G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Approx damage and will this be totalled?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Approx damage and will this be totalled?

Hey guys so a fkn deer got me last night. Was just curious how much you guys think this will cost and is there anything I should be aware of before adjuster comes out. Any chance this will be totalled? A local infiniti collision place is right down the street from me should i go there? Or will this type of repair be all set by any auto body shop I go to? This dude only works on infinitis sent to him from the dealer and stuff so he has to know whats up. NOt sure if I will be charged heavy from him tho. Anywas damage is as follows from what I can see:

1) new hood
2) new front bumper
3) 1 headlight and all bumper related electronics (turn signals)
4) 1 front quarter panel
5) side view mirror replace (opt as it is still in tact, but I could rip it off fairly easy)
6) Driver and pass air bags deployed

Car still runs, what appears to be fine, but I only went 40mph to get home. Smells like total **** from the air bag deployment tho. This is a 2004 G35 coupe with 82k miles. Thing is perfect condition.
KBB is around 12k I think. Such a shame if it gets totalled, car was very well maintained. I got brand new tires also. Its not like i hit a cement wall tho, it was just a deer. But I have no idea what if anything happened under the hood etc....Could be lots of little things that could add up. Air filter housing etc...
Any thoughts are cool, thanks for listening.

Attached Thumbnails Approx damage and will this be totalled?-1107121100.jpg  
Old 11-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Looks totalled man... the damage is prolly more than a replacement....

Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by TotalChump
Hey guys so a fkn deer got me last night. Was just curious how much you guys think this will cost and is there anything I should be aware of before adjuster comes out. Any chance this will be totalled? A local infiniti collision place is right down the street from me should i go there? Or will this type of repair be all set by any auto body shop I go to? This dude only works on infinitis sent to him from the dealer and stuff so he has to know whats up. NOt sure if I will be charged heavy from him tho. Anywas damage is as follows from what I can see:

1) new hood
2) new front bumper
3) 1 headlight and all bumper related electronics (turn signals)
4) 1 front quarter panel
5) side view mirror replace (opt as it is still in tact, but I could rip it off fairly easy)
6) Driver and pass air bags deployed

Car still runs, what appears to be fine, but I only went 40mph to get home. Smells like total **** from the air bag deployment tho. This is a 2004 G35 coupe with 82k miles. Thing is perfect condition.
KBB is around 12k I think. Such a shame if it gets totalled, car was very well maintained. I got brand new tires also. Its not like i hit a cement wall tho, it was just a deer. But I have no idea what if anything happened under the hood etc....Could be lots of little things that could add up. Air filter housing etc...
Any thoughts are cool, thanks for listening.
Unfortunately, air bags total cars. I assume your radiatior support is busted from the pics... any subframe damage? EDIT: you need to look under the hood.........

Last edited by Adro; 11-07-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Adro
Unfortunately, air bags total cars. I assume your radiatior support is busted from the pics... any subframe damage?
Yup. If the airbags went off, that usually means totalled.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Yup. If the airbags went off, that usually means totalled.
But the plus-side to this is that you may be able to buy back the car for cheap if they total it.

1. First, You could get your check from the car.
2. Then, Buy the car back at a lower price from the insurance company. Source your "new" parts on here/online and do most of the replacement yourself to save labor costs.
3. Have someone local paint your new hood and fender and hopefully tou can find a painted oem bumper or go aftermarket.
4.Utimately, if you manage your resources and do most replacement yourself you could come out on top with: the same car, but BETTER with fresh parts and paint and MORE money in your pocket!.

The following users liked this post:
TotalChump (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
That looks pretty bad and I agree with the others; airbag = totaled

Old 11-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts
That looks pretty bad. Most likely more damage in the areas you can't see. Can't believe you drove that back home looking like that at 40mph. Btw how was the deer?

Old 11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the replies. Adro I def had similar thoughts go thru my head as well with the whole salvage buy back and fix. I still havent even opened the hood, so I am not sure if there is any subframe damage or radiator damage. Is it common for deers to do extensive subframe damage? I am thinking I will bring this to 2 auto body shops tomorrow and see what kind of quote they can each give me and there general thoughts as well. I am thinking this adjuster is not going to see me untill next week sometime.

Last edited by TotalChump; 11-07-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 PM
BowWizzle ahaha, yea man I know. The pic looks crazy like the front wheel is hidden even. It drives tho, the wheel is relatively free with occasional plastic maybe touching it, but none of the metal hits it. Probably not the smartest move, but I stopped and assesed everything and figured F it lets get home. This thing cant get much worse at this point. If the tire was stuck obviously would have aborted mission. The bumper was dragging the whole time. The thing that scared me the most was the smell of the air bag gasses. HAd to drive with the windows wide open in 30 degree weather

Old 11-07-2012, 06:07 PM
That deer got POWER SMASHED. He is not going to see Obama's 2nd term

Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lol mad funny bro. Good ol deer

Old 11-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
That sucks but glad your ok man

Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
You should remove the hood yourself to get a better idea of whats going on underneath

Glad you're ok man, should'a kept the deer and made some jerky

Old 11-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
wow im surprised for the amount of damage you incurred that there was no blood. If you can source the body parts from online used or junkyards you could get away with it for liek maybe 4k if you do the work yourself. but otherwise its going to be very very costly. I call totalled on this one.

you will definitely need a new radiator support. those airbags are going to be pretty pricey unless you can find a junker with rear end damage.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
actually after looking at some ebay prices for airbags, you might be able to do it under 4k if you really shop around. the body panels should be able to be had for like 2k if you can find already painted ones that do not need to be repainted.

1) new hood (~$300)
2) new front bumper ($100-200 if you shop around)
3) 1 headlight and all bumper related electronics (turn signals) ($200 or so for a pair of 04s)
4) 1 front quarter panel (fender? like $150)
5) side view mirror replace (opt as it is still in tact, but I could rip it off fairly easy) ($60-70)
6) Driver and pass air bags deployed (~$600 for both)
7) radiator support (~$200)
8) probably intake assembly ($50)
9) front crash bar ($50)
10) fender liner ($40)
11) grill ($80)

12) shop time to install and repair? (~$1000 - $2000 easy, depending on condition of parts purchased)

this again is just a cursory glance, there will most likely be more things under the hood once you take a look.

Last edited by .cakestar; 11-07-2012 at 08:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TotalChump (11-07-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Approx damage and will this be totalled?