G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fogs ON or Fog OFF? Your Opinion!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fogs ON or Fog OFF? Your Opinion!

For those who have stock fogs (non HID/Xenon)...do you drive with them on or off? I am trying to decide whether to keep the clean look of the Xenons only or max out my light visibility. How do you drive it?

I am thinking about matching the lower lights with the upper Xenons later on, so please don't suggest I change them.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always keep mine on. I never realy thought that the just xenons looked any cleaner. You might as well use them since you payed for them.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:03 PM
As of right now, you should leave them off until you match up your HIDs. Yellow just doesn't look right on a car like the G. You should also think about upgrading the HIDs first, to at least 6K, the match it up with the fogs after. I've heard good things about the silver star blubs, but I believe they only output to 4K, which is good enough for HID like look.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Banned
off, unless its raining, or foggy...

yeah, match them then you can have them all the way on, it makes it look bad, looks too different...

Old 02-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Off, unless raining, snowing, or foggy. It actually bugs me when everybody drives with these things on. Not that much on G35, but with some vehicles, many times they are mis-aligned! I think in some states, it's still illegal to drive with them on unless conditions warrant them, but rarely do they cite you unless they have a safety campaign on or something.

Old 02-12-2005, 05:52 PM
MyG37 Administrator

Off unless you change the bulbs to match the headlights. Otherwise it looks bad.

Old 02-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also think they look bad when lit next to my HID's...but hell, sometimes the
functionality goes over and beyond cosmetics when going down a dark foggy road
where there could be pot holes, etc.

I'd like to swap those bulbs out...what bulb size were they? (I know, i should search,
but too lazy since bulbs are not a priority for me...thanks).

Old 02-12-2005, 06:46 PM
I leave them on.. just because but you should be aware that your housings will crack inside eventually. They will replace them under warranty. But its a real hassle getting your headlights aligned properly and whatnot after the work is done. I just had mine replaced. You wouldnt even know yours were cracked unless you looked really closely for a hairline crack between the upper and lower reflector.

Old 02-12-2005, 06:50 PM
both sides...

http://www.timware.org/g/l_headlight.jpg

http://www.timware.org/g/r_headlight.jpg

bummer.. I should have left them alone.. They didnt tighten the bumper properly afterwards... and the lights werent aligned. and this was from one of the best dealerships. You may not want to fix it even if you find the cracks on yours. I will probably start turning off the fogs and not using the highbeams very often... although in the south, you really need to see wildlife from a distance at night.

Old 02-12-2005, 06:59 PM
I leave them on- I like seeing more of the pavement. Down here in FL I ran over a turtle in my 300ZX once. I've switched the high/fogs on the G to PIAA Super Plasma GT-X which have a bluish hue which goes well with my CB G.

Old 02-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Off, unless there's rain or fog

OR

unless you wanna look like an arrogant bimmer driver who turns on fog lights on a clear day (note: I own a BMW & even I think that's stupid). Although I've noticed that AUDI drivers are even WORSE now. 99% of the Audi's I see in the streets turn on their fog lights like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Old 02-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
I always have them on, changed both to 8000k you can check out mine!

Old 02-12-2005, 09:15 PM
unless you wanna look like an arrogant
or you just want to be as visible as possible so idiots dont pull out in front of you. I rarely have people change lanes on me or whatever when I'm running in the day with my lights on. I dont really care what they think as long as they know I'm there.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by coolsk8er
Off, unless there's rain or fog

OR

unless you wanna look like an arrogant bimmer driver who turns on fog lights on a clear day (note: I own a BMW & even I think that's stupid). Although I've noticed that AUDI drivers are even WORSE now. 99% of the Audi's I see in the streets turn on their fog lights like it's the best thing since sliced bread.
I think it looks good, as a previous Audi owner, I too used my fog lights everynight, makes the car stand out a little more from afar.

Attached Thumbnails Fogs ON or Fog OFF? Your Opinion!-2005_ext_gallery10_a4sedan_lg.jpg  
Old 02-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Im with the majority here...I leave mine off, I cant stand the yellowish look of them...Once I change them out, Ill drive with them on...But for now the car looks more high class with them off...It was bad enough that Infiniti screwed us by not giving us the projectors that the "Z" has, but on top of that they gave us crap *** **** yellow bulbs for our fogs...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fogs ON or Fog OFF? Your Opinion!