G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help me Remove Dashboard ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me Remove Dashboard ??

Hey G Forum , Can help me on how to remove the dashboard on my 2003 G35 . i need to replace it since my passenger air bag was deployed. and link on a how to would help me a lot . i try to search but on finding on stereo ...thanks

Old 08-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Oddly there is a write up for anything dealing with a G35 except removing the dashboard , i searched everywhere online and nothing BUT from my understanding in order to remove it , you need to remove the instrument cluster/steering wheel and the stereo in which youtube has links for both of those and after that everything should be smooth sailing lol ... good luck

Old 08-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Yeah that's the issue I ran into... Thanks though

Old 06-01-2018, 03:01 PM
OK, I did it myself this past weekend, it is a B*** of a project if you have never done it, search how to remove instrument cluster, how to remove radio and how to remove glove compartment on youtube, it will be helpful however, they do not give you the order in which to do so. First do the steps you would do to remove the air cabin filter BUT DO NOT i repeat DO NOT remove glove compartment just yet , just loosen things up and remove only after the next step to avoid breaking the radio vessel trim, the first thing to remove is the radio, in that order because the radio vessel plate holds the A/C vent outlet to your right that is attached to the upper glove compartment, the one where the NAVI CD is located, again do not disconnect that part until you have removed the radio first, to do so see the video on that, also they do not tell you correctly how to remove the clock vessel...i broke mine...you have to insert a flat head screw driver to loosen up the tabs at the bottom on both right and left side then pull slightly up to loosen up/remove the ones from the top. once you have done that proceed to remove the glove compartment making sure to take pics and notes of where each plug that you disconnect is going so you do not F** up when putting it back again, next do the inst cluster, and that will finally give you access to remove the screws that attach the dashboard to the car. also when removing screws, do not screw it, get some Ziploc bags and if you remove 2,3 or 4 screws from any part you are removing place them individually and write down what screws are for what part, that way you do not put the wrong screws on the wrong part and damage the thread. You will have to remove the trim on both sides of the upper columns (inside, left and right upper part) do not be cheap and spend 15 bucks on Amazon and buy a trim removal tool kit, they do come reaaaally handy. Be very patient, take your time to visualize what you are going to do so you have a plan and do not break anything or damage any wiring ok, and finally this is a 2 day job if you have never done it before, putting back again after replacing the dashboard takes about 3 hrs again doing it slowly so you do not **** up and forget to plug anything back again and or screws. when removing the final screws from your old dashboard, use the new one to figure out what you need to remove ok and put back the same place you removed, one last thing , to remove the dashboard you can do yourself, take your time that is all, to place the new one same however to plug the instrument cluster and also the Radio back when reconnecting, you will need help of someone in order to hold the radio so you align it properly when putting back and whit a flashlight when putting the cluster since it is tricky to reconnect. Hope this helps, it would have helped me I know that much, next time I'll put the instructions with more detail and pics if able to (Take pics and or video of what goes hooked up where when removing plugs ok, it is useful in case you forget , all wires just hang there in no order once you remove stuff, it will help , trust me)

Old 06-01-2018, 03:02 PM
No need to remove steering wheel, trust me, do not complicate yourself even more, just work slowly and patiently.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
It's really not that hard. Personally, I would have removed the steering wheel if I did it again. Just set aside a full day because it will likely take you at least that. The FSM is a HUGE help for things like that. You need to remove the parts in order. Put screws in bags and label them.

Attached Thumbnails Help me Remove Dashboard ??-screenshot-226-.png   Help me Remove Dashboard ??-screenshot-227-.png