G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by patH
Hey guys,

How much brighter are the stock high beams supposed to be compared to the low beams? I can barely tell a difference when I turn my high beams on. I'm thinking I need to replace the bulbs on them.

2004 Coupe with reflectors, btw.
It's not always about the brightness, but the position of the filament in the housing. They are often smaller bulbs, but aimed higher

Nick C.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wat yall doing for 4 of july anything crazy?

Old 07-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
I'm going to the Lake of the Ozarks in MO

One of the most dangerous bodies of water in the U.S.A lol

Lots of fun though, my uncle has a supercharged jet-ski

Nick C.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so I just bought my own first car a red 06 g35 coupe 6MT and after driving my sister's mazda 3 for almost a year it is a much welcomed change! But anyway a few days after bringing it home the "change oil and filter" notification appeared on my nav screen, since i bought the car from a reputable toyota dealer i assume that they changed the oil before they made the sale, and after checking the oil it looked way to clean to need changed. So basically my question is are the reminders that show up on the navigation screen set to show up by the previous owner or are they triggered by having low oil (I really really hope I didn't get an oil burner) Also i can't accurately check the oil level on my car because whenever i put the dipstick back in and pull it out again it seems to be covered in oil, and i can't tell where the line is. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-17-2014, 11:20 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
It means nothing its just automatic

The following users liked this post:
TylerNW (07-17-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Yeah, it's literally just a reminder that they didn't reset. No big deal, but you need to figure out how to check your oil for realz.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know how to check my oil it's just not working right. I'll pull out the dipstick wipe it clean put it back in pull it out again and 3/4ths of the dipstick is covered in oil. The only thing I can think of is would it be possible that they overfilled it and there is so much that it fills the tube that holds the dipstick?

Old 07-18-2014, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by TylerNW
I know how to check my oil it's just not working right. I'll pull out the dipstick wipe it clean put it back in pull it out again and 3/4ths of the dipstick is covered in oil. The only thing I can think of is would it be possible that they overfilled it and there is so much that it fills the tube that holds the dipstick?
Change it and see. I buy used cars, and every time I do I go thru it with a fine toothed comb. All fluids and filters get changed regardless of whether or not I trust the person or company from which it was obtained.

And I didn't mean you didn't know how to check your oil in general, but I know the G has a bit of learning/caress curve.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:20 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
I know exactly what's going on
I bet you're checking the oil right after or a sometime after driving. It would do the same to me. Check it before you drive after it's sat all night or for a period of time.
That'll fix your problem and you'll get a more accurate reading

Old 07-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Ok, so I just bought my own first car a red 06 g35 coupe 6MT and after driving my sister's mazda 3 for almost a year it is a much welcomed change! But anyway a few days after bringing it home the "change oil and filter" notification appeared on my nav screen, since i bought the car from a reputable toyota dealer i assume that they changed the oil before they made the sale, and after checking the oil it looked way to clean to need changed. So basically my question is are the reminders that show up on the navigation screen set to show up by the previous owner or are they triggered by having low oil (I really really hope I didn't get an oil burner) Also i can't accurately check the oil level on my car because whenever i put the dipstick back in and pull it out again it seems to be covered in oil, and i can't tell where the line is. Thanks in advance!
The change oil and filter is a user set maintenance interval. It's based purely on mileage, and it won't automatically clear until you reset it yourself, you can also disable it BTW. Hit the INFO button, scroll down to Maintenance and you can reset the mileage for Oil and Oil Filter. You can also adjust the intervals or turn off the warnings if you don't ever want to mess with it.

For checking oil, let the car sit at least 30 minutes for an accurate reading. One trick is to wipe the dipstick, put it in and pull it out immediately, doing it quickly helps avoid coating the dipstick in oil like you're running into.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:55 AM
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Anyone know what I can use to clean the rear center console first aid cover, I tried searching but didn't find anything. Would Carpet Stain Remover be fine to remove stains? I don't want to ruin the soft material by using the wrong product. Thanks.

Name:  f9110e7a-66f9-4cdb-9c5d-8c98ffbfbb19_zps84bab699.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  196.2 KB

Old 07-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Juang20
Anyone know what I can use to clean the rear center console first aid cover, I tried searching but didn't find anything. Would Carpet Stain Remover be fine to remove stains? I don't want to ruin the soft material by using the wrong product. Thanks.
I peeled it off soo much easier to clean like that lol

Old 07-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Any one know if the leather pealing off the top glove box can be glued back on again?, i havent tried taking the glove box out yet, 03 coupe

Old 07-20-2014, 10:32 PM
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeffreybonilla5

I peeled it off soo much easier to clean like that lol
That's one way to keep it clean, I'll leave that as a last resort tho lol

Old 07-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Jeffreybonilla5
Any one know if the leather pealing off the top glove box can be glued back on again?, i havent tried taking the glove box out yet, 03 coupe
There's a really good write up for this on another Nissan/Infiniti car owners club forum, but we aren't supposed to mention other forums here, so I won't.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Coupe Random Little Question Thread