G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Lowest Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Sweet, two threads with the exact same question.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was an accident the browser spazzed.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:50 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
I can post pics of mine if wanted. I am on 350z eibach sportlines. I am on stock struts but I am upgrading to 350z tokico D spec's and whiteline bushings as soon as they show up. I am on 20" rims and tucking pretty hard for springs. I wouldn't wanna go lower if i could. Its low for sure lol. I scrape a bit but i contribute that to the fact that my struts and bushings are trashed. I plan to stiffen up the ride with whiteline bushings this weekend and swap struts as soon as they arrive.

Don't do these springs on stock struts, they wont last long. As for the ride height, its low but I love it. I considered going coils but I don't plan on adjusting my ride height. In my experience once I found the height I wanted it never changed & this gave me that height.

I dont feel like digging for pictures, so you get the most recent ones.

Name:  247CFA28-3BE8-4884-9640-B9C0E5A1E59B_zpsrmsllr7n.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  58.5 KB

Name:  1AE0F529-D412-4F5A-B7B1-68F36D9F17AE_zpsxhugrbx6.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  E898E678-0DA2-4AC6-9000-69B28826766E_zpsediyq5im.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  80.1 KB

Old 01-28-2015, 12:19 AM
Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts
^ that Shet is slammed

Old 01-28-2015, 12:27 AM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
I'm willing to bet t the OP doesn't care about camber and doesn't plan to get coilovers.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by JKL1031
I'm willing to bet t the OP doesn't care about camber and doesn't plan to get coilovers.
I do plan to get Coilovers but the wheels I'm getting won't look right If I'm stick height so I want to go low enough for it be noticable but i want to get springs safe to run on stock struts. I will only consider can wrong the rear since it has adjustable toe.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by digital sol
i can post pics of mine if wanted. I am on 350z eibach sportlines. I am on stock struts but i am upgrading to 350z tokico d spec's and whiteline bushings as soon as they show up. I am on 20" rims and tucking pretty hard for springs. I wouldn't wanna go lower if i could. Its low for sure lol. I scrape a bit but i contribute that to the fact that my struts and bushings are trashed. I plan to stiffen up the ride with whiteline bushings this weekend and swap struts as soon as they arrive.

Don't do these springs on stock struts, they wont last long. As for the ride height, its low but i love it. I considered going coils but i don't plan on adjusting my ride height. In my experience once i found the height i wanted it never changed & this gave me that height.

omfg thats exactly what i want but i dont want to have to buy new struts. :''(

Old 01-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Do you guys at least think I run the G35 Coupe Eibach Prokits on stock struts for a while?

Old 01-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by privatecorye
Do you guys at least think I run the G35 Coupe Eibach Prokits on stock struts for a while?
I am not positive my struts are really blown at the moment. I just know my ride quality has been degrading lately and when I checked the suspension a few weeks ago I noticed I had a blown out lower ball joint. When I looked further into that I noticed my bushings were cracked and torn in just about every location on the front end of the car. I don't know if they were already torn or cracked before hand and it just started getting worse recently but I can tell a difference in ride quality from driving it now vs 6 months ago.

The stock struts might be fine and its only all these bushings causing the issue but I wont know until I pull them out & I wanted to upgrade to tokico blues. I found some dspec's for a great price instead & went with those. I am not saying you absolutely must upgrade struts but its a good idea as the oem struts are not designed for lowering springs & it can cause them to fail sooner from what I have seen in the past. If your upgrading to coils eventually I wouldn't worry to much about it, oem stock struts can be found used for cheap if you ever did need to go to 100% functional stock suspension.

I do think you should take a peak at your bushings though. I am trying to tackle replacing all of mine this weekend. I went with whiteline bushings. I highly recommend you check out the B2 vendor, I got a great price on them & they showed up within 2 days. The price was not the advertised pricing on their site so actually contact them directly for the best deal!

I can pull the struts this weekend and see if they are actually blown, my dspec's should be here in time to swap them out. Ive had this setup for probably close to a year now as my DD.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:27 PM
I am not positive my struts are really blown at the moment. I just know my ride quality has been degrading lately and when I checked the suspension a few weeks ago I noticed I had a blown out lower ball joint. When I looked further into that I noticed my bushings were cracked and torn in just about every location on the front end of the car. I don't know if they were already torn or cracked before hand and it just started getting worse recently but I can tell a difference in ride quality from driving it now vs 6 months ago.

The stock struts might be fine and its only all these bushings causing the issue but I wont know until I pull them out & I wanted to upgrade to tokico blues. I found some dspec's for a great price instead & went with those. I am not saying you absolutely must upgrade struts but its a good idea as the oem struts are not designed for lowering springs & it can cause them to fail sooner from what I have seen in the past. If your upgrading to coils eventually I wouldn't worry to much about it, oem stock struts can be found used for cheap if you ever did need to go to 100% functional stock suspension.

I do think you should take a peak at your bushings though. I am trying to tackle replacing all of mine this weekend. I went with whiteline bushings. I highly recommend you check out the B2 vendor, I got a great price on them & they showed up within 2 days. The price was not the advertised pricing on their site so actually contact them directly for the best deal!

I can pull the struts this weekend and see if they are actually blown, my dspec's should be here in time to swap them out. Ive had this setup for probably close to a year now as my DD.
Dude best reply ever. I recently got my lower control arm bushings changed this year. If they haven't been changed by previous owner they're probably gone bad. I'm trying to go on G35 Coupe Pro Kits because 350Z pro kits are .5 lower. I feel like I should be fine. I think I'll just replace struts as soon as I can. Mine would be DD but I don't go fast and hardcore on my suspension. I think pro kits will put where I want to be and I could properly maintenance them? So I should get Pro Kits, Camber Kit Front and Back?

Old 01-28-2015, 06:53 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
I don't think there is any lowering spring (for the g) that is wicked harsh for the factory struts. They are mostly progressive with initially lower spring rates.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:34 PM
I can post pics of mine if wanted. I am on 350z eibach sportlines. I am on stock struts but I am upgrading to 350z tokico D spec's and whiteline bushings as soon as they show up. I am on 20" rims and tucking pretty hard for springs. I wouldn't wanna go lower if i could. Its low for sure lol. I scrape a bit but i contribute that to the fact that my struts and bushings are trashed. I plan to stiffen up the ride with whiteline bushings this weekend and swap struts as soon as they arrive.

Don't do these springs on stock struts, they wont last long. As for the ride height, its low but I love it. I considered going coils but I don't plan on adjusting my ride height. In my experience once I found the height I wanted it never changed & this gave me that height.

I have a few questions.

Do you think it's safe for me to do your same setup just get the 350Z sport lines and throw them on OEM struts?

Do you have a camber kit? Do you think it's necessary?

Any other suggestions? I don't want fender gap just a nice low to meet wheels. I'm really trying to dodge camber kits for a while.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:45 PM
I went down this road when I started modding too- I just wanted springs and no camber kits. They are a smart option but not a necessity. Id say ur best bet is to get G Eibach sportlines and stick with ur oem shocks. Ur shocks will be fine with the drop, just make sure u clean them before reinstalling them so the lower shock position won't be over the dirty line that was set by the previous position. This is what can lead to leaky or blown shocks. I wanted to start with just springs like you but I ended going Tein springs+ 20" rims+ front Kinetix A-arms+ rear SPC arms+ front and rear Stillen sways+ front and rear dampening adjustable Koni shocks. Now I'm happy and it handles like a fackin big go-kart.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by PLENUMCOUPE
I went down this road when I started modding too- I just wanted springs and no camber kits. They are a smart option but not a necessity. Id say ur best bet is to get G Eibach sportlines and stick with ur oem shocks. Ur shocks will be fine with the drop, just make sure u clean them before reinstalling them so the lower shock position won't be over the dirty line that was set by the previous position. This is what can lead to leaky or blown shocks. I wanted to start with just springs like you but I ended going Tein springs+ 20" rims+ front Kinetix A-arms+ rear SPC arms+ front and rear Stillen sways+ front and rear dampening adjustable Koni shocks. Now I'm happy and it handles like a fackin big go-kart.
You think I'll be good with just the stock adjustable rear camber toe? I need you to school a little more, because people keep saying you NEED you NEED, and your tires blah blah blah. Tires will lose tread regardless. I'm just going to daily it, and barely even daily it. I really want the sport lines because I don't want any fender gap, but I'm just trying to hear the opinions. I'm in a rush to go low until I get Coilovers or new struts and don't feel like being stock height until then. But I still just want it to be a safe ride to worry about tires, eh but to worry about car struts is another problem.

Last edited by privatecorye; 01-28-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:16 PM
Your rear camber and toe will be fine. It's the front camber arms that are non adjustable. You will have a slight negative camber. No big deal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowest Lowering Springs