G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Post the problems your G has had or has and how you overcame it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
These are just my current problems:

Front LCA Bushings are shot (being replaced this weekend)
Drivers side speakers are producing static regardless of whether the unit it powered on or not
Drivers side door lock actuator is bad
Drivers seat has usual tear (Not going to bother to fix)
Have the stupid rear axle click
Driver Seat rails are starting to go

Im 3000 miles from my 60K service so ill have the TSB's done to repair most of the problems
But the damn radio is driving me insane...its not necessarily static because it happens when the radio is off...all started when i replaced my drivers side mirror

Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fixed my rear axle click by turning the radio up

Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 PM
This is the perfect place for me to tell my story:
when i bought the car it was completely stock aside from skyline badging on the back.
on the way home from the car lot i stop at home depot and park as always far away from everybody....im talking like unnecessarily far. Come out to see that some ******* hit me in the passenger rear quarterpanel by the door.
First thing i did was debadge and remove the rubber molding on the doors.
...Two problems. 1. as i peeled the door molding back it revealed the half assed body work, there was exposed bondo under it. 2. i remove the skyline badging: heat gun didnt really phase it, neither did adhesive remover, the po had super glued them onto the car. now i have paint missing where the badges were.
I get the g painted finally for a good price from a shop that let me do all the disassembly/ assembly.
Looked perfect--- Two weeks later it was hit infront of my friends house in the street... Whole driverside door caved in.....
6 weeks and one new door later i get my car back from my body guy that over quoted for my insurance to save me from having a deductible.
so far since then ive had better luck with it.. other than eating up tires and now compression rod bushings clicking on me.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
For the longest time had poor quality idle at start up. Then thru an error code indicating my airflow sensor was bad. Cleared the code and ordered a new airflow sensor from Nissan. Drove SLICK for 10 days and the error code never came back but idle was getting worse cold and warm. Had Matt at Nissan dealership install the sensor and reset my idle. Also found my AMSOIL cone filter on my Fujita intake was pushed to far back interrupting air flow. With both these corrected she runs like new and idle is perfect and 100 rpm higher. I also checked my throttle body but it was super clean after 35K miles....Gary

Old 01-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Driver seat motor barely works..
Driver seat has a huge tear in the side bolster..
One of the switches for the heated seats has a blown led..
Driver side tweeter isn't working..
Sub is ripped..
Headlights need to be repainted..
Hood needs to be realigned..
Need an alignment..
Undertray ripped in half..
Rims need to be refinished..
Need a new exhaust..

I'm sure there is more that I can't think of
Literally the exact issues I have

Old 01-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by atranemail
What year is your G? I don't know what people expect from about 10 years of wear and tear. All the problems he listed are from an 04. Nearly 10 years old.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by atranemail
Rebuilt titles?

Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by rsingerG35
What year is your G? I don't know what people expect from about 10 years of wear and tear. All the problems he listed are from an 04. Nearly 10 years old.
Yea its an 04 & not a rebuilt title, haven't got into a single accident - I don't need my hood realigned tho

Old 01-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lol im rebuilt........ i thought that was the reason i was having these issues. but alot of people with 03's and 4's seem to have it

Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nope clean title, Its a clean car, but...My 1997 S10 trucks front suspension make less noise!
I replaced the compression rods, On Sunday, I flipped down the visor because of the sun. I was doing 75 on the freeway with the dam thing hanging by the wires! Not good! The sun visors on my 93 E36, and my 1990 1/2 ton PU have not falling off (The covers for the mirror on the S10 fell off, but it has the very best visors!). I'm getting the impression that Nissan's are just not built very well. They may be like the Dodge trucks of the Lux car world (a nice power train with a truck falling apart all around it).

KP

Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 PM
window doesn't come down still haven't solved it passanger doesn't always open whit the key have to press multiple times...

and I have a kenwood radio in it it recognize only ipods no iphone or no usb and it's driving me nuts because I have all my music stored on my phone not my ipod..

Posted from G35driver.com App for Android

Old 01-28-2013, 11:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm having similar problems with my radio, but instead it's not detecting Ipods in general. Why don't you just get a cheap Ipod off Ebay and just keep it connected 24/7 in your car?

Originally Posted by G35JdmFan
window doesn't come down still haven't solved it passanger doesn't always open whit the key have to press multiple times...

and I have a kenwood radio in it it recognize only ipods no iphone or no usb and it's driving me nuts because I have all my music stored on my phone not my ipod..

Posted from G35driver.com App for Android

Old 01-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by 03XG35
I beleive my G35 has had every common or known problem. I'm not sure if anybody else feels this way. I've only had it for a year and a half. This is in no order.

1) Car would overheat. Turned out the radiator fans kept blowing they're fuse. New radiator fans.

2) Replaced both window motors.

3) Door locks don't work. If i lock it, it wont open or lock. I think its actuators... ive had this problem since I got the car. My car is NEVER locked.

4) Trunk opener doesn't work, still currently have.

5) One day I was driving and couldnt go above 20 MPH VDC and slip on.... needed new throttle body.

6) Radio controls out. Air conditioning always on.... fixed by replacing the entire radio.

7) My fan fuse for the a/c and heat keeps blowing whenver I put a new one in.... currently have this problem as of 2 days ago.

8) Ive been in 3 accidents since owning the car. None at all my fault...

Other than that it's been great mechanically wise but geeeeez.....
the door lock actuators i did myself found a DIY on youtube its kinda ghetto but works perfecting by bypassing the orginal and you pretty much put you own new one in that you can order pretty cheap from the link in the video. it took me like 2 hours maybe less and works great!

Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 PM
1. Caliper seized. New caliper.
2. compression rod bushing were done. New poly bushing by Energy.
3. driver side tie rod is done. yet to do

Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 AM
Sup guys has anyone ever had an issue with the rear diff slipping, I felt it a couple times driving and today out of the blue all my lights turn on VDC/SLIP/CHECK ENG. i pulled over and started the car again all the lights stayed on cant turn VDC on/off.

If anyone has had this issue please let me know what u think.
Thanks

03 O.G Coupe 6MT Brembos Nismo Custom System too much to list