Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my G on 19 and was almost 20. You get good grades and they will buy u ^^

Old 03-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by pratik97
"i make $1000+ a week deliviring pizzas"

Dude, where are you at? Looks like I just blew a whole lot on an engineering degree when I could be delivering pizzas!!! Who knew!!!
And his income taxes are probably pretty low.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:00 PM
well im 17 this is my 3 car (i dont have them all now) and im geting a nother g this month......

Old 03-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Im 19.. and i work at metro nissan of montclair.. im making 7k to 10k a month on average... started when i was 18..

Old 03-02-2005, 01:41 PM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by crazyness
Im 19.. and i work at metro nissan of montclair.. im making 7k to 10k a month on average... started when i was 18..
Are you a salesman, or work as a tech?

Old 03-02-2005, 02:34 PM
You guys are very lucky.. can't imagine 16 and 17 yrs having a Nice G !

Old 03-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Banned
Well im 22 with NO G35. Im still in school for my MIS degree and graduate in 3 semesters. For the kids looking for internships go to your schools job/internship fair. I Went to my schools expecting it to be all basic ****ty jobs i handed in a resume and got a call 3 days later. I know work for a good company making 17.57/hr. I started this past monday and i'm actually here right now as i type this.

Back to spoiled brats. Why should you care if your parents buy you a car or you save up for it. My parents bought me a g20 when i started college. Let it be my own money or theres i still appreciate a nice car. I don't feel like i should ask my parents to pay for another car for me BUT i will be asking for them to pitch in on the G35 when i graduate and have a job locked up. Like most College kids on here my parents pay rent for me and take care of school. I pay cell phone, utilities, and fun expenses. With that said i wouldn't feel any better about myself if i payed rent, i would just have less money.

Hmm and about money if i wanted to pinch pennies i could get a G but its not worth it. Thats why i ride motorcycles b/c they're more fun(possibly) and i pay approx 300/mth to own them.

Once agian it seems like most people respect what thier parents can get them and i just hope you are able to match or do better for your kids when you have them. I sure as hell know my kid will get a ****ty car at 16 and at 17 they'll have whatever they want( thats if i just dont give it to them at 16) as long as they show respect etc. and all that comes from how you raise your child.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Z2G
if you're young (18 or under) and your parents give you a nice car, it's all good. my parents got me a nice car when i was 17 and i'm not spoiled in any way possible. as long as your parents can afford it, i don't see why ppl are against it. perhaps it's an asian or cultural thing because, for us, it's absolutely normal for parents to support their kids up until they finish school (college or graduate school).

however, i do think it's a bit questionable to give your kid a fast, sports-car. considering how most kids under 18 are pretty reckless---case in point, "how do i do a burnout" thread. also, i find it really despicable how some kids with rich parents can be really spoiled and truly waste money. for example, i knew some kids in high school who were "parachute kids" where their parents were in taiwan and were apparently well-off. the two sons lived here in america for schooling and lived pretty extravagantly. they just kept asking for their parents for more money and they parents would give it to them without asking. they bought a house, changed cars every 6 months to a year, had collections of fine watches (cartier, rolex, omega, etc), basically lived like kings. for example, they each had two cars...one brother had 3000gt (when they first came out) and a benz 500sl. the other had a 300zx tt and m5. i met their parents and they looked like average, hard-working ppl who made decent money....not millionaires though. sadly, these two are not the exception. i know of many other cases with similar stories.

about the kid who makes $1000/week delivering pizzas, i don't know how you do your taxes but i'm sure sooner or later, the irs will wonder how someone with supposedly no income can afford your car. also, i agree with the other member. if you're so hard-working, why don't you do something better that's up to par with your drive. if anything, you can open your own pizza joint.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
im 18, i have my car for 4 months and I pay for my car and the down payment.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
put it like this, even though im only 18 with a 1 year old daughter, i try my best to give her everything. From the parents point of view, i understand why some parents buy their kids $35K+ cars because making their kids happy is probably the most import thing to them especially if they earned it, cause i know for a fact, when i buy my daughter a toy or something and she smiles, its the best damn feeling in the world...

i wish my dad would pay for my car, but im just happy enough that he trusts me by Co-signing for my car and trust me by making the payments on time.

Last edited by Wicked_limitz; 03-02-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:36 PM
parents are buying my car.

I turn 17 in april

Old 03-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by quiksilverj810
got my 05 coupe MT when is was 17. Still am 17 now
Sadly, this kind of says it all.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
17 here

Old 03-02-2005, 09:08 PM
yehh I've been tryin' to argue the fact that i'm not spoiled as well, but there are ALOT of people that disagree no matter what you say, so i've come to live w/ it. I try not to argue it anymore since I know that I am not and I'm doing as much as possible to not be a typical "spoiled kid." Yeh i get great grades as well (4.0 w/ ap/hp classes) but i still feel that we shouldn't have to prove to anybody who we really are. But anyways, if any of you guys live in OC we should for sure meet up. one more thing... its great havin' a G at 17 haha. O yeh btw, the guy that said "well im 17 this is my 3 car (i dont have them all now) and im geting a nother g this month......" 3 cars!! seriously man come on another G???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many of you are 18 and younger?