G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

vdc off and slip light on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vdc off and slip light on

i have already searched on this and mine different cant find anything on it. I hace an 04 coupe g35 my vdc off and slip stay on never shut off break light dose not come on no code comes on for g sensor so i really have no clue what it is. Ive delt with it for about 9 months and i live in chicago so snow is probably coming anyday now. So if anyone can think of anything lmk please oh and my abs light is off works fine.

Last edited by DouG35; 11-05-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Bump

Old 11-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
You'd probably get some responses if you could write with punctuation and in complete sentences. I have no idea what the hell you are asking.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by mjwalter80
You'd probably get some responses if you could write with punctuation and in complete sentences. I have no idea what the hell you are asking.
I knew that was coming.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Check your brake fluid levels. Some have had problems with their dash lighting up when it's low.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
you need to pull the codes from the BCM. If you know someone with cipher & a cable they can get them for you or take it to a shop.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
OP - lasdlqhdlahds q;wjdhqw qjlhwd;lqjwhdq qjwhdqljwhdlqjwh;doeoie ppppp and and oil. that will fix everything.

The following users liked this post:
mjwalter80 (11-05-2013)
Old 11-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Ejgold55
OP - lasdlqhdlahds q;wjdhqw qjlhwd;lqjwhdq qjwhdqljwhdlqjwh;doeoie ppppp and and oil. that will fix everything.
HAHAHA

anyways, like one of the other members already mentioned try checking your brake fluid. Happened to me about 2 months ago. Filled it up and it went away.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Not the break fluid.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Peoria35sedan
you need to pull the codes from the BCM. If you know someone with cipher & a cable they can get them for you or take it to a shop.
Will a snap on scanner work for that. I have no codes on my dash

Old 11-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This just happened to me on sunday when i started my car, but with the all 3 lights. brake, vdc and slip.
Brake light turned off when i made a turn and the other 2 turned off 5 hrs later.
I then added brake fluid on monday which the level was on min.
The only code i had which was from a month ago was the P0430 which im guessing i have to change my cats.
I hope this **** doesnt return
I live in NY and winter is upon us!!

Old 11-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by vashawn
This just happened to me on sunday when i started my car, but with the all 3 lights. brake, vdc and slip.
Brake light turned off when i made a turn and the other 2 turned off 5 hrs later.
I then added brake fluid on monday which the level was on min.
The only code i had which was from a month ago was the P0430 which im guessing i have to change my cats.
I hope this **** doesnt return
I live in NY and winter is upon us!!
My vdc and slip light have been on for nine months. Never had my break light come on. NY well then you know how it's abou the same for us.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
VDC/Slip lights don't have anything to do with the brake light coming on. Not sure why everyone keeps mentioning it. While they are all dealing traction issues, they are independent of each other.

If your VDC/Slip light is on, that could be any number of things. It could be simply a sensor OR it could be a module OR it could be a fuse OR it could be tire pressure/wheels (i.e aftermarket wheels, under/overinflated tires although that's rare, bad wheel sensors). So, what I would do is ensure everything is in stock form FIRST. If that's in good working order, I would check fuses. Men spoke of you being able to pull a grey fuse in order to disable the VDC/SLIP function for happy fun time drifting. So, I would find that fuse and make sure it's good to go.

IF you do all that and everything checks out, your only other option is to take it in to a shop. The VDC/SLIP won't throw any codes that I'm aware of. In NY, we can't get an inspection if any codes are present in the ECM and my VDC/slip lights have been on ALMOST since I bought the car. It works because I disabled it for happy fun time drifting.

With snow tires and caution, you don't need VDC. I don't use either the few times I may drive my car in that white powder, but I've had RWD in the winter for the better part of my adult hood and I prefer not to have any kind of traction control.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by driftsucky
VDC/Slip lights don't have anything to do with the brake light coming on. Not sure why everyone keeps mentioning it. While they are all dealing traction issues, they are independent of each other.

If your VDC/Slip light is on, that could be any number of things. It could be simply a sensor OR it could be a module OR it could be a fuse OR it could be tire pressure/wheels (i.e aftermarket wheels, under/overinflated tires although that's rare, bad wheel sensors). So, what I would do is ensure everything is in stock form FIRST. If that's in good working order, I would check fuses. Men spoke of you being able to pull a grey fuse in order to disable the VDC/SLIP function for happy fun time drifting. So, I would find that fuse and make sure it's good to go.

IF you do all that and everything checks out, your only other option is to take it in to a shop. The VDC/SLIP won't throw any codes that I'm aware of. In NY, we can't get an inspection if any codes are present in the ECM and my VDC/slip lights have been on ALMOST since I bought the car. It works because I disabled it for happy fun time drifting.

With snow tires and caution, you don't need VDC. I don't use either the few times I may drive my car in that white powder, but I've had RWD in the winter for the better part of my adult hood and I prefer not to have any kind of traction control.

Thank you and everything on the car is stock beiside 2" drop and exhaust. I was looking at the wire daigram and seen that the g has a steering sensor. My car ailment is off so do you think that could have something to with it cause if the ecu or g sensor is reading that it is not zeroed out. It could cause it to throw the vdc/slip.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts
Sounds like the steering angle sensor needs to be reset. If the car was aligned once it was lowered, the steering angle sensor could have gotten thrown out of sync

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: vdc off and slip light on