G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Where do I buy cheaper replacement parts for 2003 G35 coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 06:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Where do I buy cheaper replacement parts for 2003 G35 coupe?

First off, on the passenger's side I am missing the roof drip molding (73855AM800 I think) and I don't want to buy it from the stealership because they want about $200 for and I feel I could get it for way cheaper, I just don't know where to look. Also, on the driver's side, the front bumper side marker light is missing both the bulb and housing (this picture shows it with the bulb still intact, but it must've fallen out or something). I'm not sure what the best bulb and housing would be to buy, and I figure you guys would know more about that than I.

Lastly, I found two physical problems with the car that I'm hoping you guys could help me with. The mileage is giving me issues, as I was expecting an average of 17 mpg in the city (90% of my driving is city) but I average anywhere from 14.3-15 and it's just pitiful and expensive. To be fair, the car is a 2003 and it has ~146k miles on it. Does anyone have any idea of what parts might need to be replaced to increase the mpg a bit more? The headlights that the car came with (the previous owner replaced the OEM ones) are what I believe to be "[Dual CCFL Halo]For 2003-2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe LED Projector Chrome Headlights." They look nice, but are terrible for visibility because they are pointed downward. If I could just point them up that'd be great, as they are really bright, but I don't know what to tighten. A lot of people in the forums have taught how to aim OEM headlights, but I was wondering if anyone here would know anything about aftermarkets? Thank you for your time guys!

Old 10-18-2016, 06:02 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by phoking_tj
First off, on the passenger's side I am missing the roof drip molding (73855AM800 I think) and I don't want to buy it from the stealership because they want about $200 for and I feel I could get it for way cheaper, I just don't know where to look. eBay or your local junkyards are your best bet. Also, on the driver's side, the front bumper side marker light is missing both the bulb and housing (this picture shows it with the bulb still intact, but it must've fallen out or something). I'm not sure what the best bulb and housing would be to buy, and I figure you guys would know more about that than I. eBay

Lastly, I found two physical problems with the car that I'm hoping you guys could help me with. The mileage is giving me issues, as I was expecting an average of 17 mpg in the city (90% of my driving is city) but I average anywhere from 14.3-15 and it's just pitiful and expensive. To be fair, the car is a 2003 and it has ~146k miles on it. Does anyone have any idea of what parts might need to be replaced to increase the mpg a bit more? Sounds about right, nothing you can do to seriously improve mileage. Make sure your tires are inflated to the proper pressure and keep your foot off the gas as much as possible. If a couple of MPG's difference is "expensive" methinks you bought the wrong car, sorry. The headlights that the car came with (the previous owner replaced the OEM ones) are what I believe to be "[Dual CCFL Halo]For 2003-2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe LED Projector Chrome Headlights." They look nice, but are terrible for visibility because they are pointed downward. If I could just point them up that'd be great, as they are really bright, but I don't know what to tighten. A lot of people in the forums have taught how to aim OEM headlights, but I was wondering if anyone here would know anything about aftermarkets? Sell those pieces of **** and buy some replacement OEM's. I'd say buy the 06-07 coupe projectors but I think they are a little out of your budget. Thank you for your time guys!

OK here's the deal and I will be as kind as I can be. You bought a car that was initially branded as a luxury car so repairs can get expensive. That's especially true if you have other people fix your issues and you don't have the ability and/or knowledge to do things yourself. Our cars are not cheap to own. Other responses are above in red.

The following users liked this post:
S 854 (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 12:17 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
An easy place to find great deals on non-authentic (not made by Infiniti, Nissan, Toyota, etc...) OEM replacement parts is partsgeek.com

S 854 (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
eBay, Craigslist, or junkyard for used OEM parts. I go to RockAuto for just about everything else, but if it comes to critical transmission or engine parts I will go to a Nissan dealership. Example shocks, brake pads, rotors, calipers, etc... I'll buy from RockAuto. When I did my water pump, timing chain, and things like that I bought them from a Nissan dealership. Parts guy hooked me up with a discount and even looked up what I needed for me.

S 854 (10-18-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
First off, on the passenger's side I am missing the roof drip molding (73855AM800 I think) and I don't want to buy it from the stealership because they want about $200 for and I feel I could get it for way cheaper, I just don't know where to look. Also, on the driver's side, the front bumper side marker light is missing both the bulb and housing (this picture shows it with the bulb still intact, but it must've fallen out or something). I'm not sure what the best bulb and housing would be to buy, and I figure you guys would know more about that than I. Easy, find a Nissan/Infiniti wrecking yard (boneyard) in your area! Normally the parts you're looking for wouldn't be damaged in a rearend/frontal collision!

Lastly, I found two physical problems with the car that I'm hoping you guys could help me with. The mileage is giving me issues, as I was expecting an average of 17 mpg in the city (90% of my driving is city) but I average anywhere from 14.3-15 and it's just pitiful and expensive. To be fair, the car is a 2003 and it has ~146k miles on it. Does anyone have any idea of what parts might need to be replaced to increase the mpg a bit more? The headlights that the car came with (the previous owner replaced the OEM ones) are what I believe to be "[Dual CCFL Halo]For 2003-2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe LED Projector Chrome Headlights." They look nice, but are terrible for visibility because they are pointed downward. If I could just point them up that'd be great, as they are really bright, but I don't know what to tighten. A lot of people in the forums have taught how to aim OEM headlights, but I was wondering if anyone here would know anything about aftermarkets? Thank you for your time guys!
MPG improvement is never easy with a high mileage ride! Like Blue mentioned tire pressure! Try this let you gas tank run almost empty (1/4) and drop in the whole bottle of Red Line injector cleaner driving it a few miles before you fill up! Fact is your MPG isn't all that bad considering you spend most of your time intercity. Those headlights are adjustable even though they're not the best, have a mechanic adjust them or ask the Stealership how to adjust them...Gary

Last edited by gary c; 10-19-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:53 PM
Thanks for your responses!

Thanks everyone for all the replies! I will check out the websites you guys mentioned for the parts I need. I already found a used OEM roof molding on eBay for $50! Much better than buying it new for $190....

Also to those wondering, while I am new to cars, I am also doing my best to learn everything I can about them and the G in general, so that I can do maintenance on my own. I have no problems getting my hands dirty for two reasons. Obviously I want to save money, but also because I enjoy learning more about the G. Everyone's gotta start somewhere there, right?

The following 2 users liked this post by phoking_tj:
Blue Dream (10-21-2016), EPiK (10-21-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
MPG improvement is never easy with a high mileage ride! Like Blue mentioned tire pressure! Try this let you gas tank run almost empty (1/4) and drop in the whole bottle of Red Line injector cleaner driving it a few miles before you fill up! Fact is your MPG isn't all that bad considering you spend most of your time intercity. Those headlights are adjustable even though they're not the best, have a mechanic adjust them or ask the Stealership how to adjust them...Gary
I'll look into the injector cleaner, thanks man! And yeah after thinking about it some more, I guess the MPG isn't all that bad for only intercity. I didn't think I could adjust these headlights cuz they're POS and not OEM, but I was gonna try and see if I can drop the bumper this weekend and play with them a bit. I'll give an update to let you know how it turns out!

Old 10-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
You need to download a copy of the factory service manual (FSM). Search forum for "psedog" to find a link to download the version for your car. Keep all the files in one folder. Start with the 'fwd' file. It is a linked PDF table of contents and clicking on the chapters will take you to whatever topic is currently of interest.

S 854 (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 07:18 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I'll look into the injector cleaner, thanks man! And yeah after thinking about it some more, I guess the MPG isn't all that bad for only intercity. I didn't think I could adjust these headlights cuz they're POS and not OEM, but I was gonna try and see if I can drop the bumper this weekend and play with them a bit. I'll give an update to let you know how it turns out!
The headlights can be adjusted without having to drop the bumper! Looked in my Owners Manual but it shows zero about headlight adjustment Like I posted, ask a mechanic or check with a quality auto parts store maybe they can access the right info. I've adjusted headlights before just not on our cars, mine have been perfect...Gary

S 854 (10-19-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
The headlights can be adjusted without having to drop the bumper! Looked in my Owners Manual but it shows zero about headlight adjustment Like I posted, ask a mechanic or check with a quality auto parts store maybe they can access the right info. I've adjusted headlights before just not on our cars, mine have been perfect...Gary
Is this little hole the part where you are supposed to adjust with a screwdriver?

Attached Thumbnails Where do I buy cheaper replacement parts for 2003 G35 coupe?-img_2102.jpg   Where do I buy cheaper replacement parts for 2003 G35 coupe?-img_2103.jpg   Where do I buy cheaper replacement parts for 2003 G35 coupe?-img_2104.jpg  
Old 11-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Update: I was able to adjust the headlights so they don't point down anymore! Only problem is I think there's seloose connection in the driver's side headlight, because it works sometimes, and other times it just attempts to ignite but only flickers dimly. Guessing I'm gonna have to drop the bumper to strengthen the connection a bit