G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Air locked master clutch cylinder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 04:04 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Air locked master clutch cylinder

Sorry to create a thread for this but I've researched for days and spent all new years eve trying to sort out this issue.

While flushing my clutch hydraulic fluid in my 2007 coupe a few days ago I unfortunately let the reservoir run empty which caused a lot of air to be sucked into the lines and now my clutch pedal has no pressure to pop itself up again and I'm assuming it's because I've air locked my master cylinder. I filled up the reservoir to the top and tried bleeding the old fluid out in hopes that the new fluid would be sucked into the lines, but no fluid is being pulled from the reservoir into the lines even though a fair amount of old fluid is coming out. I can pump the clutch pedal over and over and no pressure will build.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had same thing happen after a clutch hydraulic line corroded and broke on my 2003.

You can sign out a vacuum brake kit from Part Source at no charge ( I see u r Cdn). Hook the syphon up to your bleeder valve on the clutch slave cylinder and start pumping. Continue until you see no air.

The following users liked this post:
canehdian_guy (01-03-2013)
Old 01-06-2013, 01:59 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Using this advice I was finally able to suck some fluid into my lines from the reservoir however I have encountered some issues. When I try and lift my clutch pedal from the ground I am only able to lift it 8" above the ground when before it would lift about a foot and a half above the ground. Also when I put pressure on the clutch pedal i don't notice any resistance until about the last 4" before it hits the floor, and when I do feel resistance there is about 4 times the amount of resistance I would feel when my clutch was operating normally. Do you know what this could be?

Also what is the proper procedure for pressure bleeding? When the bleed screw is open and the power bleeder is attached to the clutch hydraulic fluid reservoir, I will just pump the clutch while ensure that there is pressure in the power bleeder. Is this correct?