G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bought & Built 06 G35 6mt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 11:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good read.

However I was cringing at the troll.

Keep us updated OP. When do you plan on having it on the streets again?

Old 05-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 03G35C6MT
Good read.

However I was cringing at the troll.

Keep us updated OP. When do you plan on having it on the streets again?
Spun a bearing a week ago. Waiting on teardown to see what the damage is....

Old 05-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by hooey_b
Spun a bearing a week ago. Waiting on teardown to see what the damage is....
Man.... it never ends! Good luck.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:48 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's been a while, but here's an update:

Engine came out, and turbo kit came off. I'm in a bind, so the turbo kit has to go in order to finance the new motor. This time, EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE DONE PROPER. None of this short-cutting bulls&%$. I plan to make this engine basically bulletproof, and the boost much later when I can afford it again.

The plan is as follows:

VQ35DE block, 100mm bore w/sleeves (haven't decided which one), oem crank, 264 JWT cams, supertech valvetrain, heads custom ported intake and exhaust runners, nismo oil pump or sucker punch billet (have to decide, still looking at specs), APR L19 studs on everything, ATI superdamper, kinetix v2 manifold, NWP throttle body, LMT 4.5"intake, VHR tubular cast headers, motordyne ART pipes, AAM 3"exhaust, polyurethane everything, greddy oil pan, 25 row oil cooler with thermostatic plate, radiator fan relay bypass, innovate dual lambda gauge, oil pressure gauge, coolant temp gauge. I'm keeping the fuel system from the last setup- 1000cc injectors, AAM fuel return with rails, and walboro 450 in the tank. Also, the pathfinder mod is a must as well.

For the drivetrain, I'm going to just rebuild the diff for now...3.916 final drive gearing, quaife LSD, and the z1 diff cover.

I'm hoping to hit 340 who +/- 10hp and 320 ft lb +/-10. Boost can wait, I've had enough of it this past year.
Hopefully, I'll have this finished by Zdayz next year. If not, then ZNats is the absolute deadline. That should give me ample time to do everything proper and fix all the gremlins as the build progresses.

All work is being done at Oden's Customs & Restoration, and the engine is going to be blueprints by Chris S. Worelds. Words can't express how it feels to have friends to help with your build, who have the means and expertise I can count on.

At my boy's shop, Oden's Customs & Restoration. Shout out to Joel for letting me get most of the work done at his shop. Having a lift on demand is the sh&%.

All hands effort. Got the motor out in less than 2 hours. Shout out to Jordan R, Chris R (you didnt do sh&% old man, lol), and Joel Oden.

Motor and trans removed finally.

I knew it was coming eventually...but like anyone else, I chose to deny it blatantly till it bit me in the a&$. There were metal shavings from all oil changes I had on this car...shoulda known. Smh.

Good thing it happened too. This is the driver side mount. Passenger side isnt much better.

Empty...the car officially runs now on hopes and dreams.

The breakdown.

Crazy...for those who dont know, the Greddy turbo manifolds are notorious for their cracking. This one damn near went 2/3 the way around the whole section. In good conscience, i cant sell it in this condition, so it's cutrently at Royalty Performance for repair, before I ship the kit to its new home.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Many blessings and good luck on your journey hooey_b and Blue Dream you always got good information , i just came into a lil $$ myself and wanna do some things i had big dreams of boost and all that and i still want to boost eventually . But reading these forums definitely is a good learning tool to see the people going through what i want to achieve.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ceedagr8:
Blue Dream (11-07-2017), EPiK (11-07-2017)