G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Upgrade Suggestion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by yosip1115
Buddie, care to list off a few of your favorite products for when I'm back on the road? I've never gone to high end waxes before but now that I got a new job... (Or you can tell me to search lol, but I would like your opinion)

OP if I was to do it again I would go right for FI. Skip the mods to get air in, just go right for exhaust. Best bang for your buck. You can waste a lot of time doing NA mods while drooling over FI guys #'s. Unless you're looking to make noise and be +40HP (maybe) after spending $5000, it's your best bet. I'm just saying I got a lot of tickets for noise, speeding, etc. and my car wasn't even fast with every bolt on you are thinking about buying for premo price. 13.9 quarter, 4.75 0-60. $7500 spent on parts alone just about.

Used vortech- $3500
Tune-$1000
Test pipes, Y and catback $1250
Injectors used $350
Fuel pump $100

Roughly $6500 spent if you can turn a wrench.

Aaaaand you'd be looking at 400WHP, 12.5 quarter, 4.25 0-60 if AT, quicker if MT.

Us guys here (not so much me) have been through it all before. Don't tick them off!
Proper detail is a 2-3 day process.
Wash - Chemical guys
Clay - (really all the same stuff from Auto magic with different labels) I have pinnacle because it was on sale
Cleaning Wheels - Sonax and Iron x
Polish - I usually use Rupes UHS or Mezera pf2500 depending on amount of correction needed
Sealant - Modesta bc-05, Opticoat Pro, Cquartz Finest (Optimum Gloss coat is pretty good too and cheap)
Wheels - Modesta bc-06
Windshield - ClearPlex
Exterior Trim - Optimum Trim Protect
Seats conditioning - Leatherique
Seats protectant - Optimum or Lexol
Interior cleaning - DP
Interior protectant - 303, Pinnacle or Optimum
Wax - Pinnacle black label, Sonax premium, Chemical Guys 5050, Auto finesse illusion

I agree with you on the rest 100%. After owning 2 G35s and a G37, I really really regret the money wasted on bolt on mods. Thousands wasted for negligible gains. If I could do it all over again, I would definitely have just done FI from the start.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (08-09-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Proper detail is a 2-3 day process.
Wash - Chemical guys
Clay - (really all the same stuff from Auto magic with different labels) I have pinnacle because it was on sale
Cleaning Wheels - Sonax and Iron x
Polish - I usually use Rupes UHS or Mezera pf2500 depending on amount of correction needed
Sealant - Modesta bc-05, Opticoat Pro, Cquartz Finest (Optimum Gloss coat is pretty good too and cheap)
Wheels - Modesta bc-06
Windshield - ClearPlex
Exterior Trim - Optimum Trim Protect
Seats conditioning - Leatherique
Seats protectant - Optimum or Lexol
Interior cleaning - DP
Interior protectant - 303, Pinnacle or Optimum
Wax - Pinnacle black label, Sonax premium, Chemical Guys 5050, Auto finesse illusion

I agree with you on the rest 100%. After owning 2 G35s and a G37, I really really regret the money wasted on bolt on mods. Thousands wasted for negligible gains. If I could do it all over again, I would definitely have just done FI from the start.

I'm totally going to buy all of those products... Thank you.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (08-09-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Again kiddo. Both my cars have glass coats and both are waxed every month, wax has ZERO problem adhering and lasting on either through rain and washes. Stop saying BS lines like sealant doesnt shine or wax wont stick. Unless you are only referring to garbage autozone products like Meguiars, your statements are dead wrong. Also sealant are not just so bugs/dirt doesnt stick. It's main purpose is paint protection mainly from UV and contaminants embedded in the clear coat. Also sealants provide the best temperature protection. BC-06 can withstand up to 2k degrees to protect wheels from brake dust and contaminants.

No Modesta, Cquartz, Opticoat are not designed for rich people. They are designed to be the best and for people who care enough about their cars to want the best.

Feel free to get back on topic, just stop spouting BS.
Everybody who cares about their car can't afford a $1800 coating job. Must be designed for poor people, then? I thought you were the "common sense enforcer"? Poor people are going to buy this?

Just the facts from Modesta:

"...creating long-lasting water-repellent characteristics and preventing adhesion..."

"...prevents impurities from sticking to the paint.."

"...protects the paint surface from dirt, acid, UV rays and scratches ..."

"This effect helps the coating to prevent the attachment of contaminants to the paint."

"...helps to protect the paint from all kinds of damage including wash-induced damages, scratches, oxidation, sap, watermarks, salts, acids and even permanent ink and paints."

I'm sure wax will stick to it just fine, because you said so! Because you are the common sense enforcer. And common sense that wax will stick.. while bird poop won't. Duh...

Most sealants won't have the deep gloss of a wax. But for $1800, it had better.

Last edited by Hatchman; 08-06-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Hatchman
Everybody who cares about their car can't afford a $1800 coating job. Must be designed for poor people, then? I thought you were the "common sense enforcer"? Poor people are going to buy this?

Just the facts from Modesta:

"...creating long-lasting water-repellent characteristics and preventing adhesion..."

"...prevents impurities from sticking to the paint.."

"...protects the paint surface from dirt, acid, UV rays and scratches ..."

"This effect helps the coating to prevent the attachment of contaminants to the paint."

"...helps to protect the paint from all kinds of damage including wash-induced damages, scratches, oxidation, sap, watermarks, salts, acids and even permanent ink and paints."

I'm sure wax will stick to it just fine, because you said so! Because you are the common sense enforcer. And common sense that wax will stick.. while bird poop won't. Duh...

Most sealants won't have the deep gloss of a wax. But for $1800, it had better.
Poor people shouldnt buy cars they cant afford to properly take care of. Not everyone wants the best, majority of people are happy with mediocre. Most cars on the road dont warrant top level protection anyways. I highly doubt your car is worth it, so it is probably better for you to stick to garbage meguiars wax from autozone.

Also that price is only for SUV with Modesta and paying a professional. A 1 step polish and Optimum gloss coat sealant job will only cost about $800 from a professional detailer. A proper detail and glass coat can be done at home in a couple days of work for only about $200 in materials (enough to do 10+ cars). You are the one crying that you want to do it yourself anyways. I use to detail my own cars years ago, but my time is worth more and it is just easier for me to pay someone now.

It doesnt stick fine because I said so. It sticks fine because thousands and thousands of people have it applied to their vehicles and have zero problems. Go on autotopia or autogeek and learn a thing or two before continuing to run your ignorant mouth.

The only reason MOST sealants dont have a deep gloss, is that MOST sealants are garbage. The market is flooded with crap products. But MOST quality sealants do have a nice gloss.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:15 PM
If you could cut down on the personal insults, I'd appreciate it. We are trying to share and learn on here. Thanks

Old 08-15-2015, 07:00 AM
Poor people shouldnt buy cars they cant afford to properly take care of. Not everyone wants the best, majority of people are happy with mediocre. Most cars on the road dont warrant top level protection anyways. I highly doubt your car is worth it, so it is probably better for you to stick to garbage meguiars wax from autozone.

So are you saying that a clean, well maintained, ten year old G35 isn't worth it? Which basically means every car on this forum isn't worth it, and you are insulting every G35driver... or are you saying MY car isn't worth it? Also, I never said I used Meguiars, and even if I did, what is wrong with somebody taking care of there care with what is readily available and actually works pretty well for the cost? I won't mention what I use here, but I think my car is worth taking care of and it looks fine.

Or maybe my other car is "worth it"?

Also that price is only for SUV with Modesta and paying a professional. A 1 step polish and Optimum gloss coat sealant job will only cost about $800 from a professional detailer. A proper detail and glass coat can be done at home in a couple days of work for only about $200 in materials (enough to do 10+ cars). You are the one crying that you want to do it yourself anyways. I use to detail my own cars years ago, but my time is worth more and it is just easier for me to pay someone now.

Crying? I'm not crying. I like taking care of my car myself, what is there to cry about? confused...

It doesnt stick fine because I said so. It sticks fine because thousands and thousands of people have it applied to their vehicles and have zero problems. Go on autotopia or autogeek and learn a thing or two before continuing to run your ignorant mouth.

Yeah, I asked around on those forums you mentioned and I couldn't find your thousands upon thousands of supporters. I did find this when I asked what wax to use on top of Modesta:

" I will never use a wax/sealant over a coating. I did test it - the issue is not whether the wax lasts or not, you will cover up the properties of the coating"

" Why after spending insane money on modesta would you want to wax it? "

" Nothing. You,will mess up the look and you won't gain any durability. You really missed the point if your asking this question. "

" Coatings are a higher end finish. The ones mentioned by you are ultra durable and IMHO better looking than any wax or sealant. They most likely won't stick but I've never tried. "

" I do not personally know of a wax that is meant to work on top of Modesta." - Detailer Domain

The only reason MOST sealants dont have a deep gloss, is that MOST sealants are garbage. The market is flooded with crap products. But MOST quality sealants do have a nice gloss.
All my above pics are with sealant. I guess the gloss is deep enough for me. I wouldn't call it garbage, but then again, I can't afford $1800 worth of Modesta so I guess I'll just be happy with it!

Have a great day!

Old 08-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Holy Crap, don't ya just love it when everyone has their panties in a wad?
Gary

Old 08-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Holy Crap, don't ya just love it when everyone has their panties in a wad?
Gary
"I'm not even wearing panties!" LOL, Pretty Woman quote.

No, I'm good, just laying out facts, as opposed to "spouting BS" like Buddie said.

I think he just tried to contact me using username "K_Dubb".

Old 08-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
The pictures ^ says it all!

I admit I've never used any type of sealant, never felt the need because I feel it wouldn't allow a shine any better than what I have. For the past 10 years I've used Griot's garage buffer, machine polish (fine scratches) and pads. I follow up with Zymol Concourse wax at $175 for 6 oz which gives my painted surface a coating much like a plastic cover. The reflection I get is show quality from OE paint and SLICK has never been color sanded.
Gary

Old 08-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Concorse Zymol sounds nice, looks great too!