G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Finally, got my 2005 6MT coupe last night..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2005 | 05:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Crucial
I was under the impression that the buttons on the steering wheel were lit when the headlights were turned on. Am I mistaken? Or can you just not see them in these pics?
yeah they do light up...

Old 01-26-2005 | 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Crucial
I was under the impression that the buttons on the steering wheel were lit when the headlights were turned on. Am I mistaken? Or can you just not see them in these pics?
I don't think his headlights were on, it still looks dark outside and doesn't look like any light was exposing his SUV parked in front of him.

Old 01-26-2005 | 05:57 PM
congrats! nice ride

Old 01-26-2005 | 06:05 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Great pics and great ride. Congrats and enjoy.

Old 01-26-2005 | 08:14 PM
Car looks awsome !! Enjoy it on the road, but watch the potholes with those 19's.

Old 01-26-2005 | 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by mikeyg
that means that the spoiler was added on at the dealer... in other words the dealer order that car with everything (maybe not the aero kit either) and added the spoiler and/or aero kit on afterwards...the dealers do this so they are able to sell that ar with or without the aero kit

i only know this because i have the 4 peice aero kit on my car which came installed at the factory which means i do not have a rear deck brake light
this is not accurate. depending on the car in particular and the type of aero package, the spoiler may have been added at port instead of at the "factory". it is possible to have received a car straight off the truck (dealer didnt touch it) and have a third light present.

Old 01-26-2005 | 09:42 PM
Congrats on the car! Too bad you can't drive it now though!

Old 01-26-2005 | 09:43 PM
|
Originally Posted by tekknikal
this is not accurate. depending on the car in particular and the type of aero package, the spoiler may have been added at port instead of at the "factory". it is possible to have received a car straight off the truck (dealer didnt touch it) and have a third light present.
I think tekknikal is right, I did confirm with multiple people at the dealer (including the GM) that the car was received as is. This must have happened at the port. So far its unexplained, I've asked for an explaination and expect to be given one. This order went in as a 4-piece aero kit on the computer, no doubt about it, i saw i on the gm's computer myself.

at any rate, the car is just awesome, will be even better when the third light is removed and replaced with a cargo tray.

i spent tonight detailing it my way, will get zaino'd soon but not yet. i had a clear bra (3m brand) done and bought the wheel and tire road hazard insurance as well to address the crappy Massachusetts roads this time of year.

Old 01-26-2005 | 09:44 PM
|
Talking

thanks for all the welcomes! still can't explain how excited I am about the car!

Old 01-29-2005 | 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Infinium
I ordered every option available on the 6MT, it has it all: prem, nav, full 4-piece aero kit, XM, bsm, trunk mat, etc.

awesome car, can't wait to drive it..

My wife just ordered the identically equipped car here in the Washington, DC, area. They said it would likely be 2+ months to get it made and delivered.

Old 01-29-2005 | 04:27 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SaltiDawg
My wife just ordered the identically equipped car here in the Washington, DC, area. They said it would likely be 2+ months to get it made and delivered.
100 days is the rumor...

Old 01-29-2005 | 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Infinium
thanks to all, I'm still very excited about the car!

as for the third brake light, not sure what happened but its coming out and off as it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. The order was placed with:

"Aerodynamic Body Kit (With Spoiler)"

which includes:

• Accessory Rear Spoiler
• 2 Under Body Diffusers
• 2 Under Covers
• Front Bumper Chin Spoiler
• Aero body splash guards

MSRP for this option is $1200

not sure why the third brake light was put in the rear window. i think it was a mistake at the factory. how do i verify that the underbody aero is in place?

i wonder if the "Accessory Rear Spoiler" means that its a port-installed option and not a factory-installed option...

There was no mistake....if you would have instead ordered the Aero Package and Aero Kit (without spoiler), there would not have been a third brake light in the window. The Aero Package is factory installed, while both Aero Kits are port installed.

Old 01-29-2005 | 09:23 PM
Talking Congrats!

I picked up my black 05 6MT last night in Washington and drove it all the way back to Oregon in the pouring rain, but hey, at least its home safe and all mine!

Things I love so far: the sound (wait till you get it into a parking garage or tunnel!); the view of the front fender peaks as you drive; smoothness of the short shift lever (snick); knowing I have 298hp once its broken in.

Things I am getting used to: pushing the shift lever DOWN and back for R - had a heck of a time in a parking lot - thought shifter mechanism was broke; soft seats (softer than an Acura but nice once adjusted); HVAC and navi buttons all nearly identical (but will learn them in due time).

Its an incredible machine - I know what you mean about not being able to describe how excited you are. I hope the snow melts for you soon.

ps Mine had the 4 piece aero installed @ dealer and it has the 3d brake light too.