G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Was Supposed to Pick Up My 6MT Coupe Today, But....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just called my credit union and based off my FICO score, they are giving me 4.2%. I found out another thing that Pleasanton Infiniti lied to me about. The current insurance I have is under my brother's name, but I am listed as an insured driver. Pleasanton Infiniti says the insurance has to be under my name. I just called Peninsula Infiniti and they said that it's fine the way it is. Damn Pleasanton infiniti!!!

Still working out some details on whether I'm gonna pick it up or not.

SAM

Old 02-03-2005, 03:45 PM
If I were you, I would tell them you want a commitment on the final VPP price in writing, or you order from another dealer.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Z2G
wunautuca,
regarding your credit score, i heard that you are allowed up to 3-4 checks in a 1-2 months time period and it'll only count as one check. therefore, when the dealer checked your score again, it didn't lower your score.

Last edited by Z2G; 02-03-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:07 PM
I just hate hearing stories of bad salesmen and finance guys. What happened to you sucks! I gotta give you props for walking out of there. Those situations are always intense. I can't believe people are getting such high interest rates. I have pretty good credit and got 3.1% back in May '04 through Infiniti. My experience with North Houston Inifinti was great, with no hassles. They gave me a great price and threw in the free service for the life of the car. (i'm sure they didn't just throw it in there for free, but i'm not complaining). Keep your head up bro, and don't let this stop you from buying a G.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:10 PM
about the insurance, if you're under your brother's policy just as part of the household then you do need to have the car under your brother's name or at least cosigned. I have Geico and they wouldn't insure the car under my parents policy, they needed my stepdad to be a cosigner of the loan for them to do it... so the same probably applies to you but i'd check with your insurance company and not even ask the dealer about that.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:27 PM
That does suck what happened to you. But like others have said its all a game. Its a psychological game, who ever gets control of the situation or the uphand wins. You definitely did the right thing to walk away. I went to a dealership where I got lectured by the sales manager. He was saying you shouldn't be looking at this car, its too much. Telling me that there were others cars on the lot in my price range, etc. Oh man it pissed me off. Just remember there are other cars out there.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
That's the same **** Fletcher Jones in Chicago tried pulling on me. I asked about the recent college grad program and the sales manager said it didn't exist. I faxed him the website and brochure article specifically showing it was available. He still said they weren't going to participate, but he would take $500 off the price. That's what made me buy my car else ware.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:08 PM
maz
Originally Posted by XCELR8
That's the same **** Fletcher Jones in Chicago tried pulling on me. I asked about the recent college grad program and the sales manager said it didn't exist. I faxed him the website and brochure article specifically showing it was available. He still said they weren't going to participate, but he would take $500 off the price. That's what made me buy my car else ware.

Now – this one is funny – Chicago is H-E-A-V-E-N for car buying. My past 3 cars were bought in Chicago. Competition is so high that dealers are knocking down a lot of money.

Rule of a thumb: call at the end of a month. Tell them the best price you can get, ask them if they can beat it. Call another dealer, do the same, when you’re at the lowest possible, call the same dealership who offered you lowest price and talk to a different person. Just admit – “hey, I was offered by one of your colleagues $xx.xxx.99, what can YOU do for me? ” I guarantee he/she will knock another 300-500 bucks.

That’s what I did, and trust me -- I’ve got a sweet *** deal on my 04. Such a sweet deal that if I try to sell it now with 5-6k miles on it (and it has only little over 2) I will make $500 on it.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Ended up buying the exact car I originally wanted from private party in Ohio. Only had 8K on it and he wanted payoff. Saved like $4K and dodged all the dealer BS. It wasn't only the % rate thing. They refused to come off the price cause, get this, "there were only going to be 1500 6MT's imported to the US then they were going to stop making them". That was his whole argument for not coming off the price. What BS! So I'll pay sticker if you throw in the aero pack n/c....nope... ok toss in the Bose n/c... nope... buy me new wheels/tires...nope... waive destination charge..nope.. Ok so what are you willing to do? "I'll take $500 off. That's all we can do cause they are so rare." SEEEEEE YAAAAA! And that was the sales manager!

Old 02-03-2005, 05:56 PM
You guys got to read this. It's LONG but gives you an insight on what their life is about. Salesman isn't your enemy, their boss is.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying...2/article.html

Old 02-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The secret to successfully buying a car is doing your homework! Get your financing done before you even step into the dealership! I called a lot of companies for financing and eventually ended up with Capital One who offered me 3.79%. Ask the dealer to see if he could beat the rate and if not then oh well. Same thing with car insurance. Call around and lock in the best price. The other thing is to get the dealer to quote you the out-of-door price and to put that in writing. I had the dealer put it in writing and I also talked to the sales manager to confirm that he would agree with the price. Be meticulous and vigilant! Don't let them surprise you with anything or push you around! You are the customer with the $$$. Sorry to hear about your experience but be prepared the next time. You will get your car so don't waste your time getting mad! Oh, by the way I am Asian also. :P

Old 02-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by CarCrazed
You guys got to read this. It's LONG but gives you an insight on what their life is about. Salesman isn't your enemy, their boss is.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying...2/article.html
* jfo;asjfalsfa BARF!!!* sorry, that article made me sick..