G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Urine smell in car after getting out of storage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Urine smell in car after getting out of storage

I just took my g out on the weekend and when I got in it, all I could smell was urine. Clearly there was a mouse camping out in there over the winter.
I took the cabin filter out and there was no sign of it being in there. I also cranked the heat up and didn't notice the smell getting worse. I ripped up the back seats, looked under front seats and also checked the trunk and there is nothing.
My guess is it's in the dash somewhere, when I first turn the car on, it gets more potent.
Has anyone had a mouse living in their dash somewhere? Just trying to get an idea of where I should start, or some common places that other people might have experienced. TIA

Old 04-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by kerrdawg
I just took my g out on the weekend and when I got in it, all I could smell was urine. Clearly there was a mouse camping out in there over the winter.
I took the cabin filter out and there was no sign of it being in there. I also cranked the heat up and didn't notice the smell getting worse. I ripped up the back seats, looked under front seats and also checked the trunk and there is nothing.
My guess is it's in the dash somewhere, when I first turn the car on, it gets more potent.
Has anyone had a mouse living in their dash somewhere? Just trying to get an idea of where I should start, or some common places that other people might have experienced. TIA
Never had a problem with both of my Infiniti's
Of course I use mine every day year round.
Mine loves snow.

Name:  IMG_5126-1_zpsxclhll7d.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  102.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5125-1_zps0eh7eybs.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  109.7 KB

By not using your vehicle you treated mice to a nice winter home. They choose their vehicles carefully. Nice choice for them.

I believe there are products that discourage mice. You are lucky they only pissed in your vehicle and did not chew up your wiring harness. Then you would really be pissed with an expensive repair.

Googled and found this one

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...of-stored-cars

Telcoman

Last edited by telcoman; 04-10-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
The last time mice got in my car it was in the dash. Also de-grease the engine, just because it's easy...overlooked...and might need to be done anyway.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Did you wash the car yet? Maybe some drunk guy pissed all over your car or a homeless guy used it as his personal bathroom a few times and that scent is getting pulled in through the ventilation system intake.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
The last time mice got in my car it was in the dash. Also de-grease the engine, just because it's easy...overlooked...and might need to be done anyway.
Do you remember where abouts it was in the dash?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by telcoman
Never had a problem with both of my Infiniti's
Of course I use mine every day year round.
Mine loves snow.

By not using your vehicle you treated mice to a nice winter home. They choose their vehicles carefully. Nice choice for them.

I believe there are products that discourage mice. You are lucky they only pissed in your vehicle and did not chew up your wiring harness. Then you would really be pissed with an expensive repair.

Googled and found this one

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...of-stored-cars

Telcoman
I did the bounce sheet trick on the interior of the car, I didn't put them under the hood or anything. I guess I'll be putting them literally everywhere this winter.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by kerrdawg
Do you remember where abouts it was in the dash?
Front windshield defroster, I saw the bastard poke his head through once.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:14 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
lolololol that's funny.

OK not really, I would have been very irritated at the little fvcker..........

Old 04-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
When I was purchasing my car and reviewing the records I noted the entire harness had been replaced at the dealership because of rodent damage.

Fast forward, six months later during knock sensor / knock harness replacement I found the nest and bedding-- under the lower intake manifold of all places. Nestled in the V of the block.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.