G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Interested in buying a G35, need advice

Old 05-13-2017, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Interested in buying a G35, need advice

What's up everyone!

Recently I've been really interested in buying a G35 and I have a couple of questions that hopefully some of you can help me with.

First I'd like to know about what to look for when purchasing a G35, I've watched videos about the common problems with the G35 such as: Seats, windows, lock motors, oil consumption specially with the revup, suspension and others I cant remember now.

I'm wondering, what major problems I might have to deal with in the future, and how expensive would it be?

Next, I'm wondering about the price. I've found a 2004 G35 6MT with the Brembo breaks, the car has only 93k KM (57k Mile). The asking price for it is 14.8K Canadian (10k USD).
Seems to be everything stock which makes me thing the previous owner might now have driven it hard and its been in pretty good condition.

I've personally not gone to check the car out in person, or give it a test drive yet since I'm still trying to find other G35's, most other ones are high kms. What are your thoughts on the price of the car. Obviously without actually seeing / driving the car its hard to say but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks everyone!

Old 05-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
The prevailing wisdom regarding used cars around here seems to be:

Find the cleanest car, with the lowest miles within your budget.

Kbb.com used car is your friend for valuation. Only in uncommon circumstances should you be paying over what is shown there.

As long as the previous owner and new owner stay on top of common maintenance items I wouldnt expect any "major" issues well north of 100k. Valve covers, rear diff bushing and clutch might be the first that come to mind.

57k is low mileage for a car of this age-- and the price tag reflects it. If it's close to perfect condition (no check lights, no rips / tears in interior, no dents / dings in exterior, everything clean and stock) I'd say it's worth a visit if you are passionate about these cars, sounds like a pretty rare find.