G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

just got a ticket for no front plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2005 | 04:53 PM
|
just got a ticket for no front plate

i've had my car for over a yr now and i've been driving without a front plate. i just got a ticket today.

i hate the front plate!!! how many of you guys drive with the front plate?

Old 02-24-2005 | 04:57 PM
Not me... been driving without a front plate for over a year now... and I've even been pulled over for tinted front windows, but no mention of the front lic plate missing... go figure....

Old 02-24-2005 | 05:00 PM
I keep the ugly front plate on as I was tired of getting pulled over. Suburban cops have nothing better to do so it provides a modicrum of security. I got one of the brackets that screws in where your tow hook would, so at least there's been no drilling...

Old 02-24-2005 | 05:03 PM
Get the bracket and keep both it and your license plate in your trunk.

If you get pulled over, just apologize to the office, telling you were taking pics or something, and forgot to put it on. Tell him you will put in on as he watches, and he will prob not have a problem with that.

Old 02-24-2005 | 05:14 PM
I'm in cali and I put on the front plate and thank God I did. I was driving on I-5 north from San Diego to Irvine and this idiot 90 year old man in a K car wagon decides to slam on his brakes when there is nobody in front of him.

I slam on my brakes and the car was able to slow itself quite a but but I still ended up bumping him from behind. We both pulled over and my license plate took the whole grunt of the impact. The chrome frame was toast but no damage to the actual car. I was soooooooooo happy cause I was thinking I would have to repaint the bumper.

So front plate can come in handy sometimes.

Old 02-24-2005 | 05:20 PM
if you have a 2004 model, try this:
http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=1434

i have one...works great

Old 02-24-2005 | 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by ck700sl
I'm in cali and I put on the front plate and thank God I did. I was driving on I-5 north from San Diego to Irvine and this idiot 90 year old man in a K car wagon decides to slam on his brakes when there is nobody in front of him.

I slam on my brakes and the car was able to slow itself quite a but but I still ended up bumping him from behind. We both pulled over and my license plate took the whole grunt of the impact. The chrome frame was toast but no damage to the actual car. I was soooooooooo happy cause I was thinking I would have to repaint the bumper.

So front plate can come in handy sometimes.
that is hilarious.

RRBoy: is that the only reason why they pulled you over? usually, cops won't care about the front plate unless they pull you over for speeding or reckless driving or something.

Old 02-24-2005 | 07:58 PM
It's not the critic......
RRBoy.........where at in Houston? I don't have the front plate either....bought 4 suction cups and put them in the little slots on the plate and keep it under my seat.....I'll stick it in the front window if a cop pulls me over and say, damn it keeps falling off when I hit the gas! A lot cheaper than the tow hook bracket and no holes.....

Old 02-24-2005 | 08:49 PM
In socal, they'll pull you over for no front plate, it's lame, but happened to my friend 2 weeks ago. i need to get mine put on, bummer

Old 02-24-2005 | 09:49 PM
Interesting--I was in Houston past weekend - drove in from Dallas on I-45 and I had no problems.

Old 02-24-2005 | 10:04 PM
Old 02-24-2005 | 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by madchef
Get the bracket and keep both it and your license plate in your trunk.

If you get pulled over, just apologize to the office, telling you were taking pics or something, and forgot to put it on. Tell him you will put in on as he watches, and he will prob not have a problem with that.
Respect!!!

Old 02-24-2005 | 10:19 PM
Cool

No front plate for me. Although I am 44, I think that I have that "Old-Fart-Look" to any peace officers that may look my way. When they see my hair and wedding band, I think it's a great deterrent to keep me away from any confrontations among them. BTW, **** on Crown Victoria's!!!
The only thing I can't beat is that radio. Double **** on Crown Vic's!!!

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/XM/Tint/Chrome 17's/Black Badged

Old 02-24-2005 | 10:30 PM
|
i've been driving all over houston for the past yr and no problems. until today, i decided to roll down my window and turn up the music real loud....

i got pulled over on eldridge and westheimer. i saw the cop eye to eye when he was on the opposite side of the road. and i saw him bust a U in my rearview mirror. i just had the feeling that the cop wanted to ruin my day right there and then he was going to pull me over. i guess i looked too cool for them in my G. heheh. and yea, i got ticket for no front plate, nothing else. and i still won't be putting the front plate on!!! damn those pigs...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: just got a ticket for no front plate