silver, or diamond graphite coupe...performance, premium. I had my name down at 2 dealerships. Found 2 other dealerships that only take deposits. Well I paid $1000 dollars each on 2 dealers. The other dealers that only had my name was not taking any deposit. Finally, 1 dealer had the coupe....exactly the way I wanted it. They placed me on a list...it was the exact model that i was looking for....but i was 2nd. Turns out that the first person took the car (no surprise). So I took the grand back. I finally found a nother dealer (this is the second $1000) that I was talking about.....they had the car coming in stock but I had to wait 2 months! Well the first place that I took the deposit on called on the same day and wanted me to come in and view their next inventory line up. THEY HAD THE CAR...but i had to wait 1 month. So I went to the other dealer to take my deposit back, but they cashed the check in. It was a precaution that I would be qualified to by such a fine piece of machinery. So requested they refund me the $1000 back. (still to this day have not received back my check, but spoke to their finance department, and they have to clear the check first before they can cut a check.....BS! ) Well the place I went to originally, that I made the first deposit on calls and places me on the list. There was no silver but, graphite will do....now i'm guarenteed the diamond graphite... since i'm the first one on the list!!!! Wrong....2 weeks later found that the salesman was fired from the dealer, placing a bunch of people on the list and promising other drivers that they will soon own a coupe. Another sales associate calls up, and was asking if I wanted another coupe that was going to arrive....but it was $1000 more that expected....ouch. Had stuff that I didn't want, such as side moldings, mud guards, trunk mat, mud guards, space saver tire. So I declined. Out of luck, I was in denial....i'm never going to get the model that I want. So I went to a dealer that had my name, and found a white coupe. I didn't want white...but at this point I would just settle for anything. I was going to think it over during lunch. So after lunch...this was the plan. I was going to go over to the dealership that took me off the list and demand my deposit back. Turns out that when we were 5 mins away from the place, they called and had a desert platinum with everything I wanted. Well me and my fiance decided to go and check it out. Once we got there....the desert platinum was a nice color, but not my second choice. Found out that it was sold!!! That was a 5 min. deal and that the person was already in the finance department sealing the deal. So the associate, that called me to look at another car. It was the brilliant silver....with all the packages I wanted!!! Turns out that the person who was 1st on their list, his car came in 2 months late and it was finally in. Turns out that he turned down the brilliant silver, and decided to get the desert platinum! So I took his car. It was everything I wanted. Brilliant silver, performance, aero, premium.
It was an infiniti nightmare.....but with a happy ending. So for those that are waiting for theirs to come....be persistant.

Old 04-29-2003, 11:29 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Proud new owner!

You Lucky #*%$@ thats my color, not the same options but still my color and you just went and bought it!! Well maybe after some problems I suppose. just kidding but seriously Congrats on your new coupe and good luck with her.

Old 04-30-2003, 02:02 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Proud new owner!

Congratulations on finally getting a car. I have the exact same car.
My buying experience was the exact opposite of yours. Believe it or not, I called up my neighborhood dealer to ask if they had any G35 Coupes in stock. He said he has one. It was exactly the color and equipment I wanted. I went right over and bought it immediately because I knew I would probably go thru what you did if I hesitated!
Anyway, enjoy your car!!!