G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Saying goodbye to my baby. Partout? Input needed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts
Cool Saying goodbye to my baby. Partout? Input needed!

Hi guys,

I understand this is in the wrong section, but there is a fraction of traffic in the proper section, and I would really appreciate some help and input from the community I've done the same for.

I purchased my Caribbean Blue coupe 11/2009 with 30k on the clock, it currently has 120k. I am the second owner and for being an 11 year old car, the paint and interior are in fantastic shape. She has been babied and very well taken care of, all maint. performed by me. Anyways, cutting to the chase: For the past few months, I've been considering selling and moving on to a HR 350z/370z. I have installed some quality performance parts over the years and I'm unsure whether to part the car or sell it as is. (I'm sure some of you will say keep the parts if you get the Z33, but I am planning on keeping it stock for awhile.) Overall, I'm looking to maximize my resale value of the car and the aftermarket parts. I understand that I will not gain back what I purchased the parts for. Ultimately, would I fetch an overall higher value (parts + car) in a private party sale with the parts on or stock w/ parts sold individually? Basically, the car is getting up in mileage and I'm unsure whether the sale value would be best propped up with the parts. I sincerely appreciate all replies!

It's been a long ride with many great memories made. I really appreciate all the help I've received and it has been a pleasure being part of the G35 community. Sadly though, it is time to begin closing this chapter and starting a new one. Luckily I'm not leaving the Nissan family

Some of the mods:
Motordyne 5/16 spacer
-MREV2
-ART pipes
-TDX V2
Michelin Pilot Super Sports (fresh set on a few days ago)
Nismo Differential Cover w/ 3.7 VLSD
Hotchkis Sways
SPC Front & Rear camber kits
06-07 OEM Projectors
And much more.

TL;DR: Will I profit more by selling my modded car as is or parting out then selling the car?

Old 05-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
A car is worth what someone is willing to pay. You either need to find someone that will buy the car and do these mods, or take a hit by selling it for at or below the price unmodded. If either of my parents bought the car I have not from me, they would question every mod, bringing down the price.

You should consider selling this car fully modded and see what bites you get. Do Michelin PSS really count? A buyer is going to complain about the noise .

Mods are light, and easy to pull. Your choice if you want to pull some of them off. Pulling all of those would take about a day.

Good luck!

Old 05-06-2014, 11:53 PM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
i would pull the mods. the closer to stock you get it, the closer to blue book value you will get. then sell the aftermarket parts on the forums. if a normal consumer were to look at the car, they will have a lot of reservations about buying a modded car unless the price was really low. BUT car nuts tend to take better care of their cars soooo... up to you. if you feel lazy try and sell as is, but otherwise i would take it back to stock.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Cars are always worth considerably more in stock form when regarding a general audience. Pull the mods. You'll get more for the car (as well as have an easier time getting rid of it) and you'll be able to sell the premium parts.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
I would say part it and sell the car....

Motordyne 5/16 spacer 75?
-MREV2 200? Dont know a fair price
-ART pipes 700
-TDX V2
Michelin Pilot Super Sports (fresh set on a few days ago) Sell on the car
Nismo Differential Cover w/ 3.7 VLSD Dunno.....
Hotchkis Sways 200
SPC Front & Rear camber kits 250
06-07 OEM Projectors 500

Do what you want as far as pricing im just saying you could get a grand or two maybe..... Then sell the car...

Old 05-07-2014, 02:34 AM
Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
A car is worth what someone is willing to pay. You either need to find someone that will buy the car and do these mods, or take a hit by selling it for at or below the price unmodded. If either of my parents bought the car I have not from me, they would question every mod, bringing down the price.

You should consider selling this car fully modded and see what bites you get. Do Michelin PSS really count? A buyer is going to complain about the noise .

Mods are light, and easy to pull. Your choice if you want to pull some of them off. Pulling all of those would take about a day.

Good luck!
The PSS would count for anyone looking to drive spirited of any level. Since the tires are so new, I'd actually consider holding onto them for the Z. They're phenominal tires and do great on the noise level compared to others in its class. I've tried a lot of tires, very happy with these.

Appreciate all the input guys. I feel as if I don't find an enthusiast such as ourselves to purchase the car, the mods won't count for chit. On the plus side, my OEM projectors have appreciated quite substantially since I purchased them new in 09!

Old 05-07-2014, 04:31 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Had to post a part out after I spent $3K in upgrades... LOLOL

I will say, I've seen this car in person....
It's in amazing shape and sounds super sexy!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Name:  vulcher.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  47.3 KB

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (05-07-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 01:06 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
I parted out all my aftermarket parts and sold the car stock. Had to buy all the original parts back though. 18'' stock coupe wheels. Stock sedan suspension. Stock front bumper, side skirts, and grille.
Sold my works for more than what I paid used sold my tein coilovers for almost what I paid. Sold my Nismo front bumper and Nismo skirts for a good price.
Over all, I doubled what carmax offered me.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by GR6RR
I parted out all my aftermarket parts and sold the car stock. Had to buy all the original parts back though. 18'' stock coupe wheels. Stock sedan suspension. Stock front bumper, side skirts, and grille.
That's why i kept all my original parts. I figure I wouldn't get much for em anyway.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Pull the easy-to-remove mods and sell them. Leave the PITA ones on there.

You can probably get some money just selling the stock parts too if you sell them, so it may not be worth it to spend a bunch of time to put stock parts back on just to sell it as stock only to sell the aftermarket parts for a tiny bit more than the stock ones.