G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2005, why no Brembo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Sig
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2005, why no Brembo?

What was the logic behind this? Are there still upgraded brakes offered or do all models get the same brakes in '05?

Old 02-12-2005, 11:32 PM
This happened simply because after I purchased my 04 6mt, I called Infiniti and requested that I'd be one of the last to own Brembo's...They weren't sure if they could do this for me at first, but they eventually budged...lol I think they did it for cost savings, the performance in stopping distance in the brakes they have on the 05 now is not much different then the Brembo's of 03-04...But if you took the two sets and tested them at a track the results would be very different, the Brembo's can take the punishment much better and longer then the 05's brakes can...They were most certainly one of the main reasons I bought this car, I love em...

And to answer your 2nd question, NO!!! There are no upgraded brakes, they are the same now on all 05 models...Atleast I'm pretty sure...lol

Old 02-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
This happened simply because after I purchased my 04 6mt, I called Infiniti and requested that I'd be one of the last to own Brembo's...They weren't sure if they could do this for me at first, but they eventually budged...lol I think they did it for cost savings, the performance in stopping distance in the brakes they have on the 05 now is not much different then the Brembo's of 03-04...But if you took the two sets and tested them at a track the results would be very different, the Brembo's can take the punishment much better and longer then the 05's brakes can...They were most certainly one of the main reasons I bought this car, I love em...

And to answer your 2nd question, NO!!! There are no upgraded brakes, they are the same now on all 05 models...Atleast I'm pretty sure...lol

LOL! The Brembos are great. They have been perfect so far for me (3000 miles). They were apparently dropped to cover the cost of all the interior improvements and still keeping the price with just a moderate increase. Nissan didn't drop the Brembos from the '05 350Z Track model, and they're on the '05 350Z 30th Anniversary model as well. Chrysler put Brembos on their 300C SRT-8. All of the G Coupe brakes are the same now. I'd rather have the Brembos than the interior improvements any day. That's why I bought an '04 back in November (plus, they discontinued Caribbean Blue).

Old 02-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by gspotter
LOL! The Brembos are great. They have been perfect so far for me (3000 miles). They were apparently dropped to cover the cost of all the interior improvements and still keeping the price with just a moderate increase. Nissan didn't drop the Brembos from the '05 350Z Track model, and they're on the '05 350Z 30th Anniversary model as well. Chrysler put Brembos on their 300C SRT-8. All of the G Coupe brakes are the same now. I'd rather have the Brembos than the interior improvements any day. That's why I bought an '04 back in November (plus, they discontinued Caribbean Blue).
You need to do a search on the problems people have had with the brembos.
I bet the 2005 brakes are just as good as the brembos. Trust me the 2005 car will kick the crap out of the 2004. Infiniti corp. Knows what way why are going. Its forward" Not stopping with old crap that does not work.

And by the way where did you people get your test results??? Lets see some facts!

Last edited by GEE PASTA; 02-13-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by NOS GEE
You need to do a search on the problems people have had with the brembos.
I bet the 2005 brakes are just as good as the brembos. Trust me the 2005 car will kick the crap out of the 2004. Infiniti corp. Knows what way why are going. Its forward" Not stopping with old crap that does not work.

And by the way where did you people get your test results??? Lets see some facts!
Like I said before, theres is not a performance difference in terms of everyday driving...BUT, if you plan on going to track events and things of that nature the Brembo's WILL out last the 05 brakes...This is common knowledge around the forum...I wasn't even trying to say one is better then the other, but of course someone like yourself decided to take it that way...O and by the way, show me exactly where in my post I mentioned anything about the test results have shown? Done searching? It doesn't say it anywhere, I said that if you took the 2 to a track and "tested" that the results would vary between the two...This was not meant to be one of those 04 vs 05 debates, they are the same damn car...And I'm proud to be a part of the family no matter what year I own...Leave it to you to start the "05's are better, and will kick the crap out of the 04's" comments...I got an idea, if your so hung on how different the 2 are then start a G352005DRIVER.COM forum...

Last edited by G35Tuning; 02-13-2005 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:23 AM
I got an idea, if your so hung on how different the 2 are then start a G352005DRIVER.COM forum...
LOL ........

Old 02-13-2005, 05:31 AM
Yeah, arguing about years, features, performance, breaks, etc. makes no sense, especially with the G. All the changes from 04 -> 05 are little to none (Interior, cosmetic, minor engine change), and can be had with a DIY manual. The reason why car manufacturers change minor details is to keep the car fresh, and people yearning for the next years model. It looks like Infiniti has done its job......

I'd rather enjoy my car, then argue over pettyness and exhibit the insecure nature that most people have that want to have the 'best".

And as well, I chose between an 04 and 05, and liked the 04 interior more than the 05. Just because its an 04 or 05 had nothing to do with my choice, as Im going for what i like, and not what i can brag about...

Old 02-13-2005, 05:54 AM
if you plan on going to track events and things of that nature the Brembo's WILL out last the 05 brakes...This is common knowledge around the forum

That's strange. . . I didn't know anyone had taken an 05 to the track yet. Especially for a back to back comparison with an 04. How exactly do you know which brakes will hold up better on a track?

Last edited by Jahan; 02-13-2005 at 05:57 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:06 AM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
I read before that nissan made test for 04 G35 coupe and sedan for the breakes. And you guys know that sedan come with normal breaks.
they got result that sedan with normal brakes can stop quiker than coupe so I guess this is the reasone why do they take it off in the 05!!

Last edited by GTT; 02-13-2005 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:46 AM
Like I said before, theres is not a performance difference in terms of everyday driving...BUT, if you plan on going to track events and things of that nature the Brembo's WILL out last the 05 brakes...This is common knowledge around the forum... ...
Do you have any basis whatsoever for making this claim - aside from a combination of repeating it often or wishful thinking?

Old 02-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Jahan
That's strange. . . I didn't know anyone had taken an 05 to the track yet. Especially for a back to back comparison with an 04. How exactly do you know which brakes will hold up better on a track?

Why did Nissan KEEP the Brembos on the 350Z Track model and put them on the new 350Z 30th Anniversary model? If the Brembos are worse than the Nissan brakes, why doesn't Nissan put them on the cheaper 350Z models and put the Nissan brakes on their top two 350Z models?

Old 02-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by gspotter
... If the Brembos are worse than the Nissan brakes, why doesn't Nissan put them on the cheaper 350Z models and put the Nissan brakes on their top two 350Z models?
Who said "the Brembos are worse than the Nissan brakes"? The point being made is that no one is aware of any testing results on the "new" brakes so it is not known how they perform compared to any other brakes - Brembo included. Sheesh.

Old 02-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Here is a thread with the same question in mind:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=Brembo

Old 02-13-2005, 11:46 AM
I guess its wishful thinking, LOL...Can you 05 guys give it a rest? I said 10 times over that this is not an 04 vs 05 thread...IMO "if that helps all of you", the 04 Brembo's on the TRACK will outlast the 05 brakes...It seems as though you guys all waited for 05's figuring that absolutely everything would be better then the 04's and now your all pissy because you have to defend the fact that they don't come with Brembo's...You guys should relax, nobody is appointing you as the lawyers for the 05's vs the people trial...Ill tell you what though, since its my opinion I'd be more then willing to test it out...Whenever one of you is ready to bring you car to a track event let me know...We'll bring others with us and test them out...

Old 02-13-2005, 11:52 AM
I heard they made the change b/c they were having to change the pads or something every 7500 miles. Whatever. I was a little disappointed when it showed up without the Brembos though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005, why no Brembo?