Carputer installed! (many many pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good. Great job!

Old 02-27-2005, 09:45 AM
VERY Nice!! Package that up with a good install manual and you have a new home business!

Old 02-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Frostya
Damn that's nice... what software are you using for the front end?
He used the products Centrafuse http://www.fluxmedia.net Very cool product I have been playing with it for a bit. My G will be here soon, and now that I saw someone else put a carputer in with great success I think I am going to do it as well.

Lots more info about Centrafuse here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Old 02-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Any opinions on Centrafuse? I got the same setup but have been using Frodoplayer instead and I like how it interfaces to IGuidance embedded. However, I do have some problems with it because I do have the DigitalWheelz screen but since you have to resize the screen to get out of the native 800 x 600 resolution (it cuts off the size), I have some problems running IGuidance embedded because the Xenarc frame cuts off the program in Frodo.

If Centrafuse is looking good lately I may have to give that a try and see.

P.S. I notice in your desktop picture that you have the same problem with teh frame cutting off the screen. There's a program to fix that but how are you running Centrafuse to fit the screen okay without cutting it?

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Frostya
Damn that's nice... what software are you using for the front end?
Ditto that...what software is that for front end? I've seen it before, it appears to run in windows and not operating system alone (right?) Where did you buy the opus power supply? I want to do my G-computer this summer, but might try to cram the motherboard under the passenger front seat since it sits pretty high. VERY NICE JOB!!

Old 02-27-2005, 10:45 AM
you are a sick man..... God I like that....

Old 02-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by balto
He used the products Centrafuse http://www.fluxmedia.net Very cool product I have been playing with it for a bit. My G will be here soon, and now that I saw someone else put a carputer in with great success I think I am going to do it as well.

Lots more info about Centrafuse here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68
Great! thanks for the info...

I'll look into that more when I start putting together a system... Hopefully lol..

Old 02-27-2005, 10:52 AM
wow thats nice !

Old 02-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does it go up and down and where is your keyboard/controls housed? Pics?

Thats awsome job man, motivated me...but then I saw your car in shambles and thought eh...someday.

Old 02-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Duy
holy Anything But Crap! Its so nice! props man

Old 02-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by accordfreak
looks good man! how big is the monitor? do you pay monthy for the satellite internet or something?
7"
Internet access is achieved through open wifi access points

Originally Posted by madchef
Very nice work, real clean job of running the wires!

What are you using for Nav?
What were some of the problems you ran into?
Im using Destinator for navigation. Its so far been less than stellar. Im thinking of switching back to copilot
Biggest problem I ran into was that the ribbon cable for the lcd came out and with it coming out, it broke a small retaining clip that held it in place. Without this clip, I was screwed. Had to get god_of_cpu to 2nd day air mail me a new one
Other than that, everything went smoothly. Its a chore disassembling the G35 interior but its pretty brainless work; prety much just pull, most things are on snaps.

Originally Posted by DaBear
VERY Nice!! Package that up with a good install manual and you have a new home business!
Im entertaining the notion of installing these for other people in Southern California. Its a large amount of work though

Originally Posted by pratik97
Any opinions on Centrafuse? I got the same setup but have been using Frodoplayer instead and I like how it interfaces to IGuidance embedded. However, I do have some problems with it because I do have the DigitalWheelz screen but since you have to resize the screen to get out of the native 800 x 600 resolution (it cuts off the size), I have some problems running IGuidance embedded because the Xenarc frame cuts off the program in Frodo.

If Centrafuse is looking good lately I may have to give that a try and see.

P.S. I notice in your desktop picture that you have the same problem with teh frame cutting off the screen. There's a program to fix that but how are you running Centrafuse to fit the screen okay without cutting it?

Thanks.
Centrafuse is pretty good. Its still maturing but its good as is.
The screen cuts off the edges because of the frame and does this on all DW screens. Its annoying but when actually in Centrafuse its hard to tell. Ive adjusted the screen position with the remote so that nothing in CF was covered up. The program provided by god_of_cpu will only move around the desktop icons, it wont change anything else unfortunately

Originally Posted by klwoods
Ditto that...what software is that for front end? I've seen it before, it appears to run in windows and not operating system alone (right?) Where did you buy the opus power supply? I want to do my G-computer this summer, but might try to cram the motherboard under the passenger front seat since it sits pretty high. VERY NICE JOB!!
Frontend is called Centrafuse
Bought the Opus from www.digitalww.com

Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
How does it go up and down and where is your keyboard/controls housed? Pics?

Thats awsome job man, motivated me...but then I saw your car in shambles and thought eh...someday.
The screen goes up and down by use of a rail guide. You pull it out and its held up by a magnet on its back. Then, you just push it back in when you dont want it out.
Since the screen is touch sensitive, I dont need a keyboard or mouse or any other similar device. However, I do have a small keyboard and game controller that Ill stick in the glovebox to use if needed. The USB hub is located there

Old 02-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Hot damn! That's niccee! ... if I only could do that with my stock navi screen... =(

Old 02-27-2005, 02:10 PM
As a techie and a G-lover, I gotta say that is fricken awesome. I spend half my life on the computer and the other half in my G. Damn, with this system I can just sit in the car all day Great job dude!

Old 02-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by visualfusion
Hot damn! That's niccee! ... if I only could do that with my stock navi screen... =(
You can...i have stock navi too, and plan on doing it. Only bad part is lack of touch screen. Having a touch screen in the stock location would be sweet, but from what I hear we can't just replace out OEM screen and upgrade to touch monitor. I'm thinking about mounting a USB touch pad (like on laptops) in the console and running a PC remote too (already have the ATI all-in-wonder remote).

I'm thinking about mouting a DVD-rom accessible from the driver's seat to interface to the PC...anyone tried to extend the IDE ribbon cable or USB to like 15 feet?? I've never been able to find them any longer than about 4 ft.

Old 02-27-2005, 03:21 PM
You Sir, are insane....

Congrats, thats a nice system.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carputer installed! (many many pics)