G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Warranty for a G35 Coupe after Elite Warranty expired

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Warranty for a G35 Coupe after Elite Warranty expired

I have a 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT, bought in 2009. I purchased a 5-year Infiniti Elite Warranty for $1500 in 2010 that expired last October. It ended up paying for itself on malfucntioning tire pressure monitors and a collapsed hood hinge that required replacement and painting. I would like to keep the car for another 2-3 years but expect some expensive repairs to creep up during that time.

I am interested in learning if anyone has purchased aftermarket warranties for 9, 10-year old cars, and if they had good experiences when they had to file a claim, and also on any experiences with such warranties purchased at Infiniti dealers.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:08 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Subd
Good question. Likewise interested

Old 02-14-2016, 06:08 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
I did something similar. I purchased my 06 coupe from a dealer and purchased a third party warranty for 1500. There was a 100 deductible unless I take it to THE dealership (he got me... I didn't know he meant his dealership in San Diego, I'm in Santa Barbara)
It did pay itself off with wheel bearings, 2 tire pressure sensors, 2 window motors, one bad cat conv. and the big one was my passenger seat motor stopped working and they replaced the whole bottom half of my seat.
I asked to extend the warranty before it expired and they said they don't cover cars over a certain age/mileage. The car has been good to me though.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:14 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
I purchased the AAA vehicle warranty in November 2013 for two years (expired Dec 15). It was about 2300 for their gold plan that was good for two years or 24K miles. You got a slight discount if you belonged to AAA. Your deductible was 0 at a AAA repair location, 50 for in-network, and 100 out of network.

I only ended up using it twice within the warranty period and didn't recoup anywhere near my money. I had the alternator replaced and one outer tie rod.

There was one stipulation I didn't like. It ONLY covered original OEM parts still on the vehicle, I do a lot of my own repairs, so the parts I replaced on my own would not be covered. I'm not sure how they would handle that in a real scenario should it arise.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:29 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Good point on parts. I had to remove my hotchkis sway bars because they weren't oem and the claim adjuster tried to have me remove my nismo exhaust but the Infiniti dealership stepped in and told them it's Nissan factory parts.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:45 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
That's the reason all I can do until March 2017 is cosmetic mods. I have the Infiniti Elite Warranty until then (I won't make the mile limit of 122,000 before that date). No way am I going to give them an out for "modifications" to deny me a claim. I'll get a tune from Seymore4 in April, then put on the spacer right when the warranty expires and get retuned within the 1 year window. If I have to take it to dealer in the in-between, I'll just return it to factory settings.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
This is interesting. I assume free-market warranties have mileage and/or age limits. A 10 year old car is almost guaranteed to start having some issues, the risk seems too great for a company to make any money. I just assume if you want a car under warranty, buy a new/newer one.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:21 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by LoSt180
This is interesting. I assume free-market warranties have mileage and/or age limits. A 10 year old car is almost guaranteed to start having some issues, the risk seems too great for a company to make any money. I just assume if you want a car under warranty, buy a new/newer one.
I think there were some limits, but they gave me coverage when I had about 130K miles. I think they get you on how much the whole thing costs. I mean 2300 for only two years was a lot more then what I paid when I got the G brand new for 6 years of coverage.

I had a few bolt on mods and the dealers were pretty good about it, however, there was one dealership that tried deny everything. I moved out to Tampa years ago and they ALWAYS tried to find a reason not to cover something; I would NEVER recommend Infiniti of Tampa even now 7 years later. I started going to Infiniti in Clearwater (Best) and Infiniti of Miami were pretty good. I live in West Chester now and Infiniti of West Chester never really hassled me either.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by coffeysm
I think there were some limits, but they gave me coverage when I had about 130K miles. I think they get you on how much the whole thing costs. I mean 2300 for only two years was a lot more then what I paid when I got the G brand new for 6 years of coverage.

I had a few bolt on mods and the dealers were pretty good about it, however, there was one dealership that tried deny everything. I moved out to Tampa years ago and they ALWAYS tried to find a reason not to cover something; I would NEVER recommend Infiniti of Tampa even now 7 years later. I started going to Infiniti in Clearwater (Best) and Infiniti of Miami were pretty good. I live in West Chester now and Infiniti of West Chester never really hassled me either.
Thanks All for the comments! I will check for a quote with AAA. Unlike all other warranty companies out there they already have my phone number and e-mail on file... My car is only at 66k miles, even though I daily-drive it, so maybe it will not cost an exorbitant amount.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:59 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by LoSt180
Yes, there are stipulations and conditions that the warranty companies will issue with your warranty to protect them. They normally won't cover a car with over 150k miles or older than 10yrs, but this will vary with each company.

When I bought my 05 coupe with 116k miles in 2014, I bought an extended warranty for 3yrs/100k miles. The conditions of the warranty includes:

-A full car inspection after time of purchase.
-Routine maintenance e.g. oil change
-$100 deductible per repair.

Many things that will wear out normally are not covered; this is probably how they will get you anyway. Brakes, suspension, clutch, navigation etc are all not covered.

The warranty company I have is called ToCo Warranty, in case anyone is interested. At least they cover the main things such as engine, drivetrain, a/c, window motors etc.