G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just got my G35c - everyone trying to race

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 07:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my G35c - everyone trying to race

I just got my coupe (AT w/ Premium Pkg) 2 weeks ago and LOOOVEEE it..... I can see why there are websites and forums dedicated to this car. One funny thing about having this car is that everyone on the street seems to want to race me..Its hysterical... i wont oblige yet as i want to break the engine in and chg the oil at 1k first. I dont have a 6mt, and no mods and am aware there are plenty of cars that can take me, however, some guys that try to race me are delusional... Been challenged by a guy in a 4door accord, a guy in a Ford Explorer(hahaha) and 1 guy last night at a red light started revving his engine and looking at me, he had a Benz hatchback (forgot the model name) Was he serious/??? Are people kidding themselves thinking they are going to win or do they just like to race whether they win or lose...???

Old 02-08-2005, 08:15 AM
it's all about the race, doesnt matter if i loose however winning is a plus.

raced a modded (found out after the race lol) Grand national with my prelude. pulled on me like a rocket and I was a hundai.

ppp

Old 02-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Haha. Yeah, get used to it. Here in SoCal, I get punk kids in civics, accords, integras, subarus, Evos, and 240sx's trying to race me down. Then I get the older crowd like the 911s and the Z4s which try to show me up. But what mystifies me to this day are the other G35s and the 350Z's which try to race me.

Anyway, i'm always up for a good run. I like giving those Mercedes C230 Hatchbacks a bit of buyers remorse once in a while. Those drivers think their so fast. But if I raced everybody who challenged me, I'd be racing 24/7.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:59 PM
It's so funny. More people want to race me in the G35 than in the Z06. Shortly after I got the G35, some guy pulled up along side me about 11 at night (with nobody else on the road) with a riced out late model Celica. He had the whole array of ricer goodies. Fart can, huge wing, etc.. We were at the light, he was revving his car trying to get me to race. I didn't look over, but when the light turned green, I nailed it. It wasn't even a contest. I looked in the rear view mirror and the guy sheepishly pulled over to the far lane and then turned off. He didn't want to take a chance at pulling up along side me again at the next light about a half mile down the road.

Sal

Old 02-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BrooklynG
I just got my coupe (AT w/ Premium Pkg) 2 weeks ago and LOOOVEEE it..... I can see why there are websites and forums dedicated to this car. One funny thing about having this car is that everyone on the street seems to want to race me..Its hysterical... i wont oblige yet as i want to break the engine in and chg the oil at 1k first. I dont have a 6mt, and no mods and am aware there are plenty of cars that can take me, however, some guys that try to race me are delusional... Been challenged by a guy in a 4door accord, a guy in a Ford Explorer(hahaha) and 1 guy last night at a red light started revving his engine and looking at me, he had a Benz hatchback (forgot the model name) Was he serious/??? Are people kidding themselves thinking they are going to win or do they just like to race whether they win or lose...???
LOL. This is funny because this thought went through my mind last night when I was driving the car home from work (first day driving it to work). I've noticed a lot of stares, but I try to avoid eye contact because I'm really not interested in racing and risk getting caught which raises my $500/6mo premium, or worse, crashing. I've driven a 95 Maxima for the last 7 years and I want to enjoy the G as long as possible.

Although, once this car is broken in (only 150 miles on it so far) and I get comfortable with the handling of the car, getting froggy seems like a natural response to driving this machine.

js.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:47 PM
I always find these posts funny
Ive owned my G for a week and havent been challenged to race once and Ive in fact never seen a G here race before
Theres so many here in Southern California theyre really nothing special

Old 02-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Haven't had anyone try to race me.. alot of stares and people checking it out but no one has tried to race.

I got more challenges in my "sleeper" accord.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Same with me, i can't find anyone for the life of me that wants to run...Actually once and M3 but I was coming off a slight roll and he was at a stand still...I had him, lol and then he shifted into 2nd and I just laughed to myself...Those things are insane

Old 02-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
[QUOTE=ck700sl Then I get the older crowd like the 911s and the Z4s which try to show me up.

so ur saying u can beat a porsche with ur G?

Old 02-08-2005, 07:51 PM
hey, what part of brooklyn are u from? im from bensonhurst

Old 02-08-2005, 07:56 PM
i wish more people would want to race me. i get bored on the road!

Old 02-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Just saw your location, Brooklyn/Stony Brook.. Do you drive your G to stony? I've noticed a lot more G's on campus this semester, parked next to a black one today. I think mine is the dirtiest out of all that i've seen. Snow melting and kicking up nasty water so figure i'll wait for washing and waxing once it's all gone.

rs

Originally Posted by henryG
hey, what part of brooklyn are u from? im from bensonhurst

Old 02-08-2005, 09:22 PM
I've only had one person challenge me out here and it was one of the new civic hatchbacks. My friend and I looked at him like he was stupid and pulled off to get food. I do however get ALOT of people following me just to check out the car and I get alot of complements.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:50 PM
I have an '05 6mt lr and people think that means I want to race. I have 350 miles and still keeping easy during the break-in. Needless to say there have been many who thought I wanted to race. While at a light a neon reved his engine and then floored it - thinking that he beat me in a race. I also had a subaru wagon that wanted to race... he "beat" me as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got my G35c - everyone trying to race