G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How many of you are 18 and younger?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have noticed with this thread that there aren't many of you youth from above the border.I guess that has to do with the fact that the f@#*ing cars up here cost about 50% more.Your coupe that sells for 35k, sells up here for 50k.I don't see very many youth driving around in them especially if they're paying the bills.If you work hard then you deserve it but if someone buys it for you then you should at least appreciate it and realize just how lucky you are!

Old 03-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
hmmm the responses that I am seeing here are not at all what I expected. I admire many of you who acquired the car from good ole hard work and perseverance. Please dont get me wrong, I am very humble and I feel extremely fortunate to have the car I have.

What I cannot seem to digest, is how you guys manage to get the money you do to pay for your mods, let alone your G. I started working at age 16, but saving money for a car of this stature was impossible. Perhaps it was my spending habits, but more so it was due to the money the job was paying.

I know I probably dont make anything close to what you guys make who are my age, but I think I make OKAY money. I get paid $11/hr for my current job and I am starting another job at the beginning of next month that pays $12.50/hr. I just dont understand because I cannot seem to save the type of money you guys save. I work 30/hrs + a week, and i make around $1100-$1300/mo.

Most of that money goes to gas, school, food, gf, little sis' gas, and going back and forth to chicago to help my mom.

If you guys dont mind me asking, what kind of jobs do you guys have?????
I find it hard to believe you can save enough money from working at bestbuy and other places that generally dont pay well and manage to save money to buy a G in 3 years. I know 3 yrs is quite a bit of time, but when you factor in expenses and liesure spending, it seems very challenging. You must be very disciplined to do this. Did you live in a cardboard box and live on bread on water saving for your car?? No expenses?

Nonetheless, you guys have inspirational stories.

Last edited by Omar; 03-02-2005 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:14 AM
i deliver pizzas $6/hr. plus tips, amke bagels $9/hr, the olny downside is i don't pay any taxes therefore i show no income when on any sort of credit chekc or anythign like that, but i al also very, very good at saving money, no girlfriend, no partying/going to clubs, no new clothes, no mods for my car, eat all my meals at work for free, never take a single day off work to relax, never go to the mall/movies, haven't been able to go on vacationg sicne i started working 5 years ago. vacations and days off work are a big waste of money, not only do you lose money from not working , you are also losing money becuase you are spending it, a vacation may cost you $1000, but you will lose $500 from not working, therefor your net cost off the vacation was $1500. i have realized it is so easy to save money when the only places you go are your hosue and your jobs.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Sup guys i'm in the same boat kinda... I didn't pay for my G or pay for insurance, but during the summer i free-willingly get a job and pay for my own gas and i have my own money for when i go out... so i guees i kinda feel yah guys. o yeh i do pay for my own mods as well. I don't really have much though since i think our car is fast enough haha

Old 03-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^ that sucks, basically you have no life and work like a dog.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:25 AM
18. turning 19 this Saturday.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
Yea man. I dont think I could live like that. Im a social person and need to go out. Thats what life is all about- the good times! Why not enjoy them while you are young

Old 03-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Dad=working stiff , like father like son, son=working stiff.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:33 AM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by Omar
hmmm the responses that I am seeing here are not at all what I expected. I admire many of you who acquired the car from good ole hard work and perseverance. Please dont get me wrong, I am very humble and I feel extremely fortunate to have the car I have.

What I cannot seem to digest, is how you guys manage to get the money you do to pay for your mods, let alone your G. I started working at age 16, but saving money for a car of this stature was impossible. Perhaps it was my spending habits, but more so it was due to the money the job was paying.

I know I probably dont make anything close to what you guys make who are my age, but I think I make OKAY money. I get paid $11/hr for my current job and I am starting another job at the beginning of next month that pays $12.50/hr. I just dont understand because I cannot seem to save the type of money you guys save. I work 30/hrs + a week, and i make around $1100-$1300/mo.

Most of that money goes to gas, school, food, gf, little sis' gas, and going back and forth to chicago to help my mom.

If you guys dont mind me asking, what kind of jobs do you guys have?????
I find it hard to believe you can save enough money from working at bestbuy and other places that generally dont pay well and manage to save money to buy a G in 3 years. I know 3 yrs is quite a bit of time, but when you factor in expenses and liesure spending, it seems very challenging. You must be very disciplined to do this. Did you live in a cardboard box and live on bread on water saving for your car?? No expenses?

Nonetheless, you guys have inspirational stories.
I explained initially how I got the money (over time) for my G. 18k from working 12 to 16 (no expenses whatsoever at that time).... $4.5k a year... $375 a month... $93 and some change a week ..... Rest came out of my parents for my used lexus is300, $29k after taxes and all other expenses, but as I stated before, I have not seen a penny from them after that, with the exception of a few birthdays and one big christmas present between my 2 parents and my grandfather (my stero in the lexus). After that I bought a winter vehicle from my best friends father used car lot, it was a great deal; 00 cavilier marked at the time for $7600, and he gave it to me for 4k. About a year later, I turned around and sold the Lexus for 34k and the cavilier for 6k.... and the G after taxes was $40,011 (i remember writing the check)...... And as you can see from my sig that I dont have to many very costly mods becuase I have to pay the essentials first... but after tax returns I plan to buy the Nismo replica rims though. I dont make enuff money to drop the money for the real ones and if I did, I would hold onto it becuase money is very valuable to me, I'm not sure if some teens have lost sight of just how valuable the dollar really is.

Last edited by IS300TOG35; 03-02-2005 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
im 19, 20 in july. i just got my 2004 G35 coupe 6 m/t on january 4, 2005.

ive been dreaming about this car since i saw the first advertisement of a red 2003 G35 coupe in a car and driver magazine. i put $2500 down of my own money made during christmas break and my mom took out $3000 out of my savings. i got $3300 for my trade in ('98 oldsmobile intrigue). i just started gaining credit about 6 months ago, so i couldnt pass for the 6 year/$26,000 loan, which means my mom's name is on it. so that sucks for me. but i pay the $432 a month car payment. i usualy make 2 payments a month because i can afford it and i want to get the car payed off as fast as possible. my insurance went from 2600 on my old car to 3300 a year. so i pay the $700 difference a year. my parents cover the rest. my parents give me $125 a week for foog, gas, etc...but gas alone is that much a month. plus i have an expensive girlfriend which i have to keep up with. im a full time student at UCF and work 20-30 hours a week doing valet at a very nice mall in orlando, fl.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
if you dont mind me asking, what kinda job do you have? BTW, is300tog35, props to you man. Seems like you are a very responsible and hard working person.

I cant wait till the summer though. Thats when I can work more hours with less expenses = more mods. Plus, im getting my real estate lisence by the beginning of summer

Old 03-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Florida G35 Club
Thumbs up

This guy has got his act together.
He works for it and understands what he wants. I like this guy!!
I wish and hope my boys will think like him.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:04 AM
► Matt ◄
if you dont mind me asking, what kinda job do you have? BTW, is300tog35, props to you man. Seems like you are a very responsible and hard working person.

I cant wait till the summer though. Thats when I can work more hours with less expenses = more mods. Plus, im getting my real estate lisence by the beginning of summer
Thanks for the compliment Omar, I am going to be leaving my current job in a couple months, and working an internship for my feild of study. I am going to be making less than I am now, but I would rather the experience for my future than have the extra money now for mods or what have you. Btw, if your wondering my major is Buisness Administration, but I am focused on the advertising/marketing end. I'm looking forward to finally getting some real life experience with it, even if they are going to be paying me jack s*it

Old 03-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
yea im actually interested in finding an internship, but im not sure where to look. I want an internship perhaps in a hospital or neuroclinic. Where are you looking for the internships?

Old 03-02-2005, 01:14 AM
► Matt ◄
yea im actually interested in finding an internship, but im not sure where to look. I want an internship perhaps in a hospital or neuroclinic. Where are you looking for the internships?
One of my professors suggested to me a few local advertising agencys, he said I should call and tell them I'm interested in a summer internship, where I goto school, etc... The second one I called returned a phone call and asked me to come in. The interview went great, he was very impressed at the topics I threw out at him and told me I can start in May. Its only for the summer, but experience is experience. You need to start somewhere right. Who knows where it will go from their, they might really like me and offer me a part time job after the summer, who knows.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many of you are 18 and younger?