G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What do we do when there are no more mods to do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 02:09 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
I don't want coilovers. I couldn't stand to go any lower because of scrapage. I already have enough of a hard time going over shib as it is, plus, I like it stiff. Haha

Just put on a rear sway today. I'm thinking about a front one, but the rear is the real weak point. But, yeah, I still got a few things just thinking about in a few months when I start running out if stuff.
haha didn't know you had messed with sways :P as far as coils go Mine aren't much lower than your springs and I'm pretty sure they're much stiffer. because as I'm sure you know all the ladies like a stiff ride

Old 10-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Post pic of your ride!

My car looks stock as **** except for the stance. But that's how I want it. But yeah, I'll probably get an 06 sport bumper or a nismo bumper, some sport sides, and still thinking about HFCs. But that's kind of it.. I have always been able to look forward to the next thing... Can't really imagine not being able to that no more. Haha
You haven't scratched the surface on mods Gdirtyfive! You posted you did a rear sway bar and you're "thinking" about the front? Get a front sway bar and adjustable endlinks so you'll go around corners flat. You don't want coilovers, how about Tokico D Spec shocks that are adjustable? Thinking about HFCs, that's a good way to pickup 8 whp but if you have a OE exhaust you won't like the rasp they create. It's like putting 1 lb of **** in an 8 oz. cup. You're not even close to running out of mods and you've been here long enough to see what works and what doesn't!
Gary

Old 10-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
You haven't scratched the surface on mods Gdirtyfive! You posted you did a rear sway bar and you're "thinking" about the front? Get a front sway bar and adjustable endlinks so you'll go around corners flat. You don't want coilovers, how about Tokico D Spec shocks that are adjustable? Thinking about HFCs, that's a good way to pickup 8 whp but if you have a OE exhaust you won't like the rasp they create. It's like putting 1 lb of **** in an 8 oz. cup. You're not even close to running out of mods and you've been here long enough to see what works and what doesn't!
Gary
I don't have a stock exhaust. I also don't want coilovers. There's no point if I like the way the pro kit rides. Coilovers are really only for if you want adjustability. My whole suspension is modded out. Only thing I'm looking for now is chassis bracing.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
That's when you just drive the car and enjoy

Old 10-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
That's when you just drive the car and enjoy
BOOOOORRRIING. haha jk

Maybe I'll paint my gas door black. That's probably worth 5hp.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
7HP if you do flat black

The following users liked this post:
thegreatkwijibo (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 12:32 PM
I don't have a stock exhaust. I also don't want coilovers. There's no point if I like the way the pro kit rides. Coilovers are really only for if you want adjustability. My whole suspension is modded out. Only thing I'm looking for now is chassis bracing.
Aftermarket exhaust? Next mod should be HFCs, I suggest Fast Intentions! Your whole suspension is modded? Why are you thinking about a front sway bar?
Gary

Old 10-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Aftermarket exhaust? Next mod should be HFCs, I suggest Fast Intentions! Your whole suspension is modded? Why are you thinking about a front sway bar?
Gary
Yeah, I'm still figuring out if I want HFCs. If they won't pass smog I don't want em. The only part of my suspension that is stock is the front sway bar at this point. The rear one is the weak point, the front one is pretty beefy stock. Still on the fence. Anywho..yeah, chassis bracing is my next thaaang. Well after I get the new stereo and shib all installed.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:27 PM
HFCs are not legal in CA., however they make our G35s sound so good it's a shame not to enjoy what they create. Switching from HFCs to OEs and back is all that's required every two years...Gary

Old 10-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
HFCs are not legal in CA., however they make our G35s sound so good it's a shame not to enjoy what they create. Switching from HFCs to OEs and back is all that's required every two years...Gary
And it's so simple to do evey other year. I gotta say I am definitely enjoying my lousy $200 investment in some used hfc's. It's a night and day difference on the way my Invidia gemini system sounds.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
No more mods???
Just about everything is illegal in CA. Like mentioned above, just swap the HFC's out when need be. Front sway bars are relatively cheap and are an improvement over stock. Might as well get one since it is also very easy to install.

Do a wire tuck, that will keep you occupied for a while.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
No more mods???
Just about everything is illegal in CA. Like mentioned above, just swap the HFC's out when need be. Front sway bars are relatively cheap and are an improvement over stock. Might as well get one since it is also very easy to install.

Do a wire tuck, that will keep you occupied for a while.
Well, I know this isn't a popular stance, but my stance on HFCs isn't necessarily about switching em out during smog time, its actual emissions. I don't really wanna run them if they don't do a good job of burning emissions.

Wire tuck and engine dressing will probably become a thing tho. Like jersey said, I'll smoke some crack and get a wire brush.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Understandable.
Easy solution, a hot turbo does a good job at burning off the pollutants in exhaust gases too

The following users liked this post:
thegreatkwijibo (10-10-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Well, I know this isn't a popular stance, but my stance on HFCs isn't necessarily about switching em out during smog time, its actual emissions. I don't really wanna run them if they don't do a good job of burning emissions. Wire tuck and engine dressing will probably become a thing tho. Like jersey said, I'll smoke some crack and get a wire brush.
me and my busted knuckles wish it was that easy..

Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,017 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
me and my busted knuckles wish it was that easy..
Is getting in a fight related to polishing your engine materials?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do we do when there are no more mods to do?