G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New, but not so newbie!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New, but not so newbie!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I've been lurking around for about 6 months. I really have not needed to post anything because I do not own a G35. I have a 04 Pontiac GTO. My brother is the one with the 04 G35 Coupe 6-speed. I know he is in this forum somewhere . Anyways I think you people are cool and seem to know what your talking about. I have a few questions that probably could be answered here. But first I'd like to tell you alittle about my brothers history. It may help you answer some of my questions. We modded a WRX heavily, but as a daily driver it turned into something of a sling shot and was no longer able to be driven normally. Those of you that have driven a heavily modded Rex can understand. So he sold it and got a G35. I protested because he was already giving up such a fast car. But he bought the G-ride and I could not do anything about it. Recently, he has gotten the bug again, so he purchased a Z-tube and pop-charger. He hasn't recieved the parts yet so I can't discuss what kind off power or sound he got. So we are talking about doing a few more things that may enhance performance, but we are also talking about what gains they may give or the type of sounds we might get or will this car have drivability issues afterwards. Money is also an issue because he spent a boat load on the Rex. He just wants a good looking G35 that sounds good and something with alittle more power to be able to keep up with my GTO. I mentioned to him that more bolt-ons would help like: a Stillen exhaust, Crawford plenum, pulleys, Crawford cats, DC headers, and mabe a Technosquare ECU to complete the package on the power and sound side. I added everything up and it came out to about $3000 to $3500. He's OK with that but wants to now what he'll gain from this. Is it going to be obnoxiously loud? What kind of hp or torque gains will he see? Is this thing going to pick up a second in the 1/4 mile. I know this stuff has been posted many times but I would like my brother to see this from this thread. Thank you for giving us some answers.

Old 02-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Well I would get z-tube and k&n Dropin which is very safe combination.. I didn't get exhaust because they are too loud and didn't notice a big difference in performance. I would invest some money in wheels. ^^

Old 02-20-2005, 12:46 PM
Wow, so you people mean to tell me nobody has done the mods listed above to their G35 and taken it to the track or dyno???? Am I in the wrong forum????

Old 02-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Go to my350z.com. Those guys over there are far more into modding than the crowd over here. Plenty of dynos, video, and track runs with mods.

Old 02-20-2005, 02:21 PM
I have a 2k4 G coupe. I installed the Z tube with a K&N filter and a Borla true dual exhaust. With these mods alone there is a differance in the perfomance that you can feel. These mods won't make your brothers G to loud. Like I said, I have them and love them. I'm waiting on Crwaford to start shipping out thier new cast plenum before i get the ECU flash from Technosquare (this will keep me from having to have it reflashed after I install the new plenum).

By the way this is my daily driver and I also want it to perform well without giving up its normal driveability.

Last edited by mykmar10; 02-20-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Does Technosquare already have a flash for a G35 with plenum, headers, and cats? An intake and exhaust G35 should be a given.

Old 02-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Deang35c6
Go to my350z.com. Those guys over there are far more into modding than the crowd over here. Plenty of dynos, video, and track runs with mods.
I just registered there and it does look like they seem a bit more performance oriented. Thanks for recommending to me.